3months post Eugenix repair

Tommy1991

• Administrators

Again, the photos you presented show a marked difference after surgery. 

You don’t need to have the same lighting to see the difference. In fact, I would say the photos taken in the clinic were in harsher lighting conditions, there’s a visible difference pre-op vs. post-op, and its apparent. 

5F6E4D2A-AC74-4748-AF8D-865A9AEB4CB3.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Again, the photos you presented show a marked difference after surgery. 

You don’t need to have the same lighting to see the difference. In fact, I would say the photos taken in the clinic were in harsher lighting conditions, there’s a visible difference pre-op vs. post-op, and its apparent. 

5F6E4D2A-AC74-4748-AF8D-865A9AEB4CB3.jpeg

even the angle of the photos matter… like for like matters. 

Again, there is no shock loss. Period. There is so much higher risk of shock loss to the hairline where grafts are placed but there is none 😆so how can it happen to non recipient area within days. 

sometimes I would question the ethics of such comments…… 😊

there is such a clear evidence of this in the pre op Eugenix photo. It is so so clear. 

There is no need to jump to defence or create excuses because it is Eugenix. It should have been filled. 

This is a miss. Plain and simple. 

Edited by Tommy1991
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pbaird98 said:

Looking at you’re pics i actually think the hairline is ok, but totally understand what you’re saying regarding the area behind the newly implanted grafts. 
Rather than just reinforce the band we can see, it would have perhaps maybe better to reinforce the whole frontal third. I have no doubts it will grow in well, but yeh the disparity between the newly created hairline and where it meets your native hair may be noticeable. I’m sure @Eugenix Hair Scienceswill be able to feedback and comment on how and why it was planned this way? 

Yes the hairline we will just wait and see at the moment this is not really a main concern for me, I’m sure it will look better than before the surgery. 

The pre op photo at Eugenix really shows that area to be very thin as was my hairline. this frontal third was the entire recipient area from my transplant in Dec2016. 

Edited by Tommy1991

On 10/23/2022 at 3:18 PM, kumardarshan said:

I am confused. So is it 20 mins or couple of hours?

He said that general consensus is that grafts can be out for few hours. Eugenix does it faster. There are always at least 3 technicians extracting sorting and puting back grafts. Noone laying on the table can tell you how long each graft had been outside. 

Edited by Monero

On 10/19/2022 at 11:54 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Eugenix is not a repair clinic....Eugenix is for high Norwood first-timers on a budget. 

Repair work really needs TLC and a uniquely-tailored personalized plan.

Bisanga, Cooley, Feriduni, and Mwamba are good bets. 

Pro-tip: If you still have a generous amount of donor and can't stand your current hair situation, you may want to consider electrolysis as you are awaiting an actual repair surgery. 

Electrolysis will immediately kill all the bad hair outright and will make your actual repair surgery a lot simpler

High Norwood first timers on a budget? Who would you suggest for high norwoods on a bigger budget? I am scheduled to go to Eugenix in January to see Dr Sethi.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

even the angle of the photos matter… like for like matters. 

Again, there is no shock loss. Period. There is so much higher risk of shock loss to the hairline where grafts are placed but there is none 😆so how can it happen to non recipient area within days. 

sometimes I would question the ethics of such comments…… 😊

there is such a clear evidence of this in the pre op Eugenix photo. It is so so clear. 

There is no need to jump to defence or create excuses because it is Eugenix. It should have been filled. 

This is a miss. Plain and simple. 

I’m not defending anything, I’m merely stating the observations that are clear from the photos you posted. I would say this with any clinic under these circumstances. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

26 minutes ago, Jackhair said:

High Norwood first timers on a budget? Who would you suggest for high norwoods on a bigger budget? I am scheduled to go to Eugenix in January to see Dr Sethi.

Konior, Bisanga, H&W, etc. Any of the big name docs who have decades of experience and consistently good results.

While Eugenix in general does produce good results, they dont have a decades-long consistent track record like some of the other docs

I also have my doubts that most people will receive a truly personalized or unique surgery, the volume of patients seems too high

Also I take huge issue with their marketing tagline "Get it done once, get it done right". As a clinic specializing in high norwoods, they more than anyone should not lie and promise that surgery will be a one and done affair. 

Before the Eugenix bandwagon comes to defend them - I am not saying Eugenix is a bad clinic by any means. Just that if money is no object, there are better doctors/clinics with much more experience and consistent results

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Konior, Bisanga, H&W, etc. Any of the big name docs who have decades of experience and consistently good results.

While Eugenix in general does produce good results, they dont have a decades-long consistent track record like some of the other docs

I also have my doubts that most people will receive a truly personalized or unique surgery, the volume of patients seems too high

Also I take huge issue with their marketing tagline "Get it done once, get it done right". As a clinic specializing in high norwoods, they more than anyone should not lie and promise that surgery will be a one and done affair. 

Before the Eugenix bandwagon comes to defend them - I am not saying Eugenix is a bad clinic by any means. Just that if money is no object, there are better doctors/clinics with much more experience and consistent results

I don’t see many high Norwood cases from them compared to Eugenix.

• Administrators

@Jackhair

If you have specific questions, please create your own thread. This thread is @Tommy1991 and his concerns. If you have further questions please send me a pm. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I agree, that is absolutely not shock loss, it’s straight up poor planning. I had a similar issue after I saw my first surgeon (Lorenzo) and he left a thin area behind my hairline- see attached. Whenever my hair was wet or styled with product, the thin area stood out like an eyesore.

My personal advice: wait patiently for growth, then see a recommended doctor from here that takes part in all steps and does only one patient per day. Don’t go back to someone that wronged you.

86863571-CD29-4116-8B9A-89A91D03D9C8.thumb.jpeg.300624497091b07a8c6714c1708e7a07.jpeg

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 1

As someone who is a eugenix patient and loves their work, I have a recommendation which maybe helpful to avoid such circumstances. There's nothing worse than a unsatisfied patient and I'm sure this will be taken in the right spirit. Undoubtedly, the hospitality, skillset, post-op care are excellent. But there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that some improvements in the planning phase (especially in packages other than super premium) need to be done.

I feel that if the doctor himself/herself cannot give more then 10 minutes per patient, there may be ways to handle this. For example, a junior doctor can have a pre-consultation with the patient for 30+ minutes and make a complete plan with punch size, punch type, exact area to be implanted, proposed donor harvest, outline of donor, desired hairline,junior doctor's proposed hairline etc. So when Dr arika walks into the room to draw the hairline, She already has the proposed plan on a iPad. Both the doctor and the patient already has a rough idea of a plan and then they can soften out the rough edges and create the perfect plan in those final 10 mins of consultation. This way the patient will feel that the plan has had a personal touch from Dr arika as she will review and change it according to her experience. And the patient will already know which questions to bring up as he would have had the time to ponder over the plan and nothing would feel rushed. I think this 2 layer approach from eugenix will solve so many of the problems here and give eugenix a final touch to be exceptional.

So here are my two cents on this issue. I've just said what I felt after going through these posts, if it's a stupid or unimplementable thing then excuse my ignorance. 😅

Edited by keratin_matters
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, keratin_matters said:

As someone who is a eugenix patient and loves their work, I have a recommendation which maybe helpful to avoid such circumstances. There's nothing worse than a unsatisfied patient and I'm sure this will be taken in the right spirit. Undoubtedly, the hospitality, skillset, post-op care are excellent. But there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that some improvements in the planning phase (especially in packages other than super premium) need to be done.

I feel that if the doctor himself/herself cannot give more then 10 minutes per patient, there may be ways to handle this. For example, a junior doctor can have a pre-consultation with the patient for 30+ minutes and make a complete plan with punch size, punch type, exact area to be implanted, proposed donor harvest, outline of donor, desired hairline,junior doctor's proposed hairline etc. So when Dr arika walks into the room to draw the hairline, She already has the proposed plan on a iPad. Both the doctor and the patient already has a rough idea of a plan and then they can soften out the rough edges and create the perfect plan in those final 10 mins of consultation. This way the patient will feel that the plan has had a personal touch from Dr arika as she will review and change it according to her experience. And the patient will already know which questions to bring up as he would have had the time to ponder over the plan and nothing would feel rushed. I think this 2 layer approach from eugenix will solve so many of the problems here and give eugenix a final touch to be exceptional.

So here are my two cents on this issue. I've just said what I felt after going through these posts, if it's a stupid or unimplementable thing then excuse my ignorance. 😅

Thanks for that! Can’t argue with you there… seems like a pretty accurate view. 

During the assessment (hair not shaved) the areas to be addressed were marked. 
I was shown in small handheld mirror and at that point I said okay. 
I discussed with some other doctors, 3 multi haired grafts to be extracted from the right hand of the hairline. Those are the 3 dots noted above. 
it all seemed good to go from my perspective and I had complete faith, 100% in the hands of Dr Arika. 

I was brought for photos, then for shearing then back for more photos. From which point I did not see the hair. 
I feel at this point someone should have said, hey you need to see this…. Etc etc etc… or at least just don’t stop with a dense line… my view is very strong on this and I would be glad to hear other opinions on it… Seeing my hair like that and stopping with a dense line really is so disappointing and just is a big no no (in my view) whatever about plan, in my eyes it is called initiative….maybe doctors don’t like to do it??? to stagger grafts in that area. 

within 2days I did contact one of the guys at Eugenix (Om) questioning the gaps on the start of that final third of hairline and the slightly lowering of the hairline which was not be done. He assured me it would be a great result and was a genuine nice guy…so I will wait the 12months and see.   
this thread was created to inform people of my experience, mainly of the issues and good to see you have noted that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I agree, that is absolutely not shock loss, it’s straight up poor planning. I had a similar issue after I saw my first surgeon (Lorenzo) and he left a thin area behind my hairline- see attached. Whenever my hair was wet or styled with product, the thin area stood out like an eyesore.

My personal advice: wait patiently for growth, then see a recommended doctor from here that takes part in all steps and does only one patient per day. Don’t go back to someone that wronged you.

86863571-CD29-4116-8B9A-89A91D03D9C8.thumb.jpeg.300624497091b07a8c6714c1708e7a07.jpeg

Thanks, yeah it seems pretty much like an identical issue.

I spent years looking for a possible repair doctor candidate with the credentials for repairs, Dr Cooley, Dr Feridini, Dr Wong and Eugenix was my shortlist.. 

dr Cooley whom I visited twice whilst in Charlotte, he outright told me he would not be 100% comfortable with doing my repair but he would be confident to make an improvement. 
Dr Feridini had a huge waiting list…. 
dr Wong wanted to cut my head off 😂 (excision of the hairline) which I really didn’t want but he was pretty confident of a great final result. I was not willing to go for it. 

In the end, I went with Eugenix based on their repair cases I viewed and the expertise of Dr Arika and the video consultation. 

look there is no way I am convinced this will be a bad result at all, Dr Arika overseen this whole procedure and performed most of it herself. I am really confident about everything that has been done, But just this fact bugs me because it was not done and not addressed to me I suppose. 

if you’ve had yours filled since it would be interesting to see? I quickly viewed your profile but did not find anything on it.  Cheers! 

5 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

I spent years looking for a possible repair doctor candidate with the credentials for repairs, Dr Cooley, Dr Feridini, Dr Wong and Eugenix was my shortlist.. 

dr Cooley whom I visited twice whilst in Charlotte, he outright told me he would not be 100% comfortable with doing my repair but he would be confident to make an improvement. 
dr Wong wanted to cut my head off 😂 (excision of the hairline) which I really didn’t want but he was pretty confident of a great final result. I was not willing to go for it. 

In the end, I went with Eugenix based on their repair cases I viewed and the expertise of Dr Arika and the video consultation. 

look there is no way I am convinced this will be a bad result at all, Dr Arika overseen this whole procedure and performed most of it herself. I am really confident about everything that has been done, But just this fact bugs me because it was not done and not addressed to me I suppose. 

if you’ve had yours filled since it would be interesting to see? I quickly viewed your profile but did not find anything on it.  Cheers! 

I did get a repair procedure with Konior (night and day difference in terms of planning and doctor involvement- he’s very meticulous) but it’s still relatively early days. Message me in a couple months and I’ll hopefully be able to give you an update.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tommy1991 said:

What do you mean by Dr Wong wanted to cut your head off?? I'm getting repaired with him next week.

Also, thanks for sharing your honest experience about this clinic

2 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

What do you mean by Dr Wong wanted to cut your head off?? I'm getting repaired with him next week.

Also, thanks for sharing your honest experience about this clinic

Haha! Just an expression for the hairline excision!! Sure you’ll be in great hands, he’s a top doc!

@Tommy1991 Maybe they did not add density in that area as going in between the existing grafts would have killed them. That's what happened with this person, they could not add density in between existing grafts as they feared the grafts would be killed:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55750-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2-bad-hair-transplants/?do=findComment&comment=590556

3 hours ago, bigmistake said:

@Tommy1991 Maybe they did not add density in that area as going in between the existing grafts would have killed them. That's what happened with this person, they could not add density in between existing grafts as they feared the grafts would be killed:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55750-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2-bad-hair-transplants/?do=findComment&comment=590556

Nah mate, this is totally not the same! From what I read online, some clinics use it as an excuse, those who know better would not accept such an excuse..

Why on earth would the Eugenix team fill the hairline if that is the case? Look at my before photos.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pbaird98 said:

Yeh to me it was all about the planning, I tagged @Eugenix Hair Sciencesin a earlier post and they didn’t respond unfortunately.

Much as Eugenix have really good results here it’s doesn’t mean to say we can’t discuss what seems like poor planning on their behalf. 

No excuse really for poor planning imo. Patients are literally flying to the other side of the globe for surgery only to be rushed through the process. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

No excuse really for poor planning imo. Patients are literally flying to the other side of the globe for surgery only to be rushed through the process. 

Agree 100% shouldn’t be excused at all, I really can’t understand why it was planned like this.

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor

Hi Tommy,

I wonder if you have pictures from before your very first surgery? Your pics from prior to your Eugenix surgery clearly show some shoddy work having been done on you. I’m sorry you had to seek a repair! Can you tell/show us more about that initial surgery? Who did it, how many grafts etc? To me it looks like your hairline should have been taken back up as your initial surgery looked very, very aggressive, but maybe you always had a smaller forehead & that wasn’t the case  would be keen to see the full context  

I’m a Eugenix patient, too. I’ve had really good results but with some little issues that will need refinement, all of which I think could have been mitigated with more care & time in the planning stage. That part of the Eugenix process is quick, and I had submitted that feedback in my thread & they had responded saying they’d taken it on board. Seems maybe that hasn’t been the case which is a shame to learn. The good news is that their post op care is notoriously good, so you’ll be in good hands throughout the journey. 

13 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Hi Tommy,

I wonder if you have pictures from before your very first surgery? Your pics from prior to your Eugenix surgery clearly show some shoddy work having been done on you. I’m sorry you had to seek a repair! Can you tell/show us more about that initial surgery? Who did it, how many grafts etc? To me it looks like your hairline should have been taken back up as your initial surgery looked very, very aggressive, but maybe you always had a smaller forehead & that wasn’t the case  would be keen to see the full context  

I’m a Eugenix patient, too. I’ve had really good results but with some little issues that will need refinement, all of which I think could have been mitigated with more care & time in the planning stage. That part of the Eugenix process is quick, and I had submitted that feedback in my thread & they had responded saying they’d taken it on board. Seems maybe that hasn’t been the case which is a shame to learn. The good news is that their post op care is notoriously good, so you’ll be in good hands throughout the journey. 

Thanks for that, I will have look for the photos not something I have readily available unfortunately.

I had 3000 grafts from initial surgery. Yeah and the hairline was lowered too much, around 0.5cm too much I would say. Dr Balwi and his team, of course  was led to believe he would be performing the surgery but he did not.

Yeah, look in hindsight I would not go to Eugenix for a repair ever again. As I said in my initial post, I have many concerns and if all mentioned, people will just state wait for the 12months... But the two big ones for me, the gaps that were not filled and the hairline was slightly lowered by another 1-2mm, which I noted the following day... 

I am 100% sure I will need a touch up, especially finding a suitable doctor that will take back my hairline by 5mm or so.

Yeah, but the post op care is pointless to me if the planning was not correct, and my comment ignored. Post op care will not fix that.

I will have a look at your threads for results.