Dr. Wong FUT 5000 graft

Did Dr.Wong mention anything about the "railroad track" scarring around the FUT line? I have seen some patients have this, and others not, not sure if it is due to techniques on how the FUT extraction is closed or moreso individual patient physiology. 

Of course you could just grow your donor out longer and cover it up and no one would see.

Edited by asterix0

On 6/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, mrmajified said:

Took some more photos for the doc, so figure I might as well upload them here as well. 34 days post FUT operation. 11 days post FUE touchup. 

20230626_124958.jpg

20230626_125001.jpg

20230626_125004.jpg

20230626_125014.jpg

20230626_125342.jpg

This post shows the way it'll look from a more normal, everyday angle (as opposed to immediately over your head where the hairline is bound to look almost artificially high.  I like the design and think this will end well.  Good luck.  

6 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Did Dr.Wong mention anything about the "railroad track" scarring around the FUT line? I have seen some patients have this, and others not, not sure if it is due to techniques on how the FUT extraction is closed or moreso individual patient physiology. 

Of course you could just grow your donor out longer and cover it up and no one would see.

It hasn't been brought up with the doctor, though I have thought about it myself. From what I've read on other posts, it'll likely go away or get a lot smaller on it's own. Not much I can do about it right now, so I'll just wait and see.

6 hours ago, mrmajified said:

It hasn't been brought up with the doctor, though I have thought about it myself. From what I've read on other posts, it'll likely go away or get a lot smaller on it's own. Not much I can do about it right now, so I'll just wait and see.

...and completely normal! They form due to the staples penetrating the skin, would be the same if the used filament as well. It will soon heal and fade and disappear. Trichophytic closure will make it so that hairs grow through those marks.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 9:47 PM, hongkongfue said:

Your scar will be great. Here’s mine from Dr. Wong 18 years later and it was done without Trichophytic closure. No railroading. 

IMG_1254.jpeg

Looks good! We have pretty similar skin and hair color, so I've got high hopes.

2 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

Is that amount of grafts from a single FUT strip considered normal? I'm curious as I just got one done last week but only got around 2500 grafts.

Definitely not the norm, though it seems Dr. Wong is considered a highly regarded surgeon who had the skill to pull off such a large surgery. I'd say 2500 grafts is much closer to the norm.

It's 2 days away from being 2 months since I had my first surgery. I took a few before/after haircut photos. The ugly duckling phase is definitely in full flight and I'd rather have the FUT scar show than what I had going.

Itchiness has mostly subsided, but was there from 3 weeks to 8 weeks in.
Pimples are a lot more common than they were before.

Redness still obvious.

Here's hoping the next couple of months show improvement.

July 21, 2023 - Before haircut #1.jpg

July 21, 2023 - Before haircut #2.jpg

July 21, 2023 - Before haircut #3.jpg

July 21, 2023 - Before haircut #4.jpg

July 21, 2023 - After haircut #1.jpg

July 21, 2023 - After haircut #2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

3 month update! 

Lots of redness/pimples on the temple area, with some residual redness/itchiness throughout the recipient area.

I have noticed a fair amount of early growth, though most of the new hairs are wispy as expected.

The FUT scar is fading slowly.

I am looking forward to the next few months, where I expect everything to really fill in!

What does everyone think?

August 23, 2023 - 3.jpg

August 23, 2023 - 4.jpg

August 23, 2023 - 5.jpg

August 23, 2023 -1.jpg

August 23, 2023 -2.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Emiry said:

Very very conservative hairline. I guess density is more important to you than lower hairline.

It should be very dense.

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with the hairline to start with. I have seen a lot of posts in this forum since then, really pushing the conservative approach. I'm hoping it will be a big improvement from where I was and continue to look natural as I age.

• Like 1

@mrmajified I think you are looking good.  With all of the real estate you and I needed to cover with our surgeries, high density and low hairlines were never going to be an option! And it seems like sometimes anything short of that is not considered a success! I know my second surgery is not going to be a mind blowing result, because I wanted coverage and not density, with our light hair and skin and needs, I just know I personally feel like I look better with thinner overall hair then if I went in with load up the front and let the rest be totally bald.  I think like you said it will continue to look natural as you age. And for me I have had a high hairline for ever it seems like now so it would have looked funny if the temples were all the sudden filled in.  Keep up the good growing!

This is coming along nicely. Personally, when I look at your head-on pictures I think your hairline is in a good spot. Not too high. That tweak to your temples was a good decision. Apologies if u mentioned this already, but I was wondering how many grafts went placed in the crown?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hockeyman said:

This is coming along nicely. Personally, when I look at your head-on pictures I think your hairline is in a good spot. Not too high. That tweak to your temples was a good decision. Apologies if u mentioned this already, but I was wondering how many grafts went placed in the crown?

I wish I could say how many grafts were put into the crown; I'd have to ask. I will send an email to the doctor to find out if that was even recorded.

Having your temple points fully reconstructed in that manner will augment the size of your forehead by bringing it in at the sides. This is always the hardest part of a hair transplant to execute. Thus, if you are striving for perfection, you are in a really strong position for a second FUE procedure on the rest of the hairline to achieve such. 

Just my 2 cents. 

On 8/26/2023 at 2:42 PM, hongkongfue said:

@mrmajified I think you are looking good.  With all of the real estate you and I needed to cover with our surgeries, high density and low hairlines were never going to be an option! And it seems like sometimes anything short of that is not considered a success! I know my second surgery is not going to be a mind blowing result, because I wanted coverage and not density, with our light hair and skin and needs, I just know I personally feel like I look better with thinner overall hair then if I went in with load up the front and let the rest be totally bald.  I think like you said it will continue to look natural as you age. And for me I have had a high hairline for ever it seems like now so it would have looked funny if the temples were all the sudden filled in.  Keep up the good growing!

You made it almost 2 decades before needing another surgery; that's a win in itself! 
My hairline has also been high for as long as I can remember. Honestly, not much has changed since I was mid 20s in that regard, so lowering it might have been a bad idea. At least starting with FUT, if I do want to lower it I should have quite a few useful grafts remaining in the bank.

On 8/27/2023 at 1:57 AM, TemplesOfPeace said:

Having your temple points fully reconstructed in that manner will augment the size of your forehead by bringing it in at the sides. This is always the hardest part of a hair transplant to execute. Thus, if you are striving for perfection, you are in a really strong position for a second FUE procedure on the rest of the hairline to achieve such. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Sorry, are you saying having my temples done will make my forehead look larger?

47 minutes ago, mrmajified said:

Sorry, are you saying having my temples done will make my forehead look larger?

He's saying it will make your face look smaller, and frame your face better. And I agree :)

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023