Eugenix Repair 12606 grafts, 10806 scalp, 1800 beard January 2023/ Feb 2024

Stewie

8 hours ago, ThinningIndian said:

Dr Arika is doing the incisions but I don't know which doctor is leading the surgery...I probably should have asked :/ or did they tell you on the day?

Β 

Also on day 1 do they just do the incisions and send you back to the hotel?

Β 

Sorry one more question (it's 4am and I can't sleep thinking about everything now)..do you just not wash the head at all for two days after the surgery?Β 

If you went for the same package as me and a senior doctor is leading it then I just found out on the day. But I was happy to go with any of them tbh. But I really wanted Dr Arika doing the key hairline incisions for sure

as for washing. It’s a crap week of just making sure you don’t interfere with the grafts in anyway. Sleeping upright with a travel pillow ideally and then continued spraying of saline for the first week. Though for each of my surgeries once I ran out I actually used bottled water as research shows there is no difference in healing vs saline

once you get to day 7 you can wash it gently to start hopefully getting the scabs off. Most people on here manage ti remove nearly all scabs in one go. Took me four days of continued rubbing over them tbh

today depending what time you go in, I would imagine it should just start. I honestly feel like they made a bit of a cock up on my first day if I am being honest and if they started on that day then I would of loved to go in for a third day for more beard grafts. But I am happy overall and looking forward to where I get for now

hope it goes well today. You’re in good hands. Like @Gatsbysaid. Make sure you are happy with everything. Question anything you are unsure about as even though this was my third surgery. It’s still all fast and overwhelming. Hence why I caught Dr S and made sure he knew what my main areas of concern were. After that I was happy to lie back and let them do it

On 2/12/2023 at 5:15 PM, Stewie said:

2 weeks since having my surgery. Shedding a lot this week already so decided to buzz it down today to around 1-2mm to tidy it up. Can tell how brittle most of the hair is now and falling out as you rub your hands through it. Role on month 4 onwards haΒ 

E1C4CBD1-51CF-459A-AF0B-8AAF9D40D63A.jpeg

5568D40D-8B24-4020-993A-0B84E3A8077E.jpeg

Hi Stewie, looking good. Can I ask, it’s only 2 weeks post surgery and you say that you buzz cut it down to tidy it up. I thought most clinics advised against using clippers on the donor and recipient area for several weeks?Β 

12 hours ago, JustJax said:

Hi Stewie, looking good. Can I ask, it’s only 2 weeks post surgery and you say that you buzz cut it down to tidy it up. I thought most clinics advised against using clippers on the donor and recipient area for several weeks?Β 

They do, after my first one I got told not to use clippers for 3 months, but for the life of me I don't know why, I can only think its to stop infections, as the skin is still healing in general and they running clippers over it could irritate and maybe cause problems? thats the only thing I can think of? but I did it on my first two no worries and just going to carry on the same this time, I have seen many others do the same thing too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

They do, after my first one I got told not to use clippers for 3 months, but for the life of me I don't know why, I can only think its to stop infections, as the skin is still healing in general and they running clippers over it could irritate and maybe cause problems? thats the only thing I can think of? but I did it on my first two no worries and just going to carry on the same this time, I have seen many others do the same thing too

You’re on the money Stewie no problem at all buzzing down a couple of weeks after procedure …this Β scissor only cut for a few months protocol is a joke ..you’re in great shape mateΒ 

Edited by Zoomster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zoomster said:

You’re on the money Stewie no problem at all buzzing down a couple of weeks after procedure …this Β scissor only cut for a few months protocol is a joke ..you’re in great shape mateΒ 

To have the king praise me is a good day indeed, I came into this game on a whim and then regretted it there after, nowadays its about getting to something I can be happy with when I look in the mirror, I never minded seeing my bald head as I have always liked I after it got over the shock when losing it so young, but now its a different one with this, but maybe it will bring benefits off the back of it and allow me to grow my hair, who knows, but I am glad for peeps like yourself sharing great and real updates with real life photos and showing what a hair transplant is, thanks man

8 hours ago, Stewie said:

To have the king praise me is a good day indeed, I came into this game on a whim and then regretted it there after, nowadays its about getting to something I can be happy with when I look in the mirror, I never minded seeing my bald head as I have always liked I after it got over the shock when losing it so young, but now its a different one with this, but maybe it will bring benefits off the back of it and allow me to grow my hair, who knows, but I am glad for peeps like yourself sharing great and real updates with real life photos and showing what a hair transplant is, thanks man

πŸ€œπŸ€›

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Month 4 and finally some growth has started to happen. Hair is only about 3mm long as been keeping it short. New hairs are finally starting to come through. But lots of gaps at the moment still based on what was transplanted. But it’s early days so let’s see how next month pans out as I know it’s always different for each person. I thought I would be further on at this point but I know it’s a slow waiting game 😬

IMG_5224.jpeg

IMG_5213.jpeg

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5220.jpeg

IMG_5221.jpeg

• Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

@Stewie I met you in person before your procedure with Eugenix. I have to say that for only four months post op your growth is looking excellent. But what really stands out for me is how improved your donor is looking now from when we met!! It looks far more homogeneous! It looks like even better things are in store for you over the coming months for sure! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I hear you on slow growth/ expectation….I am on month 3 and on same boat vs. what I wished it would be. Β Whats important is that I feel we are still on the boat and have to keep the hope going. The best is yet to come!!

• Like 1

Β 

1 hour ago, aaalan said:

I hear you on slow growth/ expectation….I am on month 3 and on same boat vs. what I wished it would be. Β Whats important is that I feel we are still on the boat and have to keep the hope going. The best is yet to come!!

Yeah definitely, its just weird as my other two started coming out fast around month 4, but I guess different techniques and even differences in me maybe not being as fit as I was a couple of years back might play into how it plays out? who knows? I can feel little hairs and pimples so hopefully come next month ill start to see some real differences :)Β 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was not going to do another update so early but just took same harsher light pics in bedroom, hair still around 4mm long, but can feel and see tons of new little hairs popping through at last, so hopefully other the next month or so I might see some good improvements :)Β 

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

Edited by Stewie
  • Like 5

• Valued Contributor

I'd start to let it all grow out from here on Stew mate. The coverage is looking pretty decent so with some length + several more months of growth and development you'll quickly achieve that illusion of density.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, actually a bit scared to grow it, not grown my hair since starting to shave it in 1998, its so much of a habit to shave it now ha, but I am going to try and leave it for a bit, might give it once last tidy up this week as with the new growth its all odd lengths and its no good for my OCD :)Β