Asmed Dr Koray Erdogan 10 year update

Hi everyone. I hope all is well and I have been away from the forum for years.

It has been 10 years since my first transplant (2013, 2402 grafts) 7 from my second (2016 2400 grafts) and 3 from my third (2020 1126 grafts,).

I have also been on finasteride since 2013 which I started just after my first transplant. 

Life has been good, I have a beautiful little boy who is just under 2 and a half years old. He is healthy and well despite taking fin. 

Hair wise; nothing much has changed apart my hair is turning grey from the sides. Am thinking of one final transplant to the hair line possibly with another doctor . Crown area from the right side is thin but I wouldn't do surgery in this area. I have been debating to start minoxidil either the foam or oral. Oral be better but I do not want hypertrichosis. If I do start it be the lowest dose of 1.25mg.

IMG_3561.jpeg

IMG_3562.jpeg

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_3554.jpeg

IMG_3553.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

• Wow 1

Hello

looking good and thanks for posting 

Id wait a few more years before getting another , not required at present (clearly)

im also going grey on the sides at the tender age of 35. The texture of gray hairs also are different . Static almost and stick out !

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Hair looks perfect bro, don’t do anything. Congratulations on the baby boy, mine is 6 months old 🙌🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hair looks perfect bro, don’t do anything. Congratulations on the baby boy, mine is 6 months old 🙌🏼

Thank Melvin brother! Congrats on your little one. Min either oral or topical can't hurt I daresay

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Looks really good, can you comb the hair backwards so that we can see the hairline?

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3582.jpeg

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Why use up precious grafts and add more scars to your scalp? Your hair looks great with full, dense looking coverage. If you’re on a 5ari then oral minoxidil will most likely make your hair thicker and keep it in the anagen phase longer. But with hair as good as yours starting minoxidil means another drug that requires staying on for life? Solid work btw. 👌💯

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 8:00 PM, Yaz89 said:

He is healthy and well despite taking fin. 

Kudos for having your kid start medication early in his life, surely he will stay as a NW0!

Looking good man :) i will repeat what others said - don´t think another HT makes sense at this point. Save the grafts for the future just in case.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2023 at 1:34 PM, Kraistoff said:

Hello

looking good and thanks for posting 

Id wait a few more years before getting another , not required at present (clearly)

im also going grey on the sides at the tender age of 35. The texture of gray hairs also are different . Static almost and stick out !

Most men are already graying and balding at 35 you would be surprised to know how many guys in their 30s are dying their hair 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 2:19 PM, Gatsby said:

Why use up precious grafts and add more scars to your scalp? Your hair looks great with full, dense looking coverage. If you’re on a 5ari then oral minoxidil will most likely make your hair thicker and keep it in the anagen phase longer. But with hair as good as yours starting minoxidil means another drug that requires staying on for life? Solid work btw. 👌💯

Thanks Gatsby. I been on fin 10 years and I am sure it has helped. I have friends who have gone bald and I still look good for my age.

Regarding oral min…just afraid of the shed to begin with, also hypertrichosis as body hair is already dark and thick. 

On 5/8/2023 at 10:03 PM, jakos said:

Kudos for having your kid start medication early in his life, surely he will stay as a NW0!

Looking good man :) i will repeat what others said - don´t think another HT makes sense at this point. Save the grafts for the future just in case.

I took a break for like 6 months to ensure nothing effects the child. Rather be safe than sorry. Children’s health is much more important