1400 Grafts FUE. UK

Rice

Just now, HappyMan2021 said:

who was the surgeon? Looks like you are a NW3 or even almost a NW4.

1400 grafts is likely not enough for a satisfactory end-result, but hopefully this is a good first-pass 👍

The number was lower than I was expecting, but was told you couldn't really pack much more in. It's not a massive area.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

who was the surgeon? Looks like you are a NW3 or even almost a NW4.

1400 grafts is likely not enough for a satisfactory end-result, but hopefully this is a good first-pass 👍

If he’s a nw 4 then I am too lol he’s a nw2 bordering to nw3

• Like 2

Just now, Dillpickle123 said:

If he’s a nw 4 then I am too lol he’s a nw2 bordering to nw3

Was gonna say. NW4 is a bit mean 😭. Ive posted what I look like on here before and the consensus was NW2. Some Turkish clinics reckoned NW3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I had a similar design as your with similar hairloss I did 2000 grafts so def will help for a first pass 

Time will tell. I mean I hope I don't need another really. To me it looks dense, and I was assured it was. I've seen good results on reddit around ~1500 grafts for similar hairlines. 

Another clinic in the UK said 2300. Turkish / Eugenix clinics were saying around 1800-2600. So I am surprised, but the Dr said those numbers were quite absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Rice said:

Time will tell. I mean I hope I don't need another really. To me it looks dense, and I was assured it was. I've seen good results on reddit around ~1500 grafts for similar hairlines. 

Another clinic in the UK said 2300. Turkish / Eugenix clinics were saying around 1800-2600. So I am surprised, but the Dr said those numbers were quite absurd. 

Yea 2600 is absurd for sure I went more aggressive, at first I was quoted 1700 for a more mature hairline such as yours but I went a bit more aggressive and ended up shy of 2000 grafts 

8 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea 2600 is absurd for sure I went more aggressive, at first I was quoted 1700 for a more mature hairline such as yours but I went a bit more aggressive and ended up shy of 2000 grafts 

Do you have a link to yours?

Just gonna bump this.

I was expecting a higher figure of grafts. At consultation I was expecting up to 1800, but only 1400 went in. Can anyone comment on the density, looking at the photos I attached? Everyones immediately said 1400 is not enough, so I'm a little concerned now. 

17 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

It is hard to say looking at the pictures. At this point there is nothing you can do anyway, so just let the process play out and evaluate it at 7-8 months. 

True. Okay. Kinda wish I pushed to get the temples done a bit, but if it grows out dense enough I'll be very happy. 

19 minutes ago, Rice said:

True. Okay. Kinda wish I pushed to get the temples done a bit, but if it grows out dense enough I'll be very happy. 

Temples are very tricky to do right, don't worry about it, temple recession is natural as men get older.

Hair transplant surgeons seem to be generally terrified of temple points, even on patients with mild Norwoods. They love constructing hairlines without temple points, leading to a very characteristic hairstyle. This is what I identify as the "Mark Zuckerberg hairstyle," that is, a low hairline leading to a vertical forehead length that is normal size, but still-recessed temple points which leads to a horizontal forehead length that is not proportional to the vertical forehead width. 

So your hair ends up looking like...

1.png.7602fa9d44983a7b1fc70752b0723b5c.png

It means if you want to return to a true Norwood 1, temple points and all, you've got your work cut out for you. For me it will require a second transplant, travelling halfway around the world to a clinic not actually afraid of temple points (Eugenix), and more than doubling my total cost. Annoying.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, g8n2h9k3u7 said:

Hair transplant surgeons seem to be generally terrified of temple points, even on patients with mild Norwoods.

Correct. It’s an uncomfortable truth that doesn’t get spoken enough about - but generally, even the supposed greats don’t want to know anything about them. 

OP - going off your hair calibre, and the size of your totally hairless recipient area, I agree that 1400 grafts is unlikely to achieve the density I’m assuming you’re aiming for. 

However, it’s not so much of an issue - some would argue it’s actually quite a clever approach, to start small, and look to add further density with a second pass. 
Hopefully you’ll get good growth, and perhaps you won’t even want to go for a further surgery, however should you do so, like I have said - it’s arguably a superior strategy to follow for a first time patient undergoing surgery. 

23 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea 2600 is absurd for sure

I would say this is actually a more accurate assumption of grafts required to fill this area with a range of 40-50cm2 density. 

40 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Correct. It’s an uncomfortable truth that doesn’t get spoken enough about - but generally, even the supposed greats don’t want to know anything about them. 

OP - going off your hair calibre, and the size of your totally hairless recipient area, I agree that 1400 grafts is unlikely to achieve the density I’m assuming you’re aiming for. 

However, it’s not so much of an issue - some would argue it’s actually quite a clever approach, to start small, and look to add further density with a second pass. 
Hopefully you’ll get good growth, and perhaps you won’t even want to go for a further surgery, however should you do so, like I have said - it’s arguably a superior strategy to follow for a first time patient undergoing surgery. 

I would say this is actually a more accurate assumption of grafts required to fill this area with a range of 40-50cm2 density. 

No because at most maybe 2000- 2200 would achieve 50-60 density, 2600 is overkill when my area was measured out similar to him I got 2k grafts for 50-60 density Turkish mill clinic always over do it 

Edited by Dillpickle123

20 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

No because at most maybe 2000- 2200 would achieve 50-60 density

Im assuming you know the exact size of the recipients surface area then to make such bold claims 🙂 

I’m merely just going off the pictures, however stand by my assessment that 2600 is a more accurate assumption of grafts required with OP’s hair type to create adequate density for this hairline design, than 1400. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Im assuming you know the exact size of the recipients surface area then to make such bold claims 🙂 

I’m merely just going off the pictures, however stand by my assessment that 2600 is a more accurate assumption of grafts required with OP’s hair type to create adequate density for this hairline design, than 1400. 

Calm down it’s just a hairloss forum 😂 making it bigger then it needs to be