Need new recommendations of doctors

Just had my online consultation with de Freitas and was excited about it. As I saw he was getting good reviews and on the recommended list on here.  However I am bummed to hear that he won’t be available until February 2024. 

do people mind sharing other surgeons they recommend/had good experience with/are well respected due to track record. I will keep looking at the recommended list in here but I like having discussions as well. 

Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Use our list of recommendations as a starting point for research.  Research these doctors on here.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

All good surgeons have long wait times, but there’s a good reason for that- it’s because they are in high demand. I waited 14 months for my last surgery.

Nadimi gets excellent results and doesn’t go overboard with graft #’s. As far as I know her wait time is roughly 6-8 months. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her.

bisanga also has more reasonable wait times as far as I’m aware.

The issue with Bisanga is that usually you need an in-person consult. He does come to the USA occasionally to do consults though.

Edit:

Actually it may be for repair or patients who have had previous work. 

Edited by HairRun

49 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

That’s surprising to hear. Are you a repair patient by chance? Or someone that’s had multiple surgeries before?

Yup, maybe it was just for repair patients then because he cited that virgin scalp is different from one that has already had work done on it. I edited my comment. 

Just take the 2 year wait.  If anything, there are advances in hair transplants happening all the fricking time; it’s actually quite possible a HT in 2 years from him will be superior than one from him today.

Check out my journey here:

I know that can seem like a long time to wait, but it really is worth it in the long run - and as it usually goes with life, it'll be here before you know it. 

You could also ask him if he has a cancellation list he could put you on. I'm not sure if you live close enough to be able to get one on short notice if someone cancels, but if so, it'd be worth a shot. 

That said, there's no "one best surgeon" out there, and there are a lot of qualified surgeons who could be just as good of a fit for you who may have slightly shorter wait times. Point being - you may have other options, but also don't be completely deterred by the wait time if you feel really confident that he's the best surgeon for you. Better to wait longer and make a really confident choice than to rush into something you don't feel as good about. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Iceee,

I’ll tell you what I tell everybody else who is serious about selecting a quality hair transplant surgeon. After all, physician selection is key to ensuring you obtain the results you want and deserve.

—-

Rahal Hair Transplant

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

If a doctor is great, they're worth the one year wait. Personally, I had to wait 1.5 years. February 2024 will come faster than you think.

Man, that’s ages into the future. By 2025 is when you will see results. If you can wait that long, you can wait your whole life and not get any HT 🤷‍♀️

In my opinion, the top doctors are way overrated as if they’re the only ones who can move hairs. I have seen results from a cheap 417$ clinic that are indistinguishable from a 30,000$ clinic. The only difference really is you get a sort of guarantee you will get a good result with top doctors and at worst at least not need repairs with bad growth but waiting 3 years for them….that’s crazy. I guess if you need repairs or are a high Norwood lost case then it makes sense.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 9/23/2022 at 3:32 AM, Iceee222 said:

Just had my online consultation with de Freitas and was excited about it. As I saw he was getting good reviews and on the recommended list on here.  However I am bummed to hear that he won’t be available until February 2024. 

do people mind sharing other surgeons they recommend/had good experience with/are well respected due to track record. I will keep looking at the recommended list in here but I like having discussions as well. 

Thanks!!

I waited almost two and half years for my surgery and I would do it again. Once the surgery is over you have to live with the results for the rest of your life.

• Like 2

I'd be way too nervous waiting 2+ years for any doctor. 

Who knows if they will decide to retire, kick the can, new pandemic shuts everything down, you get laid off or other economic turmoil and you no longer can afford it, or maybe the doctor loses his magic and gets bad reviews and he's no longer your top choice.  

Sooooo much can happen in 2 years. There are external factors at play

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'd be way too nervous waiting 2+ years for any doctor. 

Who knows if they will decide to retire, kick the can, new pandemic shuts everything down, you get laid or other economic turmoil and you no longer can afford it, or maybe the doctor loses his magic and gets bad reviews and he's no longer your top choice.  

Sooooo much can happen in 2 years. There are external factors at play

agreed

with the current state of affairs in the world, planning that far ahead for 'recreational' or 'luxury' activities is not feasible imo

10 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

Man, that’s ages into the future. By 2025 is when you will see results. If you can wait that long, you can wait your whole life and not get any HT 🤷‍♀️

In my opinion, the top doctors are way overrated as if they’re the only ones who can move hairs. I have seen results from a cheap 417$ clinic that are indistinguishable from a 30,000$ clinic. The only difference really is you get a sort of guarantee you will get a good result with top doctors and at worst at least not need repairs with bad growth but waiting 3 years for them….that’s crazy. I guess if you need repairs or are a high Norwood lost case then it makes sense.

Nah. A bad transplant will follow you your whole life. I waited from 25 to 30 and 0 regrets. Many of the cheap subpar clinics in that time mis-diagnosed my level of loss and even suggested lowering my hairline, which in retrospect, would have been absolutely catastrophic (without mentioning the very high likelihood of donor depletion and angle misalignment on top of that). I'm not the only one who doesn't regret the wait - most of us who do are very happy with that decision.

Want to know what takes forever and is expensive? Going through repairs.

It's true though that money isn't everything -- 90% of US doctors are garbage and overcharge. But it's also ridiculous to compare a cheap mill you can find in India or Turkey to doctors with 1+ year waitlists. Which cheap clinic with minimal wait time compares to the results of H&W, Konior, Couto, Zarev, Bisanga, or any other respected and in-demand doctor?

10 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Who are you going with?

I went with Konior. He rejected me first time around on account of age and future loss probability at the time -- which ultimately came true. I waited longer and reached out again earlier last year? My surgery was in July this year, so it was over 1 year from the second time I reached out.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Nah. A bad transplant will follow you your whole life. I waited from 25 to 30 and 0 regrets. Many of the cheap subpar clinics in that time mis-diagnosed my level of loss and even suggested lowering my hairline, which in retrospect, would have been absolutely catastrophic (without mentioning the very high likelihood of donor depletion and angle misalignment on top of that). I'm not the only one who doesn't regret the wait - most of us who do are very happy with that decision.

It's true though that money isn't everything -- 90% of US doctors are garbage and overcharge. But it's also ridiculous to compare a cheap mill you can find in India or Turkey to doctors with 1+ year waitlists. Which cheap clinic with minimal wait time compares to the results of H&W, Konior, Couto, Zarev, Bisanga, or any other respected and in-demand doctor?

I went with Konior. He rejected me first time around on account of age and future loss probability at the time -- which ultimately came true. I waited longer and reached out again earlier last year? My surgery was in July this year, so it was over 1 year from the second time I reached out.

This ^ If I had have been patient I wouldn’t have all the scars and the lost 3,000 odd grafts (and scalp tissue) I now do. No one can predict the future. What’s happening in the world today is nothing compared to the past. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Z-- said:

That’s true but you don’t have to compare with hairmills, of course waiting for top doctors wins in this case. My point is there are decent clinics that don’t have long wait times and at the end of the day the results aren’t that different. If say Konior is available in a few months, waiting and going with him makes sense but if he makes you wait a year or more, nah. I would look into other decent clinics.

For example here is a recent Konior result

and this is from a cheap clinic, you would laugh if I tell you what it cost - this is from a decent clinic that consistently pumps out results like this

8D889B70-936D-4511-8D03-4176FF5694A0.jpeg.507974ae3ed3d6ebb718848fcc0e3b8f.jpeg131DC378-7304-40A9-84B2-A46EE5FE06FC.jpeg.a92d84638bc0deca0195dfac30f63a72.jpeg

25 to 30 is crazy man, 25 was my prime, 30 is the start of middle age crisis, it’s like being a completely different person. Maybe your loss wasn’t that bad but if someone loss was terrible, waiting on Konior like that, he would miss out on the best years of his life, lose out on relationships. And at the end of the day for what? Can you seriously tell me there’s a difference between Konior and this extremely cheap clinic result?. At the end of the day it’s moving hairs not rocket science. 

Sure you can justify elite doctors prices by comparing with horrible botch jobs but nah why go that extreme? Compare with good clinics. And funny enough there are bad results from these top doctors as well, that stings even harder. Wait years, spend a fortune and get a worst than hairmill result. 

In my opinion the only time waiting such long periods makes sense is if you’re a repair case or a high Norwood lost case that needs special work.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

That’s true but you don’t have to compare with hairmills, of course waiting for top doctors wins in this case. My point is there are decent clinics that don’t have long wait times and at the end of the day the results aren’t that different. If say Konior is available in a few months, waiting and going with him makes sense but if he makes you wait a year or more, nah. I would look into other decent clinics.

For example here is a recent Konior result

and this is from a cheap clinic, you would laugh if I tell you what it cost - this is from a decent clinic that consistently pumps out results like this

8D889B70-936D-4511-8D03-4176FF5694A0.jpeg.507974ae3ed3d6ebb718848fcc0e3b8f.jpeg131DC378-7304-40A9-84B2-A46EE5FE06FC.jpeg.a92d84638bc0deca0195dfac30f63a72.jpeg

25 to 30 is crazy man, 25 was my prime, 30 is the start of middle age crisis, it’s like being a completely different person. Maybe your loss wasn’t that bad but if someone loss was terrible, waiting on Konior like that, he would miss out on the best years of his life, lose out on relationships. And at the end of the day for what? Can you seriously tell me there’s a difference between Konior and this extremely cheap clinic result?. At the end of the day it’s moving hairs not rocket science. 

Sure you can justify elite doctors prices by comparing with horrible botch jobs but nah why go that extreme? Compare with good clinics. And funny enough there are bad results from these top doctors as well, that stings even harder. Wait years, spend a fortune and get a worst than hairmill result. 

In my opinion the only time waiting such long periods makes sense is if you’re a repair case or a high Norwood lost case that needs special work.

I lost 90% of my hair in that time - legit went Norwood 1 to Norwood 6. That said, I didn't miss out on the best years of my life because of my hair loss. In that time, I met and married my wife, moved countries, traveled more, made more and enjoyed life more than I had the previous 20 years. Hair loss didn't stop me from enjoying anything other than the loss of my hair lol.

The difference is this is a typical Konior result; clean, full doctor involvement, great growth, minimal grafts used to give maximum illusion. How many grafts did that clinic you are pointing out use? Where is the photo of the donor? What are the before photos? Is this a result that this clinic gets 99% of the time or are there risks of misfire? You can't really compare them by end result only; bad clinics can get good results and good clinics can -- in very rare instances -- get bad results. You are paying for the expertise (like optimal graft use) and to minimize risk. Great clinics stand by their work and offer repairs in the very unlikely event things go south. They also nail it near 99% of the time, whereas mills results range all over the place.

Which cheap clinic is this and why don't you name them? Happy to take a look at their history of results. If they are elite, there shouldn't be a history of donor depletion, bad graft placement, unhappy customers and so on.

We can agree to disagree that decent clinics tend to have short wait times or their results match great doctors. Majority are booked at least 3 months out MINIMUM precisely because demand is high due to history of great results. If the results were equal, why do people opt for the more expensive and in-demand equal if not for the results? Majority of elite doctors have minimal marketing in any case. Might be a different case for a newer doctor though.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Z-- said:

I lost 90% of my hair in that time - legit went Norwood 1 to Norwood 6. That said, I didn't miss out on the best years of my life because of my hair loss. In that time, I met and married my wife, moved countries, traveled more, made more and enjoyed life more than I had the previous 20 years. Hair loss didn't stop me from enjoying anything other than the loss of my hair lol.

The difference is this is a typical Konior result; clean, full doctor involvement, great growth, minimal grafts used to give maximum illusion. How many grafts did that clinic you are pointing out use? Where is the photo of the donor? What are the before photos? Is this a result that this clinic gets 99% of the time or are there risks of misfire? You can't really compare them by end result only; bad clinics can get good results and good clinics can -- in very rare instances -- get bad results. You are paying for the expertise (like optimal graft use) and to minimize risk. Great clinics stand by their work and offer repairs in the very unlikely event things go south. They also nail it near 99% of the time, whereas mills results range all over the place.

Which cheap clinic is this and why don't you name them? Happy to take a look at their history of results. If they are elite, there shouldn't be a history of donor depletion, bad graft placement, unhappy customers and so on.

We can agree to disagree that decent clinics tend to have short wait times or their results match great doctors. Majority are booked at least 3 months out MINIMUM precisely because demand is high due to history of great results. If the results were equal, why do people opt for the more expensive and in-demand equal if not for the results? Majority of elite doctors have minimal marketing in any case. Might be a different case for a newer doctor though.

The picture I posted is from this clinic I am researching that I am unsure about just to make a point 😄 but I mean there are other recommended clinics that have shorter wait times and cheaper.

Here are pre-op/post-op

DC0C049D-A89C-4FF8-8992-7E0A4274562B.jpeg.40b0f7e014b28b9592ff1fa8893fd9c8.jpeg0BD5A517-D474-40BF-9547-8E5DDE263E58.jpeg.ae49ef9847b3961d1c3635226548abca.jpeg

This is the clinic - I hope nobody takes my mentioning of them as my recommendation.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCSd4hRmB1iaGRz9E8z4iq4g

Well, it worked out great for you in the best way 👍 but you know that’s not going to be the case for everyone. When I think back of my 25, I was lucky to have my hairs then but if I was a NW6 then and by 30 was when I could get my hairs back, I would be devastated. It would have meant a degraded life, when I started losing my hair and when I turned NW6, I saw how different people treat you lol. I guess why you’re getting a HT also matters where sometimes you can wait a few years and for some other reasons it can’t wait. 

50 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

The picture I posted is from this clinic I am researching that I am unsure about just to make a point 😄 but I mean there are other recommended clinics that have shorter wait times and cheaper.

Here are pre-op/post-op

This is the clinic - I hope nobody takes my mentioning of them as my recommendation.

I can't speak to the clinic -- there aren't any patient results here and I honestly don't trust YouTube posted results myself. Before Eugenix was popular on HRN, Zoomsters was that first case here. Same with Hugo and Zarev. Both could have easily back-fired though. It's strikes me as somewhat risky unless you are privy to other region-specific forums with real patient results. Without those results, you're taking a gamble. Alternatively, you might also be the one who discovers a great new doctor for the forum. Both are possible...

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

Here are pre-op/post-op

DC0C049D-A89C-4FF8-8992-7E0A4274562B.jpeg.40b0f7e014b28b9592ff1fa8893fd9c8.jpeg0BD5A517-D474-40BF-9547-8E5DDE263E58.jpeg.ae49ef9847b3961d1c3635226548abca.jpeg

Well, it worked out great for you in the best way 👍 but you know that’s not going to be the case for everyone. When I think back of my 25, I was lucky to have my hairs then but if I was a NW6 then and by 30 was when I could get my hairs back, I would be devastated. It would have meant a degraded life, when I started losing my hair and when I turned NW6, I saw how different people treat you lol. I guess why you’re getting a HT also matters where sometimes you can wait a few years and for some other reasons it can’t wait. 

I just watched this video from the Pakistani clinic you posted and it gave me chills.

It looks like he’s using a cheap (likely Chinese) punch system and just going to town rushing through extractions. In some zones he’s leaving barely any space between extractions. This is a recipe for disaster.

Edited by 5BetaReductase

• Valued Contributor

I think a very important point that people need to remember is that time waits for no man. Looking back on my life I regret having two bad hair transplants at 18 and everything that ensued from there until about 25. But do you know what I regret even more so? I regret the time I spent WASTED on worrying about hair loss. You can get your hair back but you will never get the time back. Despite my early hair loss, after the first couple of years I started corrective surgery and seeing a therapist, I got on with my life. I had finished my degree, worked, partied hard and traveled the world and still continue to. I never let my hair loss dictate who I am. When it came to women it actually made them feel comfortable about their own imaginary perceived body issues because they could relate and as a result they liked and loved me more. The take home message really is that you only have one life. Don't waste it worrying about your hair. If you can shave it off then you have won!  If you do your research then you have won. But the biggest loss is your time. Because that is something that you will never get back. All the best!

• Like 2