Dr. Wong 5800 grafts

hairshare

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairshare,

Again, great results... Thanks for sharing your strip info. You must have incredible laxity with a strip that size-ahh, stretching exercises, where fort are thow Jotronic-LOL.

Can you post a pic of the hairline or maybe another hairstyle for us to get a better perspective of your results, because your density looks pretty good compared to where you came from.

Thanks,

Originally posted by hairshare:

Hi all, please check out the pics below of my procedure. These are my 10 month results after receiving 5800 grafts from Dr. Wong from Hasson and Wong. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Holy schmoley. An amazing result.

This may be a daft question: your hair on the crown has a natural "swirl" in it - even in the "after" pictures. How is that achieved? I would have thought that was a result of the hair follicles - and the donor hair would have a different characteristic.

Also, how did you cope just after the HT - did the scar show? Did people notice? How long did it take for the top to look ok? (i.e. the scars to fall out.

Thanks.

Pianoman99

I recall several years ago a patient came in for a consultation who had previous crown work done by another clinic. The grafts were pluggy, low density and sticking straight out of the scalp like a pin cushion. The angle and direction of the grafts were so poor, that any hope of a decent result required removal of the old work.

Whether recreating a new ???swirl??? or following the pattern of the existing ???swirl??? in the crown, certain techniques, skill and an understanding of hair direction, angle and orientation are required.

Dr. Wong gives a little insight as to how the crown was reconstructed in the case of Hairshare in the following video:

Dr. Wong crown reconstruction

Hopefully this helps answer your question.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Thanks Doug, it was a pleasure being there and you guys definitely made me feel welcomed icon_smile.gif

If anyone else is still following this thread, I would like to mention that I received an additional 2400+ grafts to beef up my temple points as well as the top of my head. I will post pictures very soon, stay tuned!

Thanks hdude46. Dr. Wong thinks with the proscar, and my feeling that since there are no nw 6 or 7's in my family, I should be ok. Also, I have about 2500 to 3000 grafts left, give or take but Dr. Wong doesn't think I'll need to come back for a very long time, if ever. My feeling is that if I can hold onto this for at least 10-15 years, I'll be a happy camper.

• 1 month later...