Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong - 1,837 grafts - FUE and BHT repair surgery

Currently it's looking good especially dry hair. 

34 minutes ago, Spring15 said:

Left is looking perfect, a little area of the right obviously lack of density. Do you think you would go back to fill that in with 200 grafts or so?

I hope the right side improve given that OP has six more months left. 

Density will surely increase.. 

Edited by Rawkerboi
  • Like 1

I'll be honest - this looks amazing! It's just me and my opinion, but the less dense area looks like it's supposed to be there and makes your hairline look more natural. If it were me, I'd roll with it, whether it ends up filling in or not. But I'm just a guy haha and understand you probably have different expectations. 

On 8/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, A_4_Archan said:

@AlexMeister21you getting better brother...right side is almost perfect and left side is bit lacking bt i you have many more months in the bank for that and it will catch up with the right soon...why don't you use topical Minoxidil after you quit oral?

I used topical minoxidil for about 1.5 years but never saw an improvement in my crown. Used oral for about 5 months before stopping and only noticed like stray hairs on my back get thicker. Still have about 120 tablets left from when I bought them from Laorwong. Want to have them? 😄

On 8/2/2023 at 4:35 AM, Spring15 said:

Left is looking perfect, a little area of the right obviously lack of density. Do you think you would go back to fill that in with 200 grafts or so?

If I didn't have my first transplants with Dr. D****, I would definitely go back for a touch-up with Laorwong if needed. Unfortunately, I don't know if I have the grafts to spare. I'd like to get my crown filled one day and I'm not sure how the hair loss is going to progress there in the future. Also not sure if my transplanted hair will thin out over time.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 5:39 PM, Coffee_bean said:

I'll be honest - this looks amazing! It's just me and my opinion, but the less dense area looks like it's supposed to be there and makes your hairline look more natural. If it were me, I'd roll with it, whether it ends up filling in or not. But I'm just a guy haha and understand you probably have different expectations. 

I think the thinness on my right side looks better in photos, but when I look at it in the mirror, it looks "artificial" to me. I guess since my previous doctor D in Los Gatos planted it all in rows, it looks pretty see-through in harsh lighting. I'm able to cover it up pretty well though by just taking a few seconds to brush my hair over that area. Would be nice to not worry about it though, so hoping growth will be better there in the coming months.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, RTC said:

Looking good bro! Hopefully that patchy area will thicken up and won't be so noticeable in a couple of months.

How do you deem the BHT into scar to have grown?

I think the beard hairs have grown properly, but the scar is still noticeable, as expected since not enough grafts were used for the wideness of the scar. The texture of the beard hair feels more frizzy and curly, so it's pretty easy for me to pinpoint where my scar is now based on feel. Would like to get my scar repaired further, but not sure if I have the grafts to spare for it.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I used topical minoxidil for about 1.5 years but never saw an improvement in my crown. Used oral for about 5 months before stopping and only noticed like stray hairs on my back get thicker. Still have about 120 tablets left from when I bought them from Laorwong. Want to have them? 😄

Haha yeah sure..will DM you my address 😜

Actually i have few hundreds around me as i own a pharmacy 😅

You still have few months left for the growth ...there are baby hairs over there or not? 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 8/4/2023 at 1:06 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Haha yeah sure..will DM you my address 😜

Actually i have few hundreds around me as i own a pharmacy 😅

You still have few months left for the growth ...there are baby hairs over there or not? 

Not sure if I see baby hairs. I see some areas where it looks like incisions were made, but I don't see sprouting yet. I wish I could shave my hair so I could get a better look at the growth, but I don't want my FUT scar to be visible for two months.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Not sure if I see baby hairs. I see some areas where it looks like incisions were made, but I don't see sprouting yet. I wish I could shave my hair so I could get a better look at the growth, but I don't want my FUT scar to be visible for two months.

Oh okay so you have to wait for them to sprout and i wish they does....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, AlexMeister21 said:

My surgeron did not want to implant much into my FUT scar because she said survival would be poor due to lack of blood flow and didn’t want to waste grafts. Instead she planted very few into the actual scar and mostly just above. What has been your experience with growth/survival? I would like some more in areas where the gaps are larger but also the blood flow is poorer. I’ve seen some that say the more you implant the better the flow becomes but don’t want to waste grafts for nothing.

Thanks.

Edited by AGL77

On 10/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, AGL77 said:

My surgeron don’t want to implant much into my FUT scar because she said survival would be poor due to lack of blood flow and didn’t want to waste grafts. Instead she planted very few into the actual scar and mostly just above. What has been your experience with growth/survival? I would like some more in areas where the gaps are larger but also the blood flow is poorer. I’ve seen some that say the more you implant the better the flow becomes but don’t want to waste grafts for nothing.

Thanks.

I think survival was pretty good in my scar area and it seems like I had an expected level of growth there. Not as many grafts were implanted so there's still room for improvement.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:55 AM, AlexMeister21 said:

If I didn't have my first transplants with Dr. D****, I would definitely go back for a touch-up with Laorwong if needed. Unfortunately, I don't know if I have the grafts to spare. I'd like to get my crown filled one day and I'm not sure how the hair loss is going to progress there in the future. Also not sure if my transplanted hair will thin out over time.

There's no need mate, it will grow in during the next couple of months, already looks amazing.. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm a little over 9 months now and things look good. I still wear hats most of the time to cover up my crown area, but I don't worry much about my hairline anymore. Here are some recent photos. Also, I most likely won't be providing any further updates other than a final assessment at the 12-month mark.

Harsher Lighting

Front:

IMG_7998.thumb.jpg.9d435cf5fca4c4c93733fb15fef3e651.jpg

Left:

IMG_7999.thumb.jpg.3170ea0482f8bcc689d1cb2630d373b2.jpg

Right:

IMG_8002.thumb.jpg.273028fdd1f63191567d3df15f484b07.jpg

Scar:

IMG_7997.thumb.jpg.07ecba253e240553bd1914dd7103b62c.jpg

Softer Lighting

Front:

IMG_8012.thumb.jpg.6f64f904c261efe7a19b49d319e893e8.jpg

Left:

IMG_8013.thumb.jpg.de8fc7c6b2729fd5f8d436b4859ebcc8.jpg

Right:

IMG_8011.thumb.jpg.43d43a384f7a972ecb594fa9443d0d4a.jpg

Outdoor

Front:

IMG_7498.thumb.jpg.8d77d7097a4c873ffac4004488a4ed9e.jpg

Left:

IMG_7501.thumb.jpg.290f348b7b79b8fb58e0e1efba645917.jpg

Right:

IMG_7496.thumb.jpg.f3eaa39b72555131f53efac01377cab9.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@AlexMeister21 you’ve got the hair of Elvis now. Look back at where you began! 👌

Ah, thank you, thank you very much 😏

I came across a GoPro video of me right around when COVID started and I had a nasty combover going on. Really a big difference now.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, FUT4000 said:

Looks great! Dr. L really took care of you. 

Thanks. Yeah, I'm happy with the result. I actually got to see Dr. Laorwong yesterday to discuss a future surgery for my crown. He took some photos and measured the area of my crown that would be operated on. It's like the size of a baseball now.

He quoted 1,300 grafts for my crown and said I have about 2,500 - 3,000 in my donor. I also asked him how many grafts it would take to cover my midscalp if that completely goes in the future and he said about 2,500. Definitely want to get my crown done, but not sure how well I'd be able to prepare for future hair loss, especially if I'm continuing to lose ground while on medication.