3025 graft fue Hasson & Wong (Dr. Wong)

On 3/8/2023 at 3:35 AM, mister_25 said:

Update? Should be heading to 6 months or so soon.

On 3/9/2023 at 9:58 AM, Der3k7 said:

Yeah update?

12 hours ago, subjecthair69 said:

update?

Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay. Here is week 22, the 5.5 month mark :)

These photos are sliiiightly less bright/light heavy than the previous images but still gives a good idea, are near an open window/under an overhead, etc. Post wash, no product, fibers, or blow drying. A bit of bed head as I am just up from a nap however ha.

Honestly dudes, the update is late because I’ve been too happy/busy living life to think much about my hair. After these couple years of it dominating my thoughts/self esteem, feels pretty damn good I must say. I’m sure it won’t last forever, but best believe I’m going to enjoy this peace while it lasts. 

Worth noting I have trimmed the donor down several times over the past few months and probably will again here pretty soon as to maintain a favorable top/side ratio.

C805DB5E-EAB5-4D1C-855E-ED70F7E22828.thumb.jpeg.7e60b445937fb0a0a813ad85f36394d2.jpeg144EC9CB-1152-47D3-A8DE-57951CA3D217.thumb.jpeg.a12c387aa48d7a314cf33004d2e1c324.jpegFEB1038D-4D2F-4412-B2C6-C44FB745CA76.thumb.jpeg.25ab98ad7a39bba3409807068690ea22.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FollicleFella said:

These photos are sliiiightly less bright/light heavy than the previous images but still gives a good idea, are near an open window/under an overhead, etc. Post wash, no product, fibers, or blow drying. A bit of bed head as I am just up from a nap however ha.

Honestly dudes, the update is late because I’ve been too happy/busy living life to think much about my hair. After these couple years of it dominating my thoughts/self esteem, feels pretty damn good I must say. I’m sure it won’t last forever, but best believe I’m going to enjoy this peace while it lasts. 

Worth noting I have trimmed the donor down several times over the past few months and probably will again here pretty soon as to maintain a favorable top/side ratio.

C805DB5E-EAB5-4D1C-855E-ED70F7E22828.thumb.jpeg.7e60b445937fb0a0a813ad85f36394d2.jpeg144EC9CB-1152-47D3-A8DE-57951CA3D217.thumb.jpeg.a12c387aa48d7a314cf33004d2e1c324.jpegFEB1038D-4D2F-4412-B2C6-C44FB745CA76.thumb.jpeg.25ab98ad7a39bba3409807068690ea22.jpeg

Incredible, it nearly looks like you haven't lost anything!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, milito_22 said:

Wow great result! Congrats! I am at 5.5 month mark as well, and now I can say that my hair transplant has miserably failed

Could you start your own thread with some pictures?

No growth at 5.5 moths is extremely rare

Edited by BurnieBurns

On 3/12/2023 at 10:49 PM, FollicleFella said:

Looks beautiful already! So much improvement at just 5.5 months and what's it's still to come.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

7 month update!

Hey all

Including 3 sets of pictures here. All are taken in afternoon natural light in front of some pretty big bay windows for (hopefully) max visibility.

1) combed immediately post shower + shampoo/conditioning, no product or drying 

these represent what the hair looks like at its “worst”: wet, no coverage assistance, and weighed down from the conditioner

B8072902-DD8E-4C48-BB32-F36EBC3BE79A.thumb.jpeg.cb8c31210cdd6f6c8bd9225290cc4f53.jpegDBC653A3-7495-43A2-A030-5102A6BB547F.thumb.jpeg.1e58428feabca7aac3119baa1e05fc98.jpeg66A8D085-4E92-4C16-BB00-B9DF750A19E2.thumb.jpeg.6c88e550714ee197cc6fcbeda480326f.jpeg2CF84817-24B0-465C-A0B0-F52F11CA90DE.thumb.jpeg.1b9d1e656c319843b35464714b1d5ce1.jpeg52E4068C-F56B-43DB-B18E-C7734BC965CE.thumb.jpeg.e3ae772650a41740b28901ee3d700047.jpeg

Obviously sucks seeing through to the scalp as such but if this is the “straight out the pool” status I’ll definitely take it haha.

2) air dried, no product or coverage assistance 

these then represent how the hair looks normally with nothing in it day to day 

4BA17CD5-7B5D-4CC5-B257-C580639D6527.thumb.jpeg.cc76e0a243013467be6530df7a4ebcea.jpeg578F1C5B-6107-477E-BF20-4B7B55D3B393.thumb.jpeg.b8ec716cb15c8c3c4ac0770d0fb4ce0f.jpegC2BD4873-7E02-43A4-A9AB-80D99D415AC6.thumb.jpeg.bdbebb995add14376f44813916b049d3.jpegDB26F0D8-7F78-4CAE-B739-66A8246F324F.thumb.jpeg.64eff81a57e5e25f960d7804abc6c859.jpeg

and finally 3) with blow dryer, light product + light hair fibers

these represent how I style the hair for functions/meetings. Not hugely different from nothing in it but definitely a tightening up of the corners as it were, along with some volume enhancement. Fwiw I kinda ran through it for this but it can be style much more “coverage effective” by pushing the hair forward or to the side.

3039D1F6-1C42-46FB-87CC-2E5C820A517D.thumb.jpeg.e176fe10e59ef376c3564ed03bebd483.jpeg26955DBE-A1F2-422B-AA98-C2C07B2D6066.thumb.jpeg.d991a6e5049ef8fda659f31d5978bf86.jpeg9DE2B374-EB37-4BF6-8DD2-ABDC9103AF5C.thumb.jpeg.e5b102f2f6735f8397c9a161e69f5161.jpeg934F6BDE-68AF-485D-8937-95C7B146E60D.thumb.jpeg.75c0a209fdd5105b4d47d576a0cebf80.jpeg

Hopefull it helps gents! I know when I was considering, it was helpful to get multiple iterations of the same situation in different contexts. I still have yet to cut any hair on the recipient area, and will be buzzing down the sides pretty soon again here. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

dude looks like he never had any hair loss.. 

My starting point was relatively early…beginning of the thread has my before pictures. I wore it longer for better coverage but I’ve been noticeably (to me) thinning for the past 2-3 years so could’ve started the process as much as 5 years ago…I’m 32 now, planning on needing at least 1-2 more procedures over the years.

8 hours ago, FollicleFella said:

My starting point was relatively early…beginning of the thread has my before pictures. I wore it longer for better coverage but I’ve been noticeably (to me) thinning for the past 2-3 years so could’ve started the process as much as 5 years ago…I’m 32 now, planning on needing at least 1-2 more procedures over the years.

Are you on meds?

1 minute ago, TorontoMan said:

Are you on meds?

I am not brother. Gave them a shot like 2 years ago for a couple months and whether psychosomatic or otherwise I just couldn’t hang with em. Played around with dosing/frequency, etc. After about a month off everything was good as new though. 

I am open to trying oral or topical fin again (probably in that order while assessing effects). That said I’m looking to push it (hormonal intervention) for as long as possible. Definitely want to go at least another year from now on this surgery and see where things are at. 

In an ideal world, this surgery will keep me somewhere I want to be until I’m 35+ (3 1/2 years from now), at which point I’d consider another one or revisiting medication depending how it looks. Obviously ones progression/real life events will inform this actual trajectory. Being gucci on this surgery alone and no meds until 40 would be amazing but that’s probably not an expectation one should move forward with. 

Hoping my experience with medication is different next time should I try it! I’m very open to the concept of nocebo and the fact that I was a bit younger/grappling with the initial shock of hair loss which was unexpected for me. A lot of negative things at the time I perceived to be correlated with the meds could’ve been primarily my emotional state for sure (was also Covid and a mad stressful work time).

4 hours ago, FollicleFella said:

I am not brother. Gave them a shot like 2 years ago for a couple months and whether psychosomatic or otherwise I just couldn’t hang with em. Played around with dosing/frequency, etc. After about a month off everything was good as new though. 

I am open to trying oral or topical fin again (probably in that order while assessing effects). That said I’m looking to push it (hormonal intervention) for as long as possible. Definitely want to go at least another year from now on this surgery and see where things are at. 

In an ideal world, this surgery will keep me somewhere I want to be until I’m 35+ (3 1/2 years from now), at which point I’d consider another one or revisiting medication depending how it looks. Obviously ones progression/real life events will inform this actual trajectory. Being gucci on this surgery alone and no meds until 40 would be amazing but that’s probably not an expectation one should move forward with. 

Hoping my experience with medication is different next time should I try it! I’m very open to the concept of nocebo and the fact that I was a bit younger/grappling with the initial shock of hair loss which was unexpected for me. A lot of negative things at the time I perceived to be correlated with the meds could’ve been primarily my emotional state for sure (was also Covid and a mad stressful work time).

Yes I think there are a few major factors that contribute to someone's relationship with the medication that we cannot really quantify. 
The first being that more often than not the medication is started by someone to mitigate a very emotionally difficult situation. So starting off in a distressed position will often lead to someone perpetuating the same negative emotions over a long period of time, and they often don't realize that. 

The second would be not knowing what they're willing to give up, or simply what trade-offs work for them. I believe that some side effects are real, but I believe that minor observed side effects are amplified by the individual's psych as well. That's a whole a lot of assumption on my end, however, everyone has to do their best to answer how they would feel about themselves if the worst case scenario happened with the progression of their MPB. If you can't bring yourself to shave your head right now for example and live like that for a few months, then ask yourself how comfortable would that make you in some period of time. Would that essentially give you similar or different side effects in any case. So I guess we have to learn what we are willing to tolerate. 

Anyway my two cents there, I think your hair looks great and will def be supported with medication, maybe give it another go being in a better place now and see what you experience. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Yes I think there are a few major factors that contribute to someone's relationship with the medication that we cannot really quantify. 
The first being that more often than not the medication is started by someone to mitigate a very emotionally difficult situation. So starting off in a distressed position will often lead to someone perpetuating the same negative emotions over a long period of time, and they often don't realize that. 

The second would be not knowing what they're willing to give up, or simply what trade-offs work for them. I believe that some side effects are real, but I believe that minor observed side effects are amplified by the individual's psych as well. That's a whole a lot of assumption on my end, however, everyone has to do their best to answer how they would feel about themselves if the worst case scenario happened with the progression of their MPB. If you can't bring yourself to shave your head right now for example and live like that for a few months, then ask yourself how comfortable would that make you in some period of time. Would that essentially give you similar or different side effects in any case. So I guess we have to learn what we are willing to tolerate. 

Anyway my two cents there, I think your hair looks great and will def be supported with medication, maybe give it another go being in a better place now and see what you experience. 

Really interesting/salient points my friend thank you.

• Administrators

Incredible results at 6 months, wow so happy for you brotha 

E0E7A057-736F-45E3-B533-3D5C84DE073D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Congrats man! Was wondering how you were progressing. Your density looks amazing, even your wet look is sweet. Really happy for you. What do you think of the fibres? I've sometimes toyed with the idea of giving them a try.

• Thanks 1

Loved the results and your approach of conservative hairline which makes it look so natural.

You are using blow dryer, haircut, combing and hair fibers in the best possible manner and have hence easily put off idea of re-starting meds too soon after last incidents of side-effects and also second surgery can be delayed as you have already some tools to fight off any thinning look and incase you want to use topical version then hopefully you can reach age of 40 without any more loss and by then  hairloss should have stabilized a lot and you can again fill in the thinning areas and keep the same density as you have now. Imagine this density at 40. Even people with minimal hairloss will be jealous.

4 hours ago, hockeyman said:

Congrats man! Was wondering how you were progressing. Your density looks amazing, even your wet look is sweet. Really happy for you. What do you think of the fibres? I've sometimes toyed with the idea of giving them a try.

Thank you hockeybro I appreciate it. Definitely really pleased with the results thus far. Your support has been awesome.

Mannnnn I’ll be honest about the hair fibers…do it haha…I’d never considered touching them until my ugly duckling phase drove me to pull out all the stops and I have to say it’s a great product. It’s functionally no different than adding another styling product (takes 1-3 mins with your hands). I was super worried about it looking obvious (either when using or without), melting off in the rain/during exercise, getting all over my dates hands etc…but that hasn’t been the case at all, especially if you use it in conjunction with cream/spray to style/hold. I don’t use very much though, just a light sprinkling layer spread post cream/paste and prior spray if I use it (don’t always use hair spray) and placebo or not there’s a qualitative difference for sure. If there’s a noticeable amount coming off on my fingers by touching the hair after applying then I know for me I’m using too much.

Frankly, I think I could’ve delayed my ht by another year pretty happily/easily had I known about the hair fibers before. Happy it went down how it did for me/wouldn’t change it but if I can impart that possibility for you then highly recommend giving it a shot! Definitely get the right color (I use the light brown). It seems to be ideal for dudes like us that have a relatively decent hairline/hair quality but are losing too much density/thinning for our liking and seeing scalp where we’d rather not.