Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic - 2553 FUE 0 - 7.5 Months

The patient wanted to address his recession and reinforce the frontal third of the scalp as necessary.
This was able to be achieved with 2553 grafts and growth is shown here at 7.5 months post surgery.

MEDS: Regaine
VIDEO:

FU/HAIR COUNT
 1s - 474/474
2s - 1203/2406
3s - 822/2466
4s - 54/216
TOTAL: 2553/5562 - 2.17 Average

PRE-SURGERY

RnaSiMY.png

Lt5OkEs.png

GER4x67.png

zFFVMsj.png

Ff7iQf1.png

PLACEMENT

UX0EF6S.png

nbbsJqL.png

7.5 MONTHS

JqU9G9x.png

lHzz8sY.png

IhLYIxI.png

zBDsqxv.png

COMPARISON

XMD2vcZ.png

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Great result! 

I have two questions. This patients frontal tuft looked relatively healthy, although I’m sure there was some miniaturisation going on. Was there any shock loss to his native hair working through it like this? 
Second question - did he use dye his hair darker in the after photos? Pre op he appears to have more salt than pepper. 

thanks!

• Like 1

There was no reported or evidence of shock loss post surgery.
There was some miniaturisation in the area and some general thinning as can be seen in the pre op images, but with shaving down and surgery creating as little “trauma” as possible, shock loss was not an issue.

The patient has used hair dye post surgery.

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Fantastic work as always 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...

12 MONTH UPDATE

A big thank you to the patient for his 12 month photos. He is very happy with the outcome as per his testimony and from my side personally as his advisor, it has been an absolute pleasure to support him on his journey. I couldn't be happier for him.

Quote:-

"I am so pleased with the results! It is without a doubt the best decision I've ever made. Feel free to use the photos as before."

BpQ0KXf.png

7rHqmA5.png

kgvYsZK.png

• Like 1

Excellent and natural. Many want faces totally blocked in order to share and photos can be un-pixelated also now..so I can understand why some want total face covered and not pixelated partly. Thanks for posting and to the patient for sharing this. 

• Administrators
On 1/23/2024 at 7:17 AM, Raphael84 said:

12 MONTH UPDATE

A big thank you to the patient for his 12 month photos. He is very happy with the outcome as per his testimony and from my side personally as his advisor, it has been an absolute pleasure to support him on his journey. I couldn't be happier for him.

Quote:-

"I am so pleased with the results! It is without a doubt the best decision I've ever made. Feel free to use the photos as before."

BpQ0KXf.png

7rHqmA5.png

kgvYsZK.png

10/10 excellent results. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, that is so dense

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Amazing result, recession goes back to the frontal third in areas, finer blond hair also possible needed to pack a bit more closer. Age is favourable and 500 singles used just in the first few mm of hair line and prob a good 1000 grafts in the first cm going back and then addressing into the recession. Some clinics say you need 2x surgery for a hair line outcome but this shows otherwise.  If patient were in 20s or 30s then be more conservative but in 40s is a good age and I have seen some on here with 4 or 5k in the frontal third and young 20s also...

Edited by laverita

Thanks for the further comments.

I would not agree regarding graft numbers and surface area based on this patients´ personal data specifics.

This highlights the lack of understanding of what may be appropriate for one patient, and not another.

It is such a misconception that a "one size fits all approach" in terms of design and graft numbers are appropriate. Whilst 2553 grafts were used in this patient based on the hairline design that was proposed due to the patients age, bone structure, hair quality, characteristics and extent of loss, surface area covered and required density to achieve an optimal illusion of density, another patient may require more or less with a similar situation based on realistic objectives and long term planning.

As said by the previous poster and as explained in previous videos by Dr. Bisanga, the hairline alone can demand around 500 soft single grafts, and the depth of placement in the lateral areas sits behind the frontal third.

The patient is in his 40s with stabilisation behind his somewhat limited frontal loss with good calibre hair and native density. 

Could less grafts have been used? Yes. Would it have achieved the same result? No. Especially not at different lengths where density may well be more "exposed".

The approach for this patient as with all patients was very specific to him and having used around 2500 grafts, the patient now has a great head of hair in his 40s and stabilisation throughout. He is in a great position.

Very few patients allow their images to be shared publicly these days. Years ago any sharing would have meant posting only on hair restoration forums. Nowadays that means social media where reach is greater and patients understandably value their privacy in such a sensitive matter.

This is one of the best cases shared of late and again we express gratitude to the patient.

• Like 1