Hasson & Wong - Dr. Wong - FUE - 2,826 Grafts - June 2023

Hi everyone! Been following this site for over a year, so knew I needed to give back by providing my FUE experience with H&W. My FUE surgery was yesterday, June 13. I arrived at 6:15am and was done by 4pm, leaving with 2,826 grafts.

I had a pre-op consult with Dr. Wong the day prior to surgery, and we walked through the ideal hairline and ideal number of grafts (around 2,700). He saw that my right temple was a bit more recessed than the left, so we decided to also add some grafts there. He's not too talkative, but you can tell he's done this SO much -- he knew exactly what my ideal hairline should look like and had a good eye catching my right temple.

Overall the surgery went great -- had all follicles extracted in the AM by his great techs, then Dr. Wong came in and made all necessary incisions, then lunch was provided, then his team came in and filled those incisions with grafts.

• Singles - 200
  • Doubles - 1,188
  • Triples + more - 1,438

I have attached photos here -- one the morning prior to surgery, then the others are the day AFTER surgery.

Let me know what you guys think -- I will provide updates throughout the coming months!

image6.jpeg

image0(1).jpeg

image1(1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

why were the grafts placed in such a cornrow manner? 

So I had my first post-op with Dr. Wong today and asked this question. He gave a similar answer to what I've seen posted here: He told me that the rows placement helps get more density when you have a lot of grafts packed tightly. When grafts are packed close enough together such as my case, you can't tell they're in a line. However he agreed that rows are the wrong approach when you’re going for coverage over density, such as when someone is NW7.

2 hours ago, Bobbito said:

So I had my first post-op with Dr. Wong today and asked this question. He gave a similar answer to what I've seen posted here: He told me that the rows placement helps get more density when you have a lot of grafts packed tightly. When grafts are packed close enough together such as my case, you can't tell they're in a line. However he agreed that rows are the wrong approach when you’re going for coverage over density, such as when someone is NW7.

fwiw He gave me the same response when i asked about my row implementation 

• Administrators

That’s gonna be some serious density. I’ll be following closely, happy growing 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

The work looks exceptional 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely got my math wrong in the pics above — should say 7 weeks!

Here are some updated photos exactly 13 weeks post surgery. I’ve kept my hair short and haven’t seen much growth, but fingers are crossed. 

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

Looking good and on track. Ugly duckling phases suck and I am about to start mine. Glad you're almost through with it. 

Curious to see how the grafts being placed in rows and columns effects the native hair in the norwood 3/middle tuft section.  Do you have any pre op photos of your hairline close up? I want to see the native hair.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 4:02 PM, stephcurry30 said:

Looking good and on track. Ugly duckling phases suck and I am about to start mine. Glad you're almost through with it. 

Curious to see how the grafts being placed in rows and columns effects the native hair in the norwood 3/middle tuft section.  Do you have any pre op photos of your hairline close up? I want to see the native hair.

Attached!

DSCF9105.JPG

DSCF9106.JPG

DSCF9103.JPG

DSCF9107.JPG

DSCF9101.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good as you approach 6 months. I like the hairline design and how H&W left the natural singles of your original hairline at the front. This should be a great result. Showing some good early growth indeed. Keep us posted!