Top Dense Packing Doctors?

@HairEnthusiast101

You’re going get some varying opinions on this, but at the end of the day, it’s important to do your own research and select a doctor based on their Pruitt ability to produce a senate results. While Dr. Rahal performs dense packing all the time on patients as appropriate, dense packing isn’t for every patient.  So, that being said, I think the better question would be who is the best doctor for you based on your particular situation?

That being said, if you have an already, I suggest presenting some information about yourself, including your age, hair, loss, pattern, whether or not you’re using any hair loss medication, whether or not you’ve undergone previous hair, transplant surgery, family, history of hair, loss, etc. along with some pictures, showing all angles of your head so members can provide you with a more detailed opinion of what they think about your case, etc.  

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

There are a lot of doctors that can dense-pack. Dr. Hasson is a great name. Dr. Konior, you might also want to look at our list of recommendations and research the names on this forum.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr Konior doesn’t really dense pack. He’s conservative and likes to avoid shock loss. Although I’ve seen a result of his where he  packed a patient on a second pass up to native density so it varies 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hair4Days said:

Dr Konior doesn’t really dense pack. He’s conservative and likes to avoid shock loss. Although I’ve seen a result of his where he  packed a patient on a second pass up to native density so it varies 

Have a link to that native density result?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Who is the doctor in Brazil that does dense packing? One of the best dense packing results I've seen. Pittella?

Mine was between 76 and 81 grafts/cm2, with a very good yield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

3 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Mine was between 76 and 81 grafts/cm2, with a very good yield.

Yes! You're the case I was thinking of. Dr Leal. If I were to go to Brazil, this is where I would go. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is the definition of 'dense packing'? (in terms of density in cm2)

Native hair density is usually between 80cm2 to 100cm2, but hair transplants are generally half this amount.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it wasn't best practice to go beyond 50cm2 density, as anything above this threshold affects growth yield and can also lead to necrosis of the skin (if you attempt to pack too many grafts so close to each other).

2 hours ago, Bucky O Hair said:

What is the definition of 'dense packing'? (in terms of density in cm2)

Native hair density is usually between 80cm2 to 100cm2, but hair transplants are generally half this amount.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it wasn't best practice to go beyond 50cm2 density, as anything above this threshold affects growth yield and can also lead to necrosis of the skin (if you attempt to pack too many grafts so close to each other).

In my mind, 50-55+ is dense packing territory.

• Like 2

Check out my journey here:

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2023 at 10:33 PM, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Yes that’s what I’m thinking probably that 55-70 range. Anything above that is pretty rare in terms of happening often

I'm under the impression it happens frequently, but it depends on donor availability, and hair and skin characteristics. Hasson did my transplant 12 days ago, and it was 80-85 units per cm2.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

2 hours ago, RTC said:

If it's the one I'm thinking about, he gave the patient a hairline of close 100 FU per cm2. Very unnatural and the patient was unhappy for obvious reasons.

100 grafts per cm2 is just asking for trouble. Does anyone have a link to this case?