1400 Grafts FUE. UK

Rice

Interesting. I was hoping not to get a second transplant because I have some big plans for this time next year. I think it will go that way though because it's already irritating me not having the temples done. Think I rushed to into it. What's the sort of timeframe before getting another? 

9 hours ago, Rice said:

Interesting. I was hoping not to get a second transplant because I have some big plans for this time next year. I think it will go that way though because it's already irritating me not having the temples done. Think I rushed to into it. What's the sort of timeframe before getting another? 

Probably 9-12 months, temples are hard def research a clinic that specializes in them 

• Like 1

Im sorry to say that i really think the graft count wasn't enough for you're needs/loss. Around 2.5k would be much more accurate and most likely would have been a possible one pass. 
I have noticed this Dr always seems to both quote low and implant lower! Another user was looking go with him, and he was again quoting a low amount. 
I would be looking elsewhere for the possible next pass. 
Not the best news, but this isnt a disaster, just look at it as the first step!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pbaird98 said:

Im sorry to say that i really think the graft count wasn't enough for you're needs/loss. Around 2.5k would be much more accurate and most likely would have been a possible one pass. 
I have noticed this Dr always seems to both quote low and implant lower! Another user was looking go with him, and he was again quoting a low amount. 
I would be looking elsewhere for the possible next pass. 
Not the best news, but this isnt a disaster, just look at it as the first step!

Yeah I think I agree. The clinic has told me not to worry about the density, but given how dense my native hair is, it'll probably need a boost. That and I do want the temples bringing in because even if it grows it'll look a bit wide and receded still, which kinda defeats the point of a HT, I think. 

It'll be a big improvement if it grows out good, but it won't solve all the issues I hoped it would and it'll bug me. I remember one clinic telling me I'd need two transplants to get a satisfactory result anyway. I'll just try to switch off from it for a few months and see what more can be done. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2024 at 5:44 PM, Phillis_x said:

Don’t suppose you have any pictures of how it ended up looking as I’m considering Dr Moussa?

Yeah. Can take some soon. 

Thoughts:

Lower graft count than what I wanted. Still unhappy with the temples (was told no to them). Think they just need a CM or so bringing in / re-angling.

Other than that, much better than how I used to be. Looking back at the first picture before the transplant...yeah it sucked for me back then honestly. I really wish I had noticed that I was receding. I just never clocked it. 

The cost was good, and quickly they were able to put forward a date for a transplant was very good. The doctor was knowledgable and the team were very professional and friendly. 

You can't tell the hair is transplanted because it sits under my regular hair. However, if I pull back everything and just show the transplanted hair, you can see it's fairly sparse. It feels course and sometimes curls up saw-tooth like, lol. 

Been on fin since nov 2022 (side note, spiked my Test insanely high), applying minox once a night to transplanted area.

I would consider an additional transplant, but it would probably be fairly far in the future. 

• Like 1