Dr. Wong FUT 5000 graft

Just now, mrmajified said:

Oh, so if I want to lower the hairline, the temples are already in a good position. 

Yes, but I think your hairline suits you very well!

• Thanks 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

On 8/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, hockeyman said:

This is coming along nicely. Personally, when I look at your head-on pictures I think your hairline is in a good spot. Not too high. That tweak to your temples was a good decision. Apologies if u mentioned this already, but I was wondering how many grafts went placed in the crown?

Here is the breakdown. 
S = single

D = double

B= big (3-4 hairs)

Not sure what AR and RP mean.

image.thumb.png.ea1459d7817567246d5e36bdd137448c.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, hongkongfue said:

Your scar will be great. Here’s mine from Dr. Wong 18 years later and it was done without Trichophytic closure. No railroading. 

IMG_1254.jpeg

U ever consider smp. It would do wonders for that minimal scarring. 

@Spidey no I haven't. I hadn't even heard of it until I came back for this second surgery since I hadn't really kept up with anything after getting my first one.  Guess will need to do some more digging.  Dr. Wong did put some graphs on each side to break it up a little on this second pass, but that is all I have ever done to address it since I typically don't wear my hair short.  Thanks for the tip. 

• Well Done 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Wow. I read the last page first and saw your pics and did not realize this was FUT until I went to page 1 to see the Before pics. You are cutting the sides and back pretty short and I didn't see any scar at all. Very nice.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This is a slam dunk already. You could technically be one and done it's you can live with some minor loss in the future since this procedure yielded a lot of grafts. If anything just a minor fue procedure down the road but imo I think you're set. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

This is a slam dunk already. You could technically be one and done it's you can live with some minor loss in the future since this procedure yielded a lot of grafts. If anything just a minor fue procedure down the road but imo I think you're set. 

Thanks man. I hope the rest of my hair holds up for 10ish years and I won't need to revisit surgery until at least then!

• 4 weeks later...

This work shows how much temporal peaks matter!
Your face looks "smaller" (in a good way) and you have a better frame to your eyes.

I love rounded HL, If I was you, I asked for a "flatter" frontal hairline. But it is just a matter of taste

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 8:02 PM, duchaine said:

This work shows how much temporal peaks matter!
Your face looks "smaller" (in a good way) and you have a better frame to your eyes.

I love rounded HL, If I was you, I asked for a "flatter" frontal hairline. But it is just a matter of taste

I will see how the end result looks, then decide if I want to fill in the front a bit. I think it looks like a natural NW2 now, which while isn't perfect, is far better than where I was at. If I can keep most of my native hair going forward, I believe I'll age gracefully with what I've got.

Unreal result. You look fantastic. That was a good decision to opt for fut as your donor area looks untouched and will provide a lot more grafts should you ever need them. Did Dr. Wong ever mention your total donor capacity? Are you on finasteride?

20 hours ago, mrmajified said:

I will see how the end result looks, then decide if I want to fill in the front a bit. I think it looks like a natural NW2 now, which while isn't perfect, is far better than where I was at. If I can keep most of my native hair going forward, I believe I'll age gracefully with what I've got.

hairline is NW2/3
Temporal peak are NW -3 lol

18 hours ago, hockeyman said:

Unreal result. You look fantastic. That was a good decision to opt for fut as your donor area looks untouched and will provide a lot more grafts should you ever need them. Did Dr. Wong ever mention your total donor capacity? Are you on finasteride?

Thanks! 

He did not mention my donor capacity, but I do expect I've got a lot remaining.

I am on topical finasteride 0.25% with minoxidil 5%, taken at 1mg per day.