Eugenix my doubts

Hello. My previous photos are in this thread 

I signed up for surgery at Eugenix half a year ago. I was offered about 3,000 grafts for my crown. I have a package for 120 rupees and the operation time is very close. 

When I signed up this clinic had perfect reviews. I haven't been following the forum lately. But now I saw 3 unsuccessful cases.. The donor area looks bad. now I have doubts.

Now I have doubts. Has the quality of the clinic fallen during this time? I chose the Rs 120 package because I only have a crown and I don't think it's difficult. But I'm worried that the back of my head will be damaged. Do you think it is worth going there, and even with a low package? Maybe my doubts are in vain

3 minutes ago, Westview said:

Even the best clinics will have failed hair transplants

this

thats why hairtransplant should be last ressort. keeping your hair should be goal number 1. honestly, i think the risks of developing serious side effects from finasteride are lower then the risks of a hairtransplant going wrong

5 minutes ago, Westview said:

Even the best clinics will have failed hair transplants

In a way yes, but it's a dangerous argument to make.

If a clinic hears critique they might first think "not good, we need to shape up and tighten the quality".

Then someone says "all clinics have failures".

The clinic reads that answer and thinks "phew, so now we can relax. No need to tighten up quality because all clinics have failures".

I'm not sure that is what we should aim for.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you have doubts go elsewhere. You should be 100% confident in your choice. Remember doing nothing is never a bad choice.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I mean if youre going to allow 3 situations to change your mind that easily, i dont know what to tell you..

They have fantastic results for high NWs and thats why im going there.

To each their own, and as Melvin said, if youre not comfortable, go elsewhere. good luck.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Eugenix has hundreds if not thousands of successful patients between this forum and others like it, and those are just the cases online. There is no such thing as a 100% success rate, and so there will always be negative cases. Bear in mind also the less positive patient outcomes are often the ones we hear from the loudest.

I strongly agree with what @BaldingEagle1 said. If your determination to get a hair transplant is cast in doubt by 3 off cases then I don't think you should get a hair transplant at all, let alone at Eugenix. Your risk tolerance might not be appropriate.

• Like 4

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you have doubts go elsewhere. You should be 100% confident in your choice. Remember doing nothing is never a bad choice.

I can't agree with this enough. There were several clinics where I was mostly sure of, like 99%, had the opportunity to put down a deposit, but since it's such an important procedure, I didn't go through with it. So glad I did, it was the absolutely right choice each time. I eventually ended up with the best possible clinic for my case and wouldn't have done that if I just went with one of the 99% clinics. 

22 hours ago, rob7331 said:

Eugenix has hundreds if not thousands of successful patients between this forum and others like it, and those are just the cases online. There is no such thing as a 100% success rate, and so there will always be negative cases. Bear in mind also the less positive patient outcomes are often the ones we hear from the loudest.

I strongly agree with what @BaldingEagle1 said. If your determination to get a hair transplant is cast in doubt by 3 off cases then I don't think you should get a hair transplant at all, let alone at Eugenix. Your risk tolerance might not be appropriate.

I was considering Eugenix due to their experience with beard grafts. I would have been ok with the flaw rate if it was the same team each time with heavy doctor involvement, so they can pin point what went wrong each time, but it seems to have a high number of technicians, and the doctor only seems to be there a fraction of the time, so in those conditions it might be harder to pinpoint what went wrong. I could be wrong with how I eliminated them from consideration, but like Melvin said, you need to be 100%, it was the approach I took towards repair and it has 100% worked out for me. 

Edited by HairRun
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, HairRun said:

I was considering Eugenix due to their experience with beard grafts. I would have been ok with the failure rate if it was the same team each time with heavy doctor involvement, so they can pin point what went wrong each time, but it seems to have a high number of technicians, and the doctor only seems to be there a fraction of the time, so in those conditions it might be harder to pinpoint what went wrong. I could be wrong with how I eliminated them from consideration, but like Melvin said, you need to be 100%, it was the approach I took towards repair and it has 100% worked out for me. 

Could you point me to these failures? I have seen some shoddy donor work from them but no outright failures as in low survivability or unnatural looking hairlines

1 hour ago, botchedguy95 said:

Could you point me to these failures? I have seen some shoddy donor work from them but no outright failures as in low survivability or unnatural looking hairlines

Failure rate was not the most accurate term, I was thinking of an engineering term but failure sounds like very little yield, so I updated the comment to say flaw rate. 

• Like 1

I can only say what my experience was and that was that my technicians at Eugenix were fantastic. Not every case is going to come out perfect, but what you're really looking for to built HT trust is proper use of the donor area and obviously high quality practices during the procedure. Eugenix did a great job on me, 4,000 scalp donor removed and about 1 month out I can already tell that very soon it will be completely unnoticeable that anything was taken from the back. If you're super close to your procedure time, I would not a few isolated cases of substandard outcomes/regrowth to change your plans. Just my perspective.

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...