5 months post transplant

4 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Almost 5 months after transplant very little hair growth is there something wrong?

Screenshot_20220922-183728_Messages.jpg

I would definitely say that doesn’t look good for 5 months at all BUT do you mind sharing more photos of before the hair transplant, post op and then also the progress over the last 4 months. 

If you are willing to, also name the clinic to help others researching. It's not necessarily that you have had a bad result yet but you may need to be really patient. 

Just now, NARMAK said:

I would definitely say that doesn’t look good for 5 months at all BUT do you mind sharing more photos of before the hair transplant, post op and then also the progress over the last 4 months. 

If you are willing to, also name the clinic to help others researching. It's not necessarily that you have had a bad result yet but you may need to be really patient. 

Natural hair transplants is the clinic its located in Maryland there's barley any progress growing very slow looks like a few wispy hairs in the front 

25 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Natural hair transplants is the clinic its located in Maryland there's barley any progress growing very slow looks like a few wispy hairs in the front 

Thanks for sharing their name. Perhaps providing pictures, graft counts etc. may help too but and i don't want to lie to you, this generally isn't what you would expect on average to see at 5 months BUT it also doesn't mean a clear failure. 

The picture you posted isn't the highest detail so it's hard to see if you zoomed in whether we'd see new hairs slowly starting to sprout. Just bear in mind, that it could take longer for these to not only grow, but start to thicken and mature. So instead of just focusing on it right now, imagine there's 7+ months of progress left to see how things shake out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks for sharing their name. Perhaps providing pictures, graft counts etc. may help too but and i don't want to lie to you, this generally isn't what you would expect on average to see at 5 months BUT it also doesn't mean a clear failure. 

The picture you posted isn't the highest detail so it's hard to see if you zoomed in whether we'd see new hairs slowly starting to sprout. Just bear in mind, that it could take longer for these to not only grow, but start to thicken and mature. So instead of just focusing on it right now, imagine there's 7+ months of progress left to see how things shake out. 

I forgot how many grafts they put in but this is a couple days after the procedure

Screenshot_20220922-192020_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Difficult to tell because of photo quality but it doesn't look like they really put many grafts in there. I see very few and very spread out. Doesn't look like much was done.

I'm gonna prob get another transplant by the 6-8 month mark if this doesn't improve 

6 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Don't remember how many grafts they put in but this is before transplant 

Screenshot_20220922-192225_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to be completely honest, but from that photo, i literally do not see why you would have wanted to get a hair transplant. Your hair actually looked fine. 

8 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I forgot how many grafts they put in but this is a couple days after the procedure

Screenshot_20220922-192020_Gallery.jpg

From this photo, i can see maybe why you wanted to but if i had to guess, they shaved down the native hair to work in between too, so it's not as clear cut. That said, the density doesn't look appropriate to the size of the recipient area and on top of that, if that's a few days post-op, where's all the scabs and stuff building up? That's not a normal looking recipient area only a few days post op. If you told me it was about 2 months later during the Ugly Duckling phase i'd say that's about right. 

So far, there's not many positive things to draw from in terms of what the design and grafts chosen and density seems to represent. 

Do you have a picture of your donor area before and after the operation, also at a month or so later? 

7 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I'm gonna prob get another transplant by the 6-8 month mark if this doesn't improve 

I would strongly urge you to be very careful right now and not rush into anything. Making a bad decision can lead to worse consequences down the line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillyman1996 said:

That place is pretty much like a hair mill. I don't think your result will end up being satisfactory by the 12-month mark. If you are planning on getting another transplant, perhaps you should begin putting together a list of reputable surgeons, but you also probably want to give your scalp time to heal and not rush into a second procedure so soon. Also, please don't go back to Natural Hair Transplants.

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 4

Just now, AlexMeister21 said:

That place is pretty much like a hair mill. I don't think your result will end up being satisfactory by the 12-month mark. If you are planning on getting another transplant, perhaps you should begin putting together a list of reputable surgeons. Also, please don't go back to Natural Hair Transplants.

I def will not what red flags do you see with natural hair transplants?

1 minute ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I def will not what red flags do you see with natural hair transplants?

They don't count grafts and basically charge you a fixed amount regardless of how many grafts they harvest. They use an outdated technique and the main doctor labeled it as the Huebner method or something goofy to make it sound modern and cutting edge. Different surgeons do your surgery based on who's available, I believe.

• Like 1

That clinic is an abomination of a clinic and performs mini graft surgery.  They're literally the worst of the worst.  I'd be interested to see post-op pics, but I honestly wouldn't expect much man.  No point in asking how many grafts he had implanted as they don't even count them like real clinics do.   Definitely contact a reputable clinic and think about your next steps, but at the same time your result is bound to progress and obviously this isn't the end result yet.   Is the area they transplanted into all virgin or did they mix those grafts in with your native hair?  If all of that recipient area was bare scalp (and that isn't mixed in with native hair), they absolutely didn't put enough grafts in the area to give you even a modicum of density.

Also, you need to give your scalp more than 6-8 months to heal before you get another procedure.  The next place you go to needs to be actually good, which virtually guarantees they have a 6+ month waiting list minimum.  That will give you a year or so between the next transplant and the last one, which is generally the minimum time recommended you wait from one procedure to the next.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

I believe this clinic is owned by Dr. Huebner who does not have a good reputation. 5 months should be roughly 40-50% of your results, on average.

Start preparing for the worst but there might be a chance you’ll get some more growth. See a good fut surgeon who can clean up your scar and give you good growth- it’s not the end of the world. For fut I’d see Konior, Nadimi, Cooley, Gabel, possibly Wong.

6 hours ago, John1991 said:

That clinic is an abomination of a clinic and performs mini graft surgery.  They're literally the worst of the worst.  I'd be interested to see post-op pics, but I honestly wouldn't expect much man.  No point in asking how many grafts he had implanted as they don't even count them like real clinics do.   Definitely contact a reputable clinic and think about your next steps, but at the same time your result is bound to progress and obviously this isn't the end result yet.   Is the area they transplanted into all virgin or did they mix those grafts in with your native hair?  If all of that recipient area was bare scalp (and that isn't mixed in with native hair), they absolutely didn't put enough grafts in the area to give you even a modicum of density.

Also, you need to give your scalp more than 6-8 months to heal before you get another procedure.  The next place you go to needs to be actually good, which virtually guarantees they have a 6+ month waiting list minimum.  That will give you a year or so between the next transplant and the last one, which is generally the minimum time recommended you wait from one procedure to the next.

I think they mixed it in with native hair im gonna wait it out and see how this turns out

Phillyman1996,

while I agree that growth is minimal at this stage new growth typically starts for patients between 3 and 5 months. While patients prefer growth starts exactly at 3 months it doesn’t always work that way there are some who don’t even start seeing signs of growth until about 5 months.  Thus, what you are experiencing could be normal.

The point is, I suggest waiting a couple more months before making any evaluations about the procedure and results.  If in two months growth is still minimal, then I suggest expressing your concerns to your clinic/surgeon.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I hate seeing results like this. You want to say good things and be proven wrong but what you see is exactly what it is.

How much did it cost? Please tell me it was cheap at least.

This forum absolutely trashes Turkish hairmills as they should but in my unpopular opinion, they have value for most people like OP here. If he had ended up at an average hairmill, he would have far better growth, maybe multis in the hairline and bad donor but I think good recipient growth with bad donor beats bad growth. You can move alive hairs again and repair them but if they die, they’re dead and wasted. And it would’ve been far cheaper as well.

Anyway, the next clinic you choose please choose from this forum recommended list. The sad thing is you didn’t even need a HT in the first place, now you’re going to be rocking a FUT scar and and a double hairline with island in middle that needs repair and a lot of your precious grafts are wasted that you will need later in life perhaps

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

I hate seeing results like this. You want to say good things and be proven wrong but what you see is exactly what it is.

How much did it cost? Please tell me it was cheap at least.

This forum absolutely trashes Turkish hairmills as they should but in my unpopular opinion, they have value for most people like OP here. If he had ended up at an average hairmill, he would have far better growth, maybe multis in the hairline and bad donor but I think good recipient growth with bad donor beats bad growth. You can move alive hairs again and repair them but if they die, they’re dead and wasted. And it would’ve been far cheaper as well.

Anyway, the next clinic you choose please choose from this forum recommended list. The sad thing is you didn’t even need a HT in the first place, now you’re going to be rocking a FUT scar and and a double hairline with island in middle that needs repair and a lot of your precious grafts are wasted that you will need later in life perhaps

It was 10 k for the transplant