Second procedure with dr. Couto of Fuexpert

On 5/19/2023 at 2:53 PM, stockholmare said:

Hello All,

not much to share at the moment. i am almost 4 months in and very few grafts have sprouted, mostly on the right side, while left is showing almost no signs of growth.

I am posting pics later, but there will be no visible change vs the pre-op.

I am trying to be confident that this time i will get a good result.

To some of the comments: the doc did all the implantation himself, while extractions were performed by the same tech who di them in my first procedure, so not an apprentice for sure.

I honestly felt very well taken care of and, as I said before, the Doc goes really above and beyond to to his job: I perceived he was not doing it for the money (he absolutely does not need it) but because he cares about his patients and his reputation above all else.

I may not be happy after the second procedure and a bad respondent to HT in general, but in all honesty I would still recommend Dr. Couto to anyone who asks me: capable, trustworthy and integer professional.

Hello I turned 4 months a few days ago.

The right side is (as the first procedure) showing some signs of growth, although nothing major. The left side has almost no growt, I counted 3 hairs in the hairline and behind, which exactly what happened the first time. At this point I believe I am a bad responder to HT. There is no other explanations.

Wishing all future Couto’s patient the best results (which IMO he really can deliver).

IMG_7455.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg

• Sad 1

Did Dr Couto ever tell you about how much you yielded? and what approach did he do this time that was different to the first in order to optimize better growth. I understand that he planted less grafts to go for better growth but did he switch up your post-op care routine?

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

On 6/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, stockholmare said:

Hello I turned 4 months a few days ago.

The right side is (as the first procedure) showing some signs of growth, although nothing major. The left side has almost no growt, I counted 3 hairs in the hairline and behind, which exactly what happened the first time. At this point I believe I am a bad responder to HT. There is no other explanations.

You're really shooting from the hip to make that conclusion at 4 months, especially for a revision.

Pictures of your entire hairline not taken with a phone on selfie-mode from 6 inches away would be helpful (ie. set it on timer mode or have someone else take the photo).

Where are the clinic's pictures?

And just some general troubleshooting -- are you a smoker? Do take any other drugs or medication (recreational or prescribed)? 

Also what does of finasteride are you on? Could you consider switching to avodart and adding 2% ketoconazole?

Last, people have mixed opinions about this, but if you have symptoms of dermatitis a biopsy might not be a bad idea to see if you have any tinea/malassezia hiding in there somewhere.

I really appreciate you sharing your case with us but I wouldn't give up the ghost just yet. 

Edited by consequence

4 month is too early to make any conclusions. Most patients have close to zero growth at this stage. 

Anyway, the poor result of the first surgery, seems to be not a growth issue but poor planning and too low planted density.

Why do I say "seems": 2000 grafts should have been sufficient for your case, but the pics do not look like 2000 grafts at all.

It also looks less clean and refined as a typical top clinic post surgery result looks like. It also appears that there are no pics from the clinic from either surgery - if this is the case it is unacceptable for a top clinic.

Please ask the clinic for the surgery pics. I think then we should be able to make a proper evaluation. 

Hey i want to ask since I have heard rumors saying Couto is not doing all the surgery now. I mean the implantation since I believe He always had someone to do extractions. Did he run the 100% of the first surgery? and the second? who else did if not him?? thanks man

• Administrators

It’s definitely improving. At 4 months you should feel very encouraged. It’s normal for one side to lag more than the other. But still it’s looking better than before at 4 months.

D23CFFD0-ECEE-4CC0-80A5-4EA9C004EFA2.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yes, please give us an update 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.