Payment To Eugenix Via Wire Transfer. Wise (TransferWise)

Hello, friends

I'm planning to pay for my Eugenix surgery using wire transfer. Surfing through the forum I've encountered several use cases of doing it via Wise (Transferwise), however the opinions differ - from seamless experience to a turmoil.

I've inspected the steps of the payment process and I'm confused about a subset of things. Most likely my confusion origins in me being a Wise newbie (just registered an account this morning), but probably figuring this out here in public will be helpful to me and to whoever finds this post searching by keywords (and I've tried to use a lot of them in the title).

So, the process looks like this (I've obscured the account numbers in case if it is not public information).

1. First you add Eugenix as a recipient. Wise asked for the following info: currency, recipient type (person/business), name, IFSC Code, account number.

image.thumb.png.052860ec40b7d30d4af39caff86bac5d.png

2. Then you start the transfer process by specifying the amount

3. Wise asks you for the reason, which is the dropdown list with static options. The most suitable is Medical Expenses

image.png.755ee73d870d58dee56d36e86374b5ac.png

4. Then you review the details and can provide the reference. After that it takes you directly to payment

image.png.8c5e5aaa8ab6bb57483c883843d5cf73.png

I was confused by the following:

1. Eugenix provided me a bunch of details, that Wise was not interested in: Branch, Swift code HDFC Branch Gurgaon, Bank Address, Eugenix Address. Is it ok that part of the data is  not essential for the wire transfer, that Wise does not ask for it?

2. Eugenix explicitly mentioned to specify the purpose code as HEALTH SERVICES P1108 to guarantee a seamless wire transfer delivery. However I didn't find where to specify this code. Is picking Medical Expenses as transfer reason enough for that?

3. What should I provide in the reference field to associate the payment with myself? My first and last name?

4. How long it takes the wire transfer to reach Eugenix? I was thinking to make a small test transfer to check if everything goes ok, but I've read here, that some people had their transfer being "in limbo" for weeks before arriving to Eugenix.

5. Is there anything I need to know besides everything above?

Any feedback on these questions would be really appreciated, especially from the ones, who've already paid for Eugenix surgery using Wise. And if Eugenix representatives see this post and have some insights (especially on #1, #2 and #3), I will be really grateful. 

I didn't use this company for my wire. Before I canceled my surgery I went through my bank to wire the booking fee. I remember the teller asking me about 5 times if I was sure about the transfer ($270-ish?) while looking at me like I was psycho, while on the phone with the manager. I assume a lot of wire fraud/scams are based out of India.

• Valued Contributor

I had issues using Wise. This time I have prepaid for a majority of the surgery. I'll just pay the difference in my credit card. For the sake of a credit card fee, etc it's just more peace of mind. You do not want to be stressing about payment when you are undergoing a hair transplant. All the best.

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I had issues using Wise. This time I have prepaid for a majority of the surgery. I'll just pay the difference in my credit card. For the sake of a credit card fee, etc it's just more peace of mind. You do not want to be stressing about payment when you are undergoing a hair transplant. All the best.

I used Wise as well. I figure if you're gonna eat the fee, you should use it to churn a credit card and get some good bonuses from it. You could probably hit 6k spend and instantly get all the bonuses from a premium card like the amex plat

I used wise, and had no issues. I paid for 80% a week before the procedure, and the rest when I was there. No issues. If the amount is large (>$1000), wise takes a couple days, so plan accordingly. Wise gave me the best conversation rates and low fees....a foreign transaction fee credit card would also be a good option!

Edited by ZeeMan

I actually did something very similar to @ZeeMan. I was worried about wise so I sent a smaller amount first. When it went through with no issues I sent about 80% and paid the rest via credit card at the clinic. Wise had the best exchange rate and fees back in July when I went.

• Like 1

I used Wise for my HT with Eugenix and paid for my emtire procedure upfront before leaving my country. I had no issue. Like you mentioned, just set up Eugenix as the receiver, and the rest is not that difficult. For my own piece of mind I wanted to get the payment squared away before leaving my home country. I couldn't imagine traveling all the way to India just to be unable to make a payment... 

I'm also using Wise again for my 2nd sitting with Eugenix. Additionally, I also used the Wise card to pay for my hotel in person. The Wuse card was definitely worth getting imo.. 

On a side note, if you plan on relying on an American Express card for shopping or whatever, take note that some vendors do not except it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I used Wise for my HT with Eugenix and paid for my emtire procedure upfront before leaving my country. I had no issue. Like you mentioned, just set up Eugenix as the receiver, and the rest is not that difficult. For my own piece of mind I wanted to get the payment squared away before leaving my home country. I couldn't imagine traveling all the way to India just to be unable to make a payment... 

I'm also using Wise again for my 2nd sitting with Eugenix. Additionally, I also used the Wise card to pay for my hotel in person. The Wuse card was definitely worth getting imo.. 

On a side note, if you plan on relying on an American Express card for shopping or whatever, take note that some vendors do not except it. 

What did you choose for the reason of transfer since it does not have P1108 code that Eugenix asking for? Didn't wise ask you the swift code or their bank address either? Thanks

14 minutes ago, Hou said:

What did you choose for the reason of transfer since it does not have P1108 code that Eugenix asking for? Didn't wise ask you the swift code or their bank address either? Thanks

Here's how I have them saved as a recipient...

Screenshot_20230113-192231_Wise.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Bumping that thread as I am transferring money to Eugenix using Wise as well.

I've sent 5,000 INR as a test and I've got this:

"Today at 8:56 am

We are reviewing your transfer

Our team will reach out to you soon regarding the information required by our partner bank in order to proceed with your transfer. Please respond within 7 working days to avoid your transfer being cancelled."

Nothing else. When I call the customer service, they say money should arrive on the 13th of Feb 🙃  Did that happen to anyone else? Have I missed a step?