Dr. Wong FUT 5000 graft

10 minutes ago, mrmajified said:

I went back to Dr.Wong after 23 days to make slight adjustments to the temple area at no charge to me

can you clarify how this happened? I image for the vast majority of doctors, even if a mistake or an area that could be made better is noted, most patients would still have to wait months and months to get a touchup

Its really cool that you could go back in there after a mere 3 weeks. How far in advance was this minor 2nd touchup planned for? Are you local to the Vancouver area?

36 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

can you clarify how this happened? I image for the vast majority of doctors, even if a mistake or an area that could be made better is noted, most patients would still have to wait months and months to get a touchup

Its really cool that you could go back in there after a mere 3 weeks. How far in advance was this minor 2nd touchup planned for? Are you local to the Vancouver area?

This was planned one week in advance; there was a cancellation that I took advantage of.  I am in the Calgary area, so there are a lot of flights between the cities.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baldfighter said:

What was the goal of the touch up? Did you complain with him about the temples?

I did mention I was happy with everything except that part to him, as noted earlier in this post. Glad he accepted and put my mind at ease!

On 6/18/2023 at 2:01 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Good so at last you rectified it ...that was your main concern and i hope you are fine now?

I am happy with it now for sure. Will continue posting photos on here every month or so!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, Stewie said:

temples are a lot better as when looking at your images from start up till now the only thing that did not look right was your temples, glad he has touched them up as they look loads more natural now :) 

Definitely, thank you! I regret not making a bigger deal out of it when I was there the first time. Going for a second surgery (while worth it) is not recommended from me.

I like what I see! In hindsight, the temple touch up was a nice idea, I agree. Looking good, I must say!

Exciting to follow your case! I'm just 2 days post-op from Hasson myself

• Thanks 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

13 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

Why does the hairline look squiggly?

Macro irregularities for a more natural look once it grows in. Singles hairs, so it won't look as defined when it all grows out. It looks much more defined now because the skin is red and the grafts are fresh in the skin.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chrisno said:

I like what I see! In hindsight, the temple touch up was a nice idea, I agree. Looking good, I must say!

Exciting to follow your case! I'm just 2 days post-op from Hasson myself

Curious to see what yours will look like. Are you planning to start your own topic?

20 hours ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Looks like this will be great. Also you must heal insanely well because for that short of time your scar is very very small!

I've never really thought about it, but I guess I do heal pretty well compared to most!

20 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@mrmajified your FUT scar is healing very well already. 👌

Seems to be the consensus so far!
By the way, appreciate all the help you provide to everyone on these forums. Thanks for being so active and helpful!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 3:12 PM, mrmajified said:

This was planned one week in advance; there was a cancellation that I took advantage of.  I am in the Calgary area, so there are a lot of flights between the cities.

Hey! I’m in Calgary and looking to book with H&W. They seem to push FUE and I’ve heard the techs do most of the surgery, but your experience is diametrically opposed to these comments I’ve read. Wondering how you found the experience and how the recovery is going? I want to book for December to use vacation and Christmas to heal without interrupting work too much. Did you have to suggest FUT or did they recommend it? Either way, glad it is working out for you and the preliminary results look solid! 

On 6/30/2023 at 10:38 PM, PDeep10 said:

Hey! I’m in Calgary and looking to book with H&W. They seem to push FUE and I’ve heard the techs do most of the surgery, but your experience is diametrically opposed to these comments I’ve read. Wondering how you found the experience and how the recovery is going? I want to book for December to use vacation and Christmas to heal without interrupting work too much. Did you have to suggest FUT or did they recommend it? Either way, glad it is working out for you and the preliminary results look solid! 

Hey. FUE was never even in the discussion for mine. I also met another guy at the clinic who had FUT, but most did FUE. I'm guessing they have certain criteria for who they recommend what to. Honestly, ask them whatever questions come into your head before, during, or after.

My first surgery was FUT and I noticed Dr.Wong was in the room for more time than the FUE that followed; probably because the extraction of a large piece of skin requires a doctor to be present. I personally don't understand all the hate for techs doing most the work. The younger techs generally have steadier hands, and with some guidance know exactly what they need to do. Keeps the doctor fresh too.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mrmajified said:

Hey. FUE was never even in the discussion for mine. I also met another guy at the clinic who had FUT, but most did FUE. I'm guessing they have certain criteria for who they recommend what to. Honestly, ask them whatever questions come into your head before, during, or after.

My first surgery was FUT and I noticed Dr.Wong was in the room for more time than the FUE that followed; probably because the extraction of a large piece of skin requires a doctor to be present. I personally don't understand all the hate for techs doing most the work. The younger techs generally have steadier hands, and with some guidance know exactly what they need to do. Keeps the doctor fresh too.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll be booking on Tuesday and your comments/pictures/replies have been immensely helpful.

Cheers and do continue to post update pictures as the results look fantastic thus far! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PDeep10 said:

Thanks for the reply! I’ll be booking on Tuesday and your comments/pictures/replies have been immensely helpful.

Cheers and do continue to post update pictures as the results look fantastic thus far! 

I will definitely keep posting updates!
Hope you can get in soon. Looking forward to your post when it happens!

On 6/30/2023 at 9:41 PM, mrmajified said:

Curious to see what yours will look like. Are you planning to start your own topic?

I'm debating it with myself - but I very much value my anonymity. Considering doing a detailed write-up of the day of op, so people can get a thorough understanding of how it goes down at H&W.

Wanted to ask you a quick question: did your grafts grow in the days after your procedure before shedding started? I'm 6 days post op now, minimal scabbing, but the hair in the grafts have not 'grown' in length if you know what I mean. I've noticed in other cases posted here they seem to grow a bit before they shed, but mine are just sitting there.

Edited by Chrisno

8 hours ago, Chrisno said:

I'm debating it with myself - but I very much value my anonymity. Considering doing a detailed write-up of the day of op, so people can get a thorough understanding of how it goes down at H&W.

Wanted to ask you a quick question: did your grafts grow in the days after your procedure before shedding started? I'm 6 days post op now, minimal scabbing, but the hair in the grafts have not 'grown' in length if you know what I mean. I've noticed in other cases posted here they seem to grow a bit before they shed, but mine are just sitting there.

Some grew, while some did not. I don't know enough about it to tell you what's normal. I suggest asking the doctor what his thoughts are!

• Thanks 1