Dr. Konior vs Dr. Munib Ahmad

Hello guys, I am a norwood 1.5 and I have stabilised and stopped my hair loss. Dark brown very thick hair

Which one of these two guys would you recommend for the most natural perfect homerun hairline result? I'm very impressed by both. I will need some temporal peak work done too but not too much

Both are exceptional, both top 5 surgeons in the world.

Both are also 10/10 when it comes to communication and after care. 

You can't go wrong with either. 

I would have a consultation with both and see who you resonate with best. Also check out their results and see which ones you personally prefer. 

If you can't split them after that then I would go with whoever is closer. 

I prefer Munib Ahmad's work. His pictures are of better quality and has plenty of videos combing the hair with close ups that show everything perfectly. I had Konior on my top 5 until I saw this combing video:

Looks somewhat pluggy to me compared to this:

IMO once you see the combing videos, Munib Ahmad is clearly better. The higher resolution pictures also help a lot. I don't think there's a better hair transplant surgeon than him tbh.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

1 hour ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I prefer Munib Ahmad's work. His pictures are of better quality and has plenty of videos combing the hair with close ups that show everything perfectly. I had Konior on my top 5 until I saw this combing video:

IMO once you see the combing videos, Munib Ahmad is clearly better. The higher resolution pictures also help a lot. I don't think there's a better hair transplant surgeon than him tbh.

Thanks for the analysis, although that Konior vid is 12 years old so hopefully he perfected his craft since then. I will probably choose Dr Munib Ahmad as he's much closer to me

1 hour ago, Turkhair said:

You forgot Pekiner. Easily amongst the best of the best especially for hairlines. 

I don't agree. He doesn't have any high quality, standarized after pictures to judge his work properly, just low quality patient selfies. Once he uploads 20+ cases with detailed presentation like Munib Ahmad or Zarev, then we can talk.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I don't agree. He doesn't have any high quality, standarized after pictures to judge his work properly, just low quality patient selfies. Once he uploads 20+ cases with detailed presentation like Munib Ahmad or Zarev, then we can talk.

But there are only 2 Zarev cases and both are patient posted selfies? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkhair said:

But there are only 2 Zarev cases and both are patient posted selfies? 

Visit his website, it has lots of cases, all of them with hundreds of high resolution pictures.

This one alone has 218 pictures, all of them super high quality:

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/results/event/results/11370Grafts

On 9/14/2023 at 7:54 PM, NegativeNorwood said:

You think this looks pluggy?

Dr Munibs looks much softer/ maybe less dense, but I don't think this one looks "pluggy".

What does everyone else think?

13 hours ago, TheManeMan said:

You think this looks pluggy?

Dr Munibs looks much softer/ maybe less dense, but I don't think this one looks "pluggy".

What does everyone else think?

Nothing pluggy about it.  That case was posted on here somewhere years ago.  It was 2 HTs on a NW3 resulting in the high density outcome.  I cant remember how may grafts but maybe high 2000s.

The Ahmad case is lower density.  It's actually about the same as my own (45-50 / cm2) except his design is more of a 'saw-tooth' favoured by some doctors.  Great result nonetheless

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 9/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, Bucky O Hair said:

Funny that this comparison came up.

I am planning for my crown, and just had consultations online with both of them.

I am planning to go with Ahmad.

What made you choose Ahmad over Konior?

TBH I would probably choose Ahmad too

3 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

What made you choose Ahmad over Konior?

TBH I would probably choose Ahmad too

Both Konior and Ahmad gave great answers to my questions and gave near identical estimates for required grafts (between 2k and 2.4 k grafts), and I liked that because they both look to be very efficient with the grafts they use (which is important to me since I want to preserve as much donor as possible).  I also had a meeting with an H&W consultant, but was give a rough estimate of 3.5k-4k grafts (which would wipe my donor out entirely, and confirmed my decision to go with a doctor doing the surgery instead of a technician-heavy one where they usually go very high with the graft count).  I also reached out to Zarev, but his assistant said he's booked up for consultations for 2 years, plus another 2 years after that for surgery (which simply doesn't make sense for me).

Konior is a lot closer to me geographically (and wouldn't require a flight), so I was initially geared toward Konior so I started consulting with him first.  However, he does insist on an in-person consultation (which is fine) but I ended up doing a consultation (via video chat) in the meantime with Ahmad.  Ahmad also shared a lot of crown-specific photos and videos, which were very impressive (not many docs like to share their crown results).  Both were very responsive.

I guess I just jived with Ahmad well (we have similar personalities), and I decided to take geography out of the equation.  I didn't end up scheduling an in-person consult with Konior, but I'm sure he would have been good too.  Overall cost and graft count estimates were the same (and both had availability in 2024), but I've seen a lot more results from Ahmad (both on this site and what was shared by him with me).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, Bucky O Hair said:

Both Konior and Ahmad gave great answers to my questions and gave near identical estimates for required grafts (between 2k and 2.4 k grafts), and I liked that because they both look to be very efficient with the grafts they use (which is important to me since I want to preserve as much donor as possible).  I also had a meeting with an H&W consultant, but was give a rough estimate of 3.5k-4k grafts (which would wipe my donor out entirely, and confirmed my decision to go with a doctor doing the surgery instead of a technician-heavy one where they usually go very high with the graft count).  I also reached out to Zarev, but his assistant said he's booked up for consultations for 2 years, plus another 2 years after that for surgery (which simply doesn't make sense for me).

Konior is a lot closer to me geographically (and wouldn't require a flight), so I was initially geared toward Konior so I started consulting with him first.  However, he does insist on an in-person consultation (which is fine) but I ended up doing a consultation (via video chat) in the meantime with Ahmad.  Ahmad also shared a lot of crown-specific photos and videos, which were very impressive (not many docs like to share their crown results).  Both were very responsive.

I guess I just jived with Ahmad well (we have similar personalities), and I decided to take geography out of the equation.  I didn't end up scheduling an in-person consult with Konior, but I'm sure he would have been good too.  Overall cost and graft count estimates were the same (and both had availability in 2024), but I've seen a lot more results from Ahmad (both on this site and what was shared by him with me).  

Hi all, haven’t posted in years but I wanted to add something on Konior. I had my surgery with Dr. Konior in 2016 and I couldn’t be happier. I do need a second ht that I have to schedule. I read that Konior is about to retire and he’s not taking any appointments for 2024 but I haven’t contacted his office yet.

Anyway, Dr. Konior is top notch and an absolute magician with hairlines. My hairline was gone when I had my procedure. He did such an outstanding job that I still am in awe at how natural it looks. Bucky, I don’t know if you’ve scheduled anything with Ahmad yet, but I can say that you would be in outstanding and gifted hands with Dr. Konior.  

Good luck with your choice.

• Administrators
On 9/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, NegativeNorwood said:

You’re comparing a video from 2011 to 2022. Obviously, the quality will be a lot better in 2022. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...