Dr Kostis or Dr Bisanga only package?

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The 7 per graft is only for repair cases, which is often more expensive at many top clinics. I know some clinics in Europe charging more for repairs. There’s no way Dr. Pekiner is comparable to Dr. Bisanga, not even close IMO. Dr. Mwamba is comparable and almost the same price for a regular non-repair case. Also, there is only one market, the hair transplant market. There are different sectors for different quality of clinics. Location doesn’t mean anything. People travel all the time to get a procedure, so locations don’t really matter. 

You are the first one in this thread to state anything about 7 EUR being the price for repairs. If you go to the poster's history he is not actually a repair case, based on that your assertion doesn't seem to be correct.

Of course there are different markets. You confirmed it yourself by stating "In America, patients wouldn’t think twice to pay $7 per graft for his skill". Now I do agree, that anyone considering a HT should be open to travelling, but then we could include doctors outside of europe and the US that have comparable skill to Bisanga, are significantly cheaper and don't have very long waiting lists. 

Not sure why you are so down on Pekiner. In my opinion he is actually superior to Bisanga because he doesn't transplant grafts with patterned regularity and Pekiner performs all surgical aspects of the procedure. What does Bisanga do so well that they are "not even close"?. 

• Like 3

I have never felt the 'wow' factor from Bisanga. Freitas, Couto, pinto, Ferreira, and Pekiner have results that appeal to my eye better. This is just my opinion though and I am looking at hairlines purely.

• Like 3

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

23 hours ago, Marlo said:

Not sure why you are so down on Pekiner. In my opinion he is actually superior to Bisanga because he doesn't transplant grafts with patterned regularity and Pekiner performs all surgical aspects of the procedure. What does Bisanga do so well that they are "not even close"?. 

This is correct, and something I noticed that I haven’t seen anyone mention is Dr Pekiner takes a good few moments before he implants a graft. So it isn’t make thousand holes in one go then put the grafts, he thought out every incision he made even on my last surgery day when we were really short on time, he still took his time and didn’t rush it. I believe this is why his results are just spectacular. I am waiting on photos from clinic before posting my thread to show what he was also able to achieve with my bad donor. 

I don’t know anything about Dr Bisanga, his price point was way above my range and I didn’t even consider him so have no opinion of him. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 2/15/2023 at 4:58 AM, Marlo said:

You are the first one in this thread to state anything about 7 EUR being the price for repairs. If you go to the poster's history he is not actually a repair case, based on that your assertion doesn't seem to be correct.

Of course there are different markets. You confirmed it yourself by stating "In America, patients wouldn’t think twice to pay $7 per graft for his skill". Now I do agree, that anyone considering a HT should be open to travelling, but then we could include doctors outside of europe and the US that have comparable skill to Bisanga, are significantly cheaper and don't have very long waiting lists. 

I’ve been told that 7 is for repair and complex cases. We may not be privy to what the clinic is in regards to this case. What is a repair? Someone with scarring issues, donor issues, basically anything that needs to be fixed/repaired. 

I honestly don’t know how Pekiner got so much hype. Don’t get me wrong he’s a good surgeon. But you cannot compare a surgeon with a track record of less than 10 years, to a surgeon whose been doing it consistently for over 20. Consistency over a long period of time is an important metric.

Now, artistry is subjective, some people may prefer hairlines of a particular doctor, and that’s okay. In my opinion, if there was a contest looking at 100 cases from doctors, and judging density and naturalness. Pekiner would not beat Bisanga, I don’t think he’d make the top 10 if I’m being honest. Bisanga definitely would. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:30 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

The 7 per graft is only for repair cases, which is often more expensive at many top clinics. I know some clinics in Europe charging more for repairs. There’s no way Dr. Pekiner is comparable to Dr. Bisanga, not even close IMO. Dr. Mwamba is comparable and almost the same price for a regular non-repair case. Also, there is only one market, the hair transplant market. There are different sectors for different quality of clinics. Location doesn’t mean anything. People travel all the time to get a procedure, so locations don’t really matter. 

Completely agree here with @Melvin- Moderator , the Hair Transplant market is nowadays GLOBAL, not just for an iPhone, but for Hair Transplants too.

I like Bisanga's work, but 7 Euros / Graft is too much in my eyes. As already mentioned, there are other very good doctors who are much cheaper. In addition, one should not forget that the cost of living and accordingly the wages in Belgium, Germany or France are much lower than in the U.S., the price is equivalent to 10 or 11 Euros in the U.S.

Of course, it is Bisanga's right to set the price so high.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/15/2023 at 4:58 AM, Marlo said:

On 2/16/2023 at 4:08 AM, Hairagainn said:

This is correct, and something I noticed that I haven’t seen anyone mention is Dr Pekiner takes a good few moments before he implants a graft. So it isn’t make thousand holes in one go then put the grafts, he thought out every incision he made even on my last surgery day when we were really short on time, he still took his time and didn’t rush it. I believe this is why his results are just spectacular. I am waiting on photos from clinic before posting my thread to show what he was also able to achieve with my bad donor. 

I don’t know anything about Dr Bisanga, his price point was way above my range and I didn’t even consider him so have no opinion of him. 

For full transparency. I have banned both of these accounts. Apparently, this person claims I banned them because they said Dr. Pekiner is better than Dr. Bisanga. That's absurd. I disagree, but that is their opinion. I banned them because these accounts logged into the same IP address simultaneously. Duplicate accounts are not allowed. 

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.04.14 AM.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/16/2023 at 3:40 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I honestly don’t know how Pekiner got so much hype.

I agree with this 100%. Pekiner doesn't even have proper after pictures of his work, all of them are patient posted selfies. How can anyone know if Dr Pekiner is good or bad without good pictures of his work? The hype makes no sense.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

On 2/13/2023 at 10:42 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

First of all, he said he switched from oral finasteride to oral minoxidil and saw no difference. What’s wrong with giving his own personal experience. I have been taking oral minoxidil for 6 months, and it’s a game changer. 

This is getting absurd. Oral minoxidil has been around WAY before finasteride. As a matter of fact, it started off as a blood pressure medication that had a secondary effect of hair growth. How on earth can anyone say there aren’t any long term studies. It’s the EXACT same drug as the topical, except oral. You guys need to stay off reddit. 

Here’s a study from 1987, is 30+ years long term enough.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0190962287700929

What do you think about cycling oral minox? Like 1 year on it, then 1 year break and so on?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

What do you think about cycling oral minox? Like 1 year on it, then 1 year break and so on?

I think any gains you get the year on would be lost the year off. Id much rather cycle the dosing. Maybe daily, to every other day, to 3x per week. 

View my thread

On 2/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, Belve said:

I think there is also a third option with only dr kostis at 2.5 euro/graft ? 

Is that really a thing?

I inquired about an appointment late last year, and the info regarding booking is what ultimately made me not do it. 

For the "only Kostis"-package I was quoted 2,9€ per graft if I booked before the end of 2022. 50% of the total procedure cost would have to be put down as a down payment - which apparently was non-refundable, even of the surgery was cancelled from their side. (that's what I was told). 

I would have had to stretch financially for the total cost, but the way the down payment was presented seemed too risky for me. 

If the 2,5€ package is a thing I'd 100% try to change from what I have booked now. I have a good idea of the design is want and the work by Kostis that I've seen looks basically the same as Bisangas. 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, Anon94 said:

Is that really a thing?

I inquired about an appointment late last year, and the info regarding booking is what ultimately made me not do it. 

For the "only Kostis"-package I was quoted 2,9€ per graft if I booked before the end of 2022. 50% of the total procedure cost would have to be put down as a down payment - which apparently was non-refundable, even of the surgery was cancelled from their side. (that's what I was told). 

I would have had to stretch financially for the total cost, but the way the down payment was presented seemed too risky for me. 

If the 2,5€ package is a thing I'd 100% try to change from what I have booked now. I have a good idea of the design is want and the work by Kostis that I've seen looks basically the same as Bisangas. 

Well I had an op with Dr. B on late 2022. The advance was 30% of the price agreed, and fully refundable if cancelled by the clinic. However, the quoted cost for graft was 5 euros but not in Belgium but in Athens. Dr. B made the FUE extraction and the incisions. Placement only by hair techs.

Edited by stamos