Dr Resul Yaman - Please advice

z4ydi

I have been in communication with Dr Rseul Yaman. I just want to first confirm whether this Dr is recommended by this forum or is that a different Dr Yaman?

In the online consultation he offered me the following which I am not sure this is the correct advice; hence I need your opinion on this

1. recommends for your operation about 5000 grafts.
  2. the method used will be DHI, will cost $3250

From my research I understand that 5000 grafts will be a huge number for DHI and hence I questioned him as to why he would suggest such a number for DHI. His response was as follows:

The biggest amount we can do with DHI Method is 4500-5000 grafts. But we have another option which the surgery will be done in 2 operation days. In that option we can implant 3000 grafts per each day and we can reach 6000 grafts in 2 days if you have enough donor side.(also it's possible to use beard hair in that option). In second option all extraction part will be done by manual extraction tool which is safer for big amount transplantations.

My question is, is this a safe option to split the surgery in to 2 days? would this not cause a negative impact on the survival of the grafts due to 2 shocks over 2 days? or any other negative impacts it might have which I will appreciate if you can share.

So I asked him what is this option called, he told me it is called 3SE Method

I said I never heard of this method do you mean it is FUE? he said the following:

It's mixed method; The consultation step will be done by 3D Scanner System.  Dr. Resul Yaman himself will open small channels to determine hair distribution and directions.  Extraction part will be done by manual extraction tool.  Implantation will be done by Special Implanter Pens. (It's improved DHI pen.)

Can you please advice whether this adds up and is a safe option to go for?

Thanks 

• Administrators

Can you share your pictures? 5,000 sounds like a lot in one shot. Very few have the donor capacity for so many grafts at once. Please include donor pictures. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, z4ydi said:

I have been in communication with Dr Rseul Yaman. I just want to first confirm whether this Dr is recommended by this forum or is that a different Dr Yaman?

In the online consultation he offered me the following which I am not sure this is the correct advice; hence I need your opinion on this

1. recommends for your operation about 5000 grafts.
  2. the method used will be DHI, will cost $3250

From my research I understand that 5000 grafts will be a huge number for DHI and hence I questioned him as to why he would suggest such a number for DHI. His response was as follows:

The biggest amount we can do with DHI Method is 4500-5000 grafts. But we have another option which the surgery will be done in 2 operation days. In that option we can implant 3000 grafts per each day and we can reach 6000 grafts in 2 days if you have enough donor side.(also it's possible to use beard hair in that option). In second option all extraction part will be done by manual extraction tool which is safer for big amount transplantations.

My question is, is this a safe option to split the surgery in to 2 days? would this not cause a negative impact on the survival of the grafts due to 2 shocks over 2 days? or any other negative impacts it might have which I will appreciate if you can share.

I said I never heard of this method do you mean it is FUE? he said the following:

It's mixed method; The consultation step will be done by 3D Scanner System.  Dr. Resul Yaman himself will open small channels to determine hair distribution and directions.  Extraction part will be done by manual extraction tool.  Implantation will be done by Special Implanter Pens. (It's improved DHI pen.)

Thanks 

The procedure could be done in 2 days with not negative impact at all. The opposite applies in that case…

yaman is also doing manual FUE which is a bit slower method than motorised FUE to extract grafts..That’s why he told you 2 days procedure if u select the manual extraction of grafts. It also costs more if it is done in 2 days instead of one. 

2 hours ago, z4ydi said:

recommends for your operation about 5000 grafts.

Are you saying 5000 in a day? That's crazy high.

2 hours ago, z4ydi said:

6000 grafts in 2 days

3000 per day is still very high. It's better than 5000 is one day but still undesirable.

Is this option more expensive?

2 hours ago, z4ydi said:

3SE Method

Sounds like mumbo jumbo marketing talk to try and upsell.

Even more expensive for this?

Or just the doc's unique selling point?

2 hours ago, z4ydi said:

Special Implanter Pens. (It's improved DHI pen.)

Of course it is ... then why offer DHI if you get an inferior result?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, z4ydi said:

Thanks 

If the doctor has experience in doing larger sessions over one or two days and can show many pictures/results with successful outcomes then there shouldn't be a issue. 

It is certainly possible doing large sessions over 1-2 days as long as you have the donor for it and a skilled doctor with excellent donor management. 

I did just over 7000 grafts over 2 days, same doctor have done over 9000 grafts over 2 days, BUT again, not everyone can do this. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, HugoX said:

If the doctor has experience in doing larger sessions over one or two days and can show many pictures/results with successful outcomes then there shouldn't be a issue. 

It is certainly possible doing large sessions over 1-2 days as long as you have the donor for it and a skilled doctor with excellent donor management. 

I did just over 7000 grafts over 2 days, same doctor have done over 9000 grafts over 2 days, BUT again, not everyone can do this. 

Exactly it depends on the clinic. Some clinic have experience in doing larger sessions, while others don’t.

For example I have seen @Dr. Felipe Pittella doing over 6500 grafts in one day session with satisfactory results…

Where did you have your procedure done with 7000 grafts in 2 days ? 

Edited by Jackdaniels

I can help enlighten you here. 

First of all, don't worry, even with some limitations when it comes to communicating in English, Dr. Yaman is highly ethical and very skilled. I had my procedure with him and you can check my review thread as well as those of other members if you have not already done so.

Now, as Melvin wrote, some pictures of your pre-op condition would be really helpful in determining the extent of the work needed.

The 'DHI' method is not true DHI. Incisions are made first, then extractions and finally graft placement, as in a traditional FUE structure (3SE, Sapphire etc. are all marketing names for regular FUE). True DHI would involve a doctor implanting at the same time as making the slit. That being said and having picked Yaman's 'DHI' package, I'm super pleased with the results so far. I did 4550 grafts in a single session like that. 

He has teams of three techs working simultaneously both for extractions and implantation and that is why that many grafts can be done in a single session. Manual extraction is indeed slower and that's why it's spaced over two days, possibly at double the cost but with a higher total graft count implanted. (I believe there is a fairly recent Yaman review where our comrade had that exact experience)

The '5000 grafts per operation' limit is prudent, as mega-sessions higher than that may carry a higher risk of complications in some patients. I've also read reviews of mega sessions that went perfectly fine, but each patient's mileage may vary and there is always an element of risk involved in all hair transplants. 

If I were you, I'd play it a bit smart : get a single day procedure at a flat cost, wait to see how it turned out and then schedule another operation later on if more coverage is needed. 

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I can help enlighten you here. 

First of all, don't worry, even with some limitations when it comes to communicating in English, Dr. Yaman is highly ethical and very skilled. I had my procedure with him and you can check my review thread as well as those of other members if you have not already done so.

Now, as Melvin wrote, some pictures of your pre-op condition would be really helpful in determining the extent of the work needed.

The 'DHI' method is not true DHI. Incisions are made first, then extractions and finally graft placement, as in a traditional FUE structure (3SE, Sapphire etc. are all marketing names for regular FUE). True DHI would involve a doctor implanting at the same time as making the slit. That being said and having picked Yaman's 'DHI' package, I'm super pleased with the results so far. I did 4550 grafts in a single session like that. 

He has teams of three techs working simultaneously both for extractions and implantation and that is why that many grafts can be done in a single session. Manual extraction is indeed slower and that's why it's spaced over two days, possibly at double the cost but with a higher total graft count implanted. (I believe there is a fairly recent Yaman review where our comrade had that exact experience)

The '5000 grafts per operation' limit is prudent, as mega-sessions higher than that may carry a higher risk of complications in some patients. I've also read reviews of mega sessions that went perfectly fine, but each patient's mileage may vary and there is always an element of risk involved in all hair transplants. 

If I were you, I'd play it a bit smart : get a single day procedure at a flat cost, wait to see how it turned out and then schedule another operation later on if more coverage is needed. 

I really appreciate your detailed reply and advice.

From your post, my understanding is that you went with the DHI option for around 4550 grafts in one session not the "3SE" option correct? if so, was the entire extraction done by the motor or was it manual.

Can anyone explain how risky is it to do the motorized extraction for the health of the graft. Is the possibility of damaged grafts too high with the motorized extraction?

I think you are right, I should get a single procedure at a fixed price of 3250 Eur; and if that covers it well then no need to go for the 2nd session. The only thing that puts me down with this option is the use of motorise extraction

37 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

Can anyone explain how risky is it to do the motorized extraction for the health of the graft.

In the right hands it's an excellent tool.

Some of the best HT doctors routinely use motorised extraction along with manual where required.

If you flip the question around and ask How risky are manual extractions?

With such a large surgery, fatigue is a factor, Are they as accurate at avoiding graft dissection at the end compared to the start?

Large surgeries are super risky, you burn through so many of your limited grafts without knowing how well you respond or having first-hand experience of the clinic.

37 minutes ago, z4ydi said:

and if that covers it well then no need to go for the 2nd session.

Wrong mindset.

You might be 'one and done' or maybe just 'done'🙄

22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you share your pictures? 5,000 sounds like a lot in one shot. Very few have the donor capacity for so many grafts at once. Please include donor pictures. 

This.

Edited by NikosHair
  • Like 1

For me it was mostly motorized with some manual extraction done for specific grafts (I did not ask why). Excellent results all around, you can check out my thread for more details. As NikosHair mentioned, there is nothing wrong with motorized extractions in the right hands and Dr. Yaman's team is highly skilled and quite experienced. 

• Like 1

• I would have a plan of 2-3 surgeries with 9-12months between surgeries.
  • The 1st would be the front third at around 3000 Fu's.
  • You have good temple points and assuming you get good growth from the surgery it will make a massive difference to framing your face.
  • The 2nd surgery will allow you to assess and tweak the hairline from the 1st procedure, while hitting the other areas.
  • If your donor allows, the 2nd procedure could be larger (3500+).
  • Like 1

I am considering having my ht done by dr Yaman. I am a NW 5/6 and I have seen that he has a good track record with difficult cases like mine. Based on the photos I sent him, he told me I coud have 4500 grafts. From what I have read online, he is a very skilled doc. Other Turkish doctors offered to do an HT with a lower number of grafts, ranging from 3000 to 4000. I believe that the advantage of having 2 HTs (spread by at least 1 year) is that, if something goes wrong with the 1st procedure, you can still rectify the issue. However, my donor is not that good and I may decide to do a mega session. Good luck to you!

5 hours ago, NikosHair said:
  • I would have a plan of 2-3 surgeries with 9-12months between surgeries.
  • The 1st would be the front third at around 3000 Fu's.
  • You have good temple points and assuming you get good growth from the surgery it will make a massive difference to framing your face.
  • The 2nd surgery will allow you to assess and tweak the hairline from the 1st procedure, while hitting the other areas.
  • If your donor allows, the 2nd procedure could be larger (3500+).

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my ignorance and I am sure you might have a good reason for suggesting 2 surgeries one year a part. But what is that reason? 
secondly , would 3000 grafts really make any difference to my looks considering I have such a big area of baldness ? 

5 hours ago, NikosHair said:

The 2nd surgery will allow you to assess and tweak the hairline from the 1st procedure, while hitting the other areas.

This is an important benefit of the staged approach.

There are a couple of good doctors that do the mega sessions but most good docs prefer to break it down into smaller surgeries.

There are so many factors that can affect a successful HT - why risk putting all your eggs in one basket? 

If you blow 5k or 6k of grafts and you get a poor result, you're pretty much done.

3000 in the front third will create a great hair line (in skilled hands).

The choice as they say ... is yours☺️

• Like 1

It really depends on your needs, desires and expectations. At your stage of baldness, any operation is going to make a huge cosmetic difference. I would trust Dr. Yaman's assessment and get a single day procedure with him. Once it all grows out, you can decide on your own whether you'd like to have another procedure in the future. 

There's no 'perfect' operational plan and every individual's needs and expectations are different. Personally, if my front and mid hold well over the years, I wouldn't mind going about with a bald spot on my crown. Someone else might be horrified at the prospect. I've seen guys who get amazing results after a single procedure go back and lower their hairlines, refine their temporal peaks, all sorts of 'artistic' work when in essence, any sane person would consider them NW1's after the first op. 

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 3