What number would you guys rank someone like Bisanga as compared to other top surgeons in the world?

Hah6788887

• Valued Contributor

As @HappyMan2021 has stated, I don’t think there is a one doctor fits all sizes when it comes to surgery. In response to the title of your post, some give excellent results while difficult repair work may not be there forte. Others may excel at work up to say Norwood 3 and they hit there limit while a select few just completely own Norwood 6/7 work. As a surgeon regardless of price Dr Bisanga is right up there. All the best!

As stated previously it depends on your case. In my opinion and what others have stated in other threads. Bisanga is definitely the guy to go if you have blonde hair and you are in the Norwood 2-5 Range. He is also a good choice for afro hair. He is one of the more versatile doctors out there and is one of the best choices.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

9 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

As stated previously it depends on your case. In my opinion and what others have stated in other threads. Bisanga is definitely the guy to go if you have blonde hair and you are in the Norwood 2-5 Range. He is also a good choice for afro hair. He is one of the more versatile doctors out there and is one of the best choices.

Have you seen patients cases of him here or on Reddit or some places when it comes to afro hair? 

8 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

It depends what kind of patient you are. 

If you are a repair patient id say him and 3 others are the best in the world. 

If you are a 1st timer there is him and maybe 15 other elite docs in the world

Also depends what level norwood you are, etc

I got a similar impression. I was looking for a repair and researched specifically this. I concluded he was one of the best in the world. I think his proximity to the Turkish hair clinics and his time as a surgeon gives him a ton of experience with repairs. One of the most ethical and long-term planning. If I was in Europe I probably would have gone with him. 

As to the question, I did read about a few negative reports. Unfortunately, every Dr who works long enough has patients who are not satisfied. Bisanga is in the Top 5 in my opinion, due to his versatility and ethical conduct. 

• Administrators

I think he’s top 5 in any list regardless, he’s simply amazing and his results here prove that. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It depends on what you're looking for, whether that is for a repair, afro hair, or going for the first/second/third time.

There are many doctors to consider but most important is donor management, graft angulation, and placement. Of course there are many other things that someone else might find more/less important but every surgeon is case by case and theres no one size fits all.

edit: but to answer your question. For a first time or donor management I would put him within the top 10. Closer to the top 5 but I would put him at #6 because of his price point as compared to others at that price.

But if I had all the money in the world I would consider Bisanga as an option if your primary choice had a long wait list. Ex: If Konior had a 2+ year wait list I would be more than happy to choose Bisanga since I believe Bisanga is an amazing surgeon.

But if both were available I would go for Konior simply because I have seen many cases where Konior does so much more with less than any other surgeon I have seen.

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

2 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Feriduni above Bisanga ?

For me yes, I had surgery with him as well. Did not have the pleasure to have surgery with Bisanga and never will but Feriduni's experience was out of this world.

Also the IV sedation was magical. I came back the next day asking for 100 grafts more or so and he said you came back for more sedation, it was awesome.

The clinic, the results, the survival rate, the cutting edge tech, the staff, just incredible, not to mention Hasselt is an incredible little town with delicious food.

5 hours ago, mustang said:

For me yes, I had surgery with him as well. Did not have the pleasure to have surgery with Bisanga and never will but Feriduni's experience was out of this world.

Also the IV sedation was magical. I came back the next day asking for 100 grafts more or so and he said you came back for more sedation, it was awesome.

The clinic, the results, the survival rate, the cutting edge tech, the staff, just incredible, not to mention Hasselt is an incredible little town with delicious food.

He was able to give me a detailed plan based on pics and descriptions whereas other docs I cannot even get in to do a consult.  So, I found that to be a plus; although I haven't seen too many recent cases from him that tackle my scenario.  Basically, re-creating temples.

Need longevity, many proven results and exceptional results on all norwoods and repair cases. 

Couto and Konior without a doubt are my top two. 

H&W, Hattengen, Bisanga and Mwamba have been consistently excellent. Bisanga probably is top five imo and top 3 if we’re talking repairs. 

Edited by Z--

5 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

He was able to give me a detailed plan based on pics and descriptions whereas other docs I cannot even get in to do a consult.  So, I found that to be a plus; although I haven't seen too many recent cases from him that tackle my scenario.  Basically, re-creating temples.

I have seen some cases where there is temple work done, look on youtube perhaps? I can't remember where