Are there differences among top hair transplant doctors on approaches to hairline design, placement and angles? Or is it pretty much text book now?

I've seen principles where they use landmarks to great the hairline design. Rule of 3rd, 1 finger away from top forehead crease. So it is pretty much the same now? Follow the principles? Or, is there variation on what top hair transplant doctors do? 

The top doctors all have different design philosophies that also represent which cases they shine the most in.

For examples;

Freitas is aggressive with hairline design and creates very nice NW1 hairlines.

Hasson uses dense packing to provide natural results whilst also factoring in final norwood pattern, safe/unsafe donor area to get the most hair on your head without compromizing donor area.

Sethi likes to take on more challenging cases and higher norwoods, this is where his skill lies and he is a believer in using beard grafts for added density.

You got to get a list of names, know where their best work is and what their "vision" of the best practices for a hair transplant and you choose the one that thinks suits your case.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

I mean different doctors do things based on what they think works best but doctors are always willing to discuss with you what you want out of a transplant. It's not like Dr. Hasson can't do less dense packed results, he just opts for dense packing because he feels the results are better that way

6 minutes ago, FixMyHair213 said:

there philosophies and methods are different but all follow a basic principle when making it. I personally like the way eugenix makes hairlines. 

Im not sure what basic principles you are referring to. Any quack can take hair from the back of your head and implant it in the front of your head

What do you like specifically about eugenix hairlines?

I've been trying to look at the differences between Shapiro, Freitas, Cuoto, Feriduni, Ferreira, and Pinto. So far I am not able to figure it out. If you showed me one of their patients, no way I would be able to point who it was done at. 

Edited by HairRun

15 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Im not sure what basic principles you are referring to. Any quack can take hair from the back of your head and implant it in the front of your head

What do you like specifically about eugenix hairlines?

I mean basic principles when designing the hairline and I think the hairlines they design look extremely natural and follow what is normal in nature. By different philosophies I mean some Drs go for a more youthful and aggressive hairline if its possible to do so some go for a more conservative look as to try and use as much less grafts as possible, some go for something in between etc. They are all great drs that produce good results. people just need to do there research and see what suits them best for there situation.  

Edited by FixMyHair213
adding extra information

I think there are general rules and guidelines in place, but each surgeon is ultimately going to use their own unique understanding of the situation and the patient in front of them to ultimately do what they think is best... And even though that may vary from surgeon to surgeon, it doesn't necessarily mean there's a right and a wrong way. 

One example that comes to mind is how different races/ethnicities tend to have different shaped hairlines - but that doesn't mean there's going to be a textbook Caucasian hairline, Asian hairline, etc. " Formula" for them to follow blindly. It just means that the doctor will work within different parameters, but ultimately make a decision on hairline design based on the patient in from of him and what he thinks would most suit that person. 

Dr. Mohebi has mentioned to me that hairline design is one of his favorite aspects of the procedure, and he personally views it as its own art form. And just like with any type of art, you have the "rules"  - and then you have "creative expression", so to speak. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

There is a lot of variation across clinics and doctors in the way they create hairlines. I feel that Eugenix is an example of a clinic's philosophy that really gets it right (the goal should be to create as natural a hairline as possible for a man who would normally be experiencing slow hairline maturing over a lifetime). In my opinion, the things that must be avoided are concave hairlines (hairlines that resemble women's natural hairlines), unnaturally curved temple areas, and lack of expertise in using single-hair grafts/lighter hairs on the hairline (multiple-hair grafts used on the hairline will look too harsh and unnatural).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWmE-d3aq20&list=PLv1klGUHsEMAMQ1tWdKzOky1QGU_Pwzmu&index=17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9xwD3h2PM&list=PLv1klGUHsEMAMQ1tWdKzOky1QGU_Pwzmu&index=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfw0Zrw5iJw&list=PLv1klGUHsEMAMQ1tWdKzOky1QGU_Pwzmu&index=21

Edited by general-etwan