When in your relationship with your partner did you reveal you had a hair transplant?

hplant

I started dating a girl 6-8 months before I had my hair transplant.. and as we were dating I was secretly arranging it. I kept it secret cuz in the beginning I wasn’t sure if she was going to be long term anyway, so what would be the point opening up to someone was my line of thinking. About 2 months to go until surgery I realized I obviously wouldn’t ne able to hide it from her once it happened so I let her know. It was really hard at that time to get to that point to tell her.. many times I has planned too and then pulled out from doing it. Eventually one day I let her know and she was very understanding, and I’m very lucky as I’m still w her today. It surprised her as well as my hair wasn’t even bad so she didn’t fully understand it right away, but supported my decision all the way. 

it was a great relief to be able to tell her too 

• Like 2

I would wait until the relationship is more settled. Having a HT is not an attractive feature. The truth is women like confident men not men who are worried about their hair. Then again for women, having a HT is not a big deal. So if you  tell her this casually without making a big deal out of it, you're probably gonna be ok. Meanimng I would not tell her about the risks and the long term commitment etc

I Think women in general are more aware to importance of aesthetics (hence will support your decision) and will probably be much less judgemental than we think of them :)

Edited by Yan bio

I told my then-girlfriend (now wife) that I use fibers roughly 5 months after we started dating, and that I’m looking into a hair transplant. She was very supportive and even helped me put on the fibers. It’s been years since and she came with me and took good care of my new grafts 😂

Most women I would imagine will support your decision. People that judge — friends, lover or family — aren’t worth your time.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2

I can't believe that people are still worried about this in 2022.

Most if not all of A list male celebrities have had their hair done at some point. It's completely acceptable and if anything, a status symbol for men. You should be super open about this with everyone in your life. Would you mind if a girl you were dating told you she was planning on get breast implants? You'd probably think even more highly of her. 

If we do not spearhead breaking any remaining taboos around HT's, then who?

Your gf should be your "partner in crime". I can't imagine myself being with someone im not comfortable enough to reveal all my dirty secrets and insecurities.

And, most girls love a guy who cares for his looks.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

4 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I can't believe that people are still worried about this in 2022.

Most if not all of A list male celebrities have had their hair done at some point. It's completely acceptable and if anything, a status symbol for men. You should be super open about this with everyone in your life. Would you mind if a girl you were dating told you she was planning on get breast implants? You'd probably think even more highly of her. 

If we do not spearhead breaking any remaining taboos around HT's, then who?

That is hollywood my friend. I personally do not know a single person who had a HT.  Comparing a lifelong commitment like HT to a one and done like breasts op is also a bit off in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Your gf should be your "partner in crime". I can't imagine myself being with someone im not comfortable enough to reveal all my dirty secrets and insecurities.

And, most girls love a guy who cares for his looks.

Yeah ok but that is when you are already in an established relationship dude.  HTs just rimes insecurities. And women love confident guys.So there is good reason to wait a while and then tell her without maiking a big deal out of it  

Maybe it's because I live in Los Angeles, but in my experience, nobody cares if any of us have hair transplants. I don't know where a lot of people get this notion that it's frowned upon or deemed unattractive or embarrassing. (And while I'm sure there are some people who would judge you for it, those are likely the exact types of people you don't want to date anyway, if I'm being honest.)

I understand being apprehensive at first about how upfront to be about it. I was the same way when I got my procedure. But I can assure you that almost all of those fears are unfounded, and if anything, people are intrigued by it more than anything. 

These days, I nonchalantly mention it anytime the conversation presents itself... Twice, actually, in the past month alone in front of a small group of people... And both times, the response consisted of shock and enthusiastic disbelief, followed by sooo many questions, intrigue, and lots of compliments on how good it looks. Lol. So unless I live in an alternate universe, I promise you nobody will think negatively of you for getting one... Especially not a significant other. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor

I don't have one girlfriend at the moment. I have several! 😉But to be honest I have always told previous girlfriends that I've worn a hair piece, had a hair transplant but only if they asked. Same with SMP. In life I've found that if you don't care then people don't care. Then it's out of the way and you just move on. All the best.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mike10 said:

That is hollywood my friend. I personally do not know a single person who had a HT.  Comparing a lifelong commitment like HT to a one and done like breasts op is also a bit off in my opinion. 

Ive been to parties & seen guys just back from Turkey after a hair transplant. No one cares its very very common in 2022 for people to get one