3510 FUE Grafts by Dr Kongkiat Laorwong - 1st June 2023.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:45 AM, Happychap said:

Thanks!  I was deciding between Turkey and Thailand, but then realised my air miles would only get me to Thailand so that made the location decision easy.  I looked at various doctors work and Dr Kongkiat Laorwong came up time and time again with clean work,  good results and good recommendations.  I looked at Dr Path as well but he was more expensive so I chose Dr Laorwong.  It was 70 or 75 Thai Baht per graft, I cant remember which one. I remember Dr Path being about 10-15 baht more expensive.  I'm really happy with my decision and it's been a breeze apart from the pain extracting the hairs during the procedure. I have a sensitive head and that really f'ing hurt!  Short term pain for long term gain though.

Also of note is Dr Laorwong spent time learning his craft under Dr Path if my research serves me correctly so you can’t go wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, JackWantsHair said:

Hello !

Great to see a fellow Kiwi here. I have been researching for a few months and your HT looks nice, clean and dense, gonna be a great result.

I am about to make a booking with Laorwong as well and will be making the flight over NZ-Thailand.  If you don't mind could I ask you a few questions?

- How did you transfer funds to him for the deposit from NZ to Thailand?

- Did he mention how long his wait time was ?

- I see you have done a non-shave option, how did you communicate this with him what did he ask to verify that the no shave can be done?

- What is your workmates reaction to your hair work done?

Sorry for all the silly questions, appreciate it and following for the next exciting update.

Jackwantshair

Hey man - sorry for the late reply.  

I used the wise app to transfer money and it was super simple and secure.  It was a $20k ThaiBaht deposit which was about $1k NZD.

Yeah I dont like having a shaved head, dont think it suits me so went for the non shaved option.  Dr Laorwong actually suggested it once I had emailed him photos of my hair.  It makes the surgery longer, but I have been able to hide a lot of the evidence that I have had a transplant.  Most people dont notice anything is different which is quite nice as im in the ugly duckling phase!

I just owned it with the work mates.  I dropped it into the group chat with my team so they could rib me over whatsapp before seeing me in the office.  To be honest, all I have had is positive comments.  Lots of guys have asked me about the process or have confided that they have done research and want to know some stuff first hand from someone has been through it.  I have given two dudes the surgeries contact details!  Also had quite a few people already know someone who has had it done, I had a number of people who said 'oh yeah my brother / husband etc has had that'.  It really wasnt a big deal for anyone, it is more common than you'd think.  

Good luck with the transplant bro.  Doctor Laorwong is a pro and I havent seen a dud result from him.   He runs a slick surgery with his team

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ake said:

Looks like Dr Laorwong did another fantastic job looks awesome. I’m booked in with him mid October.
Where did you stay? and Would you recommend staying near the clinic or elsewhere? 

I stayed at cascade hotel 10 min walk from his clinic 

10 hours ago, Ake said:

Looks like Dr Laorwong did another fantastic job looks awesome. I’m booked in with him mid October.
Where did you stay? and Would you recommend staying near the clinic or elsewhere? 

I stayed at Aimhouse hotel which was a super easy walk across an over bridge to the clinic.  5mins max. The hotel itself was ok, functional but nothing flash. I booked a suite so I had more space to relax as I didn't think I would go out much after the surgery.  Turns out I was sightseeing everyday with a scarf on my head and didn't spend much time in the room.

There will be nicer places around but I didn't see any point going for somewhere with a pool or gym etc as you can't swim or exercise after the surgery.

2 hours ago, Happychap said:

I stayed at Aimhouse hotel which was a super easy walk across an over bridge to the clinic.  5mins max. The hotel itself was ok, functional but nothing flash. I booked a suite so I had more space to relax as I didn't think I would go out much after the surgery.  Turns out I was sightseeing everyday with a scarf on my head and didn't spend much time in the room.

There will be nicer places around but I didn't see any point going for somewhere with a pool or gym etc as you can't swim or exercise after the surgery.

Ok great thanks for that. Aim House is one of the places I was looking at. I am thinking exactly like you for the room size, not leaving and the pool gym.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 7:12 AM, Happychap said:

Haha, was it not super hot with the scarf on your head in Thailands heat?

20 minutes ago, mark91 said:

Haha, was it not super hot with the scarf on your head in Thailands heat?

I'd been in Thailand for a couple of weeks before surgery so I'd sort of got used to the heat.  The scarf is quite light, like a bandana, and you have to spritz your hair with lotion once an hour to keep the grafts moist.  That was a pain but is cooling.   But yeah - she's definetly a hot country and having a scarf on your head doesn't help!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give a bit of an update as I am past the 4 month mark (woop woop!)

My hair seems to recently entered a new phase of growth which has been most noticeable from 1st October which was my 4 month surgery anniversary.  The hair is thin, wispy and wirey (my normal hair is thin, never had thick or wirey hair) but will hopefully thicken up over the coming months.  It also seems to have a lot more greys than my normal hair, seems odd that the new hair growing back has distinct greys when the back of my head does not.  Anyone else experience this and did it change over time?  

20231011_120106.thumb.png.686cca70d796be8001583c114d81a295.png

20231011_120038.thumb.jpg.c1690a5558f833d421d8ac13b41f1571.jpg20231011_120151.thumb.jpg.d15406b1bd11b1b4f0760e580f39bb12.jpg

Below is how my hair looked One month prior to the pics above at the 3 months 10 days mark ( I seem to have a habit of taking a selfie on the bus on the way home from the barbers!)

20231011_120231.thumb.jpg.0127aaf5737274cd5c56188a38ed6a4d.jpg 

I also went and looked back at my Thailand holiday photos prior to surgery.  The following pics were taken in the week prior to surgery and I'm feeling a little bit excited as I can see the difference starting to emerge!  Quite hard to track progress when you look at yourself everyday in the mirror, looking forward to catching up with friends at Christmas who havent seen me for a few months.  Hopefully some positive comments from them.

20231011_120748.thumb.jpg.a3b78f6643f30debacfd45c0a406e1c3.jpg20231011_120654.thumb.jpg.bc46cc87c34169688b166ead00a81b6d.jpg20231011_120926.thumb.jpg.d50811f77d1ecaa6c89798c7eadac58b.jpg

Feedback always welcome - let me know what you think!

Edited by Happychap
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Happychap

Your progress is impressive, my friend. Comparing your current state to where you were three months post-op shows a significant improvement. In the upcoming months, you can expect even more growth and increased density. Those fine hairs will continue to mature and become thicker. Get ready to get thrilled brother.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Happychap

Your progress is impressive, my friend. Comparing your current state to where you were three months post-op shows a significant improvement. In the upcoming months, you can expect even more growth and increased density. Those fine hairs will continue to mature and become thicker. Get ready to get thrilled brother.

Cheers for the encouragement bro.  Really appreciate it.  Enjoy following your journey too

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Happychap said:

Cheers for the encouragement bro.  Really appreciate it.  Enjoy following your journey too

Thanks brother...we are sailing in a same ship ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 minute ago, Coffee_bean said:

Looking great, man. Was already probably covered - but are you taking fin/min? Congrats and good luck to the future! 

Hey dude - Yeah I'm on 1mg Fin a day.  Although my doctor told me it was a lot cheaper to get prescribed the 5mg and chop it up so I am doing that.  Safe to say they are not always the same size!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, saulgoodbruv said:

How's it looking after 5 months?

Here's an update as of today.  Just woke up, haven't showered so this is probably it at its worst 😂 Still wispy greys in there and I'd love more density to kick in over the next couple of months.  I shall keep waiting patiently 🙂

20231112_094546.jpg

20231112_094620.jpg

20231112_094651.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Coffee_bean said:
1 hour ago, Happychap said:

Did you and Dr Laorwong discuss what kind of density you may expect? Also, if not already, fin and min could thicken it up :)

Thanks man - yeah currently on daily fin. I don't remember any specific density chat with Dr Laorwong, I was a bit nervous and should have written down some questions.  Still only 5 and a bit months so I'm hoping Santa brings me some density at Christmas 😂. If not I will flick the doc a note to see what he suggests.  I'm happy with the results this far, made a noticble difference and definetly boosted my confidence!

• Like 4