Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong - 1,837 grafts - FUE and BHT repair surgery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three months in. My hair length is pretty much where it was before I shaved my head and had my procedure with Laorwong. I see some grafts have sprouted in the frontal region, but it's hard to tell if many have sprouted yet while my hair is long. It's still early at 3 months and I'm hoping/expecting I should have a pretty good idea of graft survival by about 5 months. My donor area looks like it has healed completely. I initially had some slight concerns about patchiness near my scar area, but that has filled in. In regards to my FUT scar, I'm surprised that I see beard hairs have already grown.  At some angles, it's difficult for me to find my scar, which is a good sign. 

image.thumb.png.d004c34dd1b0f49b0f231f31f1ce524b.png

image.thumb.png.9a5d5d08d27140419b672d81704aa636.png

image.thumb.png.adf8e5c593726647a6142a4827c13c36.png

image.thumb.png.410244994d575bcddacbe894d4a96ca5.png

• Like 5

Hey brother, I'm in a very similar situation and also am going to see Dr Laorwong in October. Your write up has me feeling optimistic about my repair as well. Keep us updated on your progress! Talk soon!

16 hours ago, JustOne said:

Hey brother, I'm in a very similar situation and also am going to see Dr Laorwong in October. Your write up has me feeling optimistic about my repair as well. Keep us updated on your progress! Talk soon!

Thanks, good luck with your surgery. Since my last post, I've noticed some more grafts have sprouted, very thin for now. Will be updating every month. 

• 4 weeks later...

Four months now. Some slight improvements, but still hoping for better. I know it's still early at four months, but I do feel a little worried. For my last two surgeries, most of my grafts sprouted at around 3 months with the last ones coming out around 5 months. Right now, I've noticed some grafts have sprouted, but there are still quite a few gaps that I'm hoping get filled in. The beard grafts in my FUT scar have been doing pretty well. My scar from Dr. Diep is still quite visible if my hair is cut with a 7 guard or below, so I'm planning on sticking with an 8 guard from now on. 

Front:

image.thumb.png.1ff2bc2494a4117f7b6d81e758649ba2.png

Left:

image.thumb.png.7c1cbba5f216a4e127ccc4b561ed96e0.png

Right:

image.thumb.png.c807b24c3457ab389be969f58fcc5fd4.png

Scar: 

image.thumb.png.8f0a0a076a359b20b58249be8e2379ad.png

image.thumb.png.bca998da683430e6172ed89dab597870.png

Edited by AlexMeister21

11 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Now we wait 

Who/how shapes the back of your head & trims your neck hair? That's beautiful 

Yeah, I know it looks messy. I usually shave down my neck hair everyday with shaving cream and a razor but sometimes I just go quick and careless with it so it ends up uneven. Eh, I got bigger issues with my hairline so I don't really care about what's back there lol.

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You are a fast grower mate. You’re out of the ugly duck and from four months onwards now the fun will begin. 👍

Thanks Gatsby. Looking forward to see how things progress the next couple months.

9 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Yeah, I know it looks messy. I usually shave down my neck hair everyday with shaving cream and a razor but sometimes I just go quick and careless with it so it ends up uneven. Eh, I got bigger issues with my hairline so I don't really care about what's back there lol.

Thanks Gatsby. Looking forward to see how things progress the next couple months.

It's really good actually, mine is really messy and I find it hard to make it even like yours. I don't go to the barber anymore so need to do it myself lol

• Like 1

Ohhhh that’s awful what Diep did, he was once my first option. We do have a similar scar issue, it really sucks, and the hair angle at my right temple is incorrect exactly like yours, I can’t comb my hair down. My scar line still feel itchy, is that normal to you? 

On 6/6/2023 at 9:28 PM, Burns said:

Ohhhh that’s awful what Diep did, he was once my first option. We do have a similar scar issue, it really sucks, and the hair angle at my right temple is incorrect exactly like yours, I can’t comb my hair down. My scar line still feel itchy, is that normal to you? 

No, I don't recall having itchiness in my scar. Have you always had that? Only felt some pain and soreness in my scar for like 3-4 months after my Diep surgeries.

13 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

No, I don't recall having itchiness in my scar. Have you always had that? Only felt some pain and soreness in my scar for like 3-4 months after my Diep surgeries.

Yes I still feel a bit itchy till now(9months), and may I ask do you keep on any medication for hair loss?

18 hours ago, Burns said:

Yes I still feel a bit itchy till now(9months), and may I ask do you keep on any medication for hair loss?

That's strange that there's still itchiness. Not sure what that means, but it should be okay. Right now I take finasteride, dutasteride about 3 times a week, and 2.5 mg oral minoxidil. I feel like medication has decreased the amount of hairs that would fall, but I haven't noticed much regrowth in my crown area. I was on 5mg oral minox but recently switched back to 2.5mg because I started having a big shed after upping to 5mg and I just don't want to deal with that right now.

• 1 month later...

At 6 months now and things are looking pretty good. I was feeling like there hasn't been much growth, but after comparing past photos, there is visible progress. Before surgery with Laorwong, I used to have to comb over my left side to hide thin patches, but I don't have to do that anymore. Currently, my right side is still behind in growth and looks see-through, but I can cover that up by brushing my hair forward.

I also saw Dr. Laorwong in person at around my 4.5 month mark and he spent about 40 minutes looking over my hair and taking pictures of the grafts up close. The pictures showed that the grafts that sprouted were still thin and needed time to thicken. He also looked over my donor and said I probably have around 2,500 grafts for future operations. 

Would also like to note that I stopped taking oral minoxidil about a month ago. Was feeling super lethargic after just 20 minutes of walking outside and I never had that before. I also felt like bags under my eyes were becoming more pronounced. Got off the OM, and I can walk all day long again and I feel my skin has improved as well. Currently just taking finasteride and dutasteride.

Wet hair:

Front:

IMG_5279.thumb.jpg.0621a677414f51cfd96c6326b03bf9e8.jpg

Left:

IMG_5281.thumb.jpg.45c23820854bad74768b51e4188d8e84.jpg

Right:

IMG_5280.thumb.jpg.21b60c713f7cc7b53c047e31e7833650.jpg

Dry Hair

Front:

IMG_5288.thumb.jpg.5fe4558156e4008032589ace67c67a4b.jpg

Left:

IMG_5290.thumb.jpg.5fd4130c7638f1087f2fe0b82c481cae.jpg

Right:

IMG_5287.thumb.jpg.b89bcef28f0760e5974076924cf73395.jpg

Scar

IMG_5292.thumb.jpg.01e81dc0fa79efcbacada62bd81e758b.jpg

IMG_5302.thumb.png.7b2e7345cd1e99a7f3077f1b1d28dd6f.png

Daytime interior

IMG_5314.thumb.jpg.40e4ee13d1053b15b0759b5483d30363.jpg

IMG_5315.thumb.jpg.39c7a99ce07f0bf507e8b1baca7a5a44.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@AlexMeister21you getting better brother...right side is almost perfect and left side is bit lacking bt i you have many more months in the bank for that and it will catch up with the right soon...why don't you use topical Minoxidil after you quit oral?

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023