Alternatives to Dr. Konior?

I actually posted awhile ago requesting information and was set on dr. Konior. Unfortunately, when I contacted them, he is not taking any appointments at this moment for 2024. 

I then contacted hasson and wong and was about to go with them until I started researching them again and finding interesting reviews with unhappy patients.

Now, I'm in contact with Dr. Sahar nadami to see when she is available.

I just wanted to see who you guys would recommend today that I can rely on and get an appointment for this year? My budget is 20-30k.

My main goal is to have it done right the first time and not have to worry about it. Atleast for a long time.

I'd prefer to stay in the states but I am not opposed to going to another country. 

Thanks

20230109_172304.jpg

20230109_172327.jpg

H & W are one of the best clinics in the world. I actually thought about them for awhile but really the cost and travel put me away. 

Your goal seems solid. I recently had a procedure at another prominent Chicago doctor you could check out: Panine. There's also Shapiro up in MN. Also, world class. 

Check out the recommended physicians section of this website and do a bunch of consults. All are high caliber and likely within your price range. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Administrators

Every doctor will have unhappy patients. I think Hasson and Wong are excellent surgeons with a long track record of producing top notch results. Dr. Nadimi is an excellent doctor as well.  

I suggest looking at our full list of recommended surgeons and using that as a starting point for research.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, omgcorey said:

The recent posts with hasson and wong were just talking about how they were not involved as much as they used to be during the procedure. I'm still considering but want to delve into more info.

I know the case you're referring too, that is one case. I would reach out to multiple patients to hear their experiences. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Opinions are opinions. Like Melvin pointed out, all doctors will have some patients with negative feelings. 

You should read up on the recommendation methodology that this website uses. If H&W was truly falling behind, they likely would have been unrecommended by now. 

But again it's important to get consults and meet with at least 4 or 5 doctors and get a feel if they are right for you. Even reach out to former patients. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

I appreciate that. It's easy to remember the bad reviews over the good ones. I will reach out to a couple more. Thanks again for the suggestions and information. Always appreciated. I know these threads probably get posted a lot.

• Like 1

Not to undermine the other names recommended here, as a H&W patient in November (Although I was with Dr Wong as not Dr Hasson) I had a very different experience from that case mentioned and believe it would be a mistake for a another potential patient to be discouraged by it.

• Like 3

I'm a strong believer of one patient per day and 100% doctor involvement if you are going to pay 20k+. I'd suggest sticking with Nadimi, who is both a wonderful surgeon and person.

As an aside, H&W are generally amongst the best, but until Nordster's case is properly addressed, I have some issues with their ethical handling when issues go wrong.

Edit: To be clear, my point on H&W applies only to Dr. Hasson. Haven't seen any recent ethical issues raised by any Dr. Wong patient.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2

20-30k is an excellent budget for the amount that you need.  You can pretty much do it with any doctor you choose.

One thing to consider is that you have very thick hair, so you'll probably want someone capable of dense packing it well, otherwise it will stick out like a sore thumb.  Problem is, most good surgeons, they literally all have super long waiting lists if they're doing 1 patient a day.  H&W do lots of surgeries, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had an earlier opening.

IDK, if I wanted it done soon, I'd go with H&W.  Are they the absolute best money can buy?  Nope, but they're still well up there.  And the absolute best money can buy will probably have 2-3 year waiting list.

Check out my journey here:

13 hours ago, aNewHairHope said:

You have excellent existing hair and should only contemplate surgery with the elite of elites. High density and artistic expertise are a must. For U.S did you consult with Nadimi? Also Bisanga, Ferreira.

I've been in contact with Nadimi. My concern is that she is conservative with the amount of hair follicles she uses and I have very thick hair as is and want to make sure it is densely packed. I'm leaning towards Dr. Hasson right now. Any other elites you would suggest?

Dr Hasson is going to pack the s%#* out of your area. Will it look great. sure for a few years. But hair transplant is not a 3-4 year game it is a lifelong game. results should not be measure in one two or three years but over 10-20 years. 

It is better to use a conservative number of grafts and get a good result, that still allows flexibility for long term hair loss  then using an excessive # of grafts get a fabulous result for few years but less flexibility for future hair loss as it leaves you with less donor in bank for future. 

This is just my opinion, based on what I have seen over a long term and knowing what i know about the disease. 

Edited by shiba1985

With a budget of $20-30k you could fly business to Europe, enjoy a few weeks Interrailing between different countries, choose one of the elites in Portugal, Spain or Belgium, stay in 5* accomodation for the full week of surgery, fly back, and still have enough left over to buy yourself some new hair paste for 6-9 months down the line. 

Portugal - Dr BF, Dr Pinto 

Spain - Dr Couto, Dr De Freitas, 

Belgium - Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga, 

I quite like the work of the Dutch surgeon who’s been posting on here recently from FUEGENIX, but it’s too early for me to label him as a valid option until we have a decent collective of patient posted results as well as his own. 

Anyway, food for thought if you fancy getting a few stamps in your passport. 

If you choose to stay state side, I’d consult with Nadimi and see what density she would be willing to pack with, or consider Shapiro as an option also. 

Dr Rahal in Canada could also be a good option - he gave @TorontoMan a stellar result, and you hair calibre seems to be somewhat similar to his. 

All the best! 

Edited by Curious25

15 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

With a budget of $20-30k you could fly business to Europe, enjoy a few weeks Interrailing between different countries, choose one of the elites in Portugal, Spain or Belgium, stay in 5* accomodation for the full week of surgery, fly back, and still have enough left over to buy yourself some new hair paste for 6-9 months down the line. 

Portugal - Dr BF, Dr Pinto 

Spain - Dr Couto, Dr De Freitas, 

Belgium - Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga, 

I quite like the work of the Dutch surgeon who’s been posting on here recently from FUEGENIX, but it’s too early for me to label him as a valid option until we have a decent collective of patient posted results as well as his own. 

Anyway, food for thought if you fancy getting a few stamps in your passport. 

If you choose to stay state side, I’d consult with Nadimi and see what density she would be willing to pack with, or consider Shapiro as an option also. 

Dr Rahal in Canada could also be a good option - he gave @TorontoMan a stellar result, and you hair calibre seems to be somewhat similar to his. 

All the best! 

I reached out to Dr. Couto. I will see what his time frame is. I would like to get this done sometime this year. I am also very big on my donor area and want to make sure it doesn't come out looking crazy afterwards.

I do like that Nadami seems to have a soft touch but for some reason I am having trouble finding reviews.

I did want to ask, is Wong or Hasson better for the hairline restoration or are they pretty much the same for both?

10 minutes ago, omgcorey said:

I reached out to Dr. Couto. I will see what his time frame is. I would like to get this done sometime this year. I am also very big on my donor area and want to make sure it doesn't come out looking crazy afterwards.

I do like that Nadami seems to have a soft touch but for some reason I am having trouble finding reviews.

I did want to ask, is Wong or Hasson better for the hairline restoration or are they pretty much the same for both?

If you can push Nadimi gently into a more aggressive direction, she will most likely tick your boxes in terms of getting it done this year, and leaving your donor immaculate. 

I believe Hasson has generally been considered the hairline man out of the two, and Wong the crown.

My personal opinion on this clinic right now however would be to hold off and seek further clarity as to what’s going on there.
Going off the most recent case I have seen from Hasson, it really does not fall into the category of ‘every surgeon has one or two bad cases, cut them some slack’, rather there be a multitude of red flags that should simply never occur in a reputable clinic. 

On 1/9/2023 at 6:34 PM, omgcorey said:

I actually posted awhile ago requesting information and was set on dr. Konior. Unfortunately, when I contacted them, he is not taking any appointments at this moment for 2024. 

I then contacted hasson and wong and was about to go with them until I started researching them again and finding interesting reviews with unhappy patients.

Now, I'm in contact with Dr. Sahar nadami to see when she is available.

I just wanted to see who you guys would recommend today that I can rely on and get an appointment for this year? My budget is 20-30k.

My main goal is to have it done right the first time and not have to worry about it. Atleast for a long time.

I'd prefer to stay in the states but I am not opposed to going to another country. 

Thanks

20230109_172304.jpg

20230109_172327.jpg

Does that mean he’s retiring in 2024?