Travel to Eugenix from the US

Hi Everyone- In October, I will be traveling from the east coast of the US to Eugenix and I wanted to make sure that I have no issues getting into India.

There is a requirement to upload to the Air Suvidha portal, a certificate of covid vaccination.

Does anyone know if the photo that I pasted below is what they are referring to?

Also, please let me know if there is anything else that I should know which I may be missing, outside of having a valid passport and medical visa.

Thanks!!!

image.png.6a8e2bb1523ec76c4ba456a54290fbc8.png

Hey I just traveled from the USA to Delhi in July. Yes that picture should suffice for the portal.

My only hiccup was at the airport when I arrived. I could not find the driver to the hotel right away. I suggest setting up international calling through your carrier so that you can call the hotel when you arrive. Also the airport has a lot of scammers. Just keep it moving, find your driver, get to your accomodations. Should be smooth sailing after that.

• Like 3

yip-  that will be fine! I travelled to India in July without knowing about the air suvidha requirement. Ignorance on my part but as I had already submitted all my personal deets including vax info applying for the medical visa i didn’t think anything else was required. Found out at the airport so submitted the form online via my phone  1 hour before boarding the flight. Arrived in Delhi- immigration stamped my passport and let me through.

Edit the proof of vax I submitted was just a screenshot of an email received from my govts health department… 

Edited by baldbandito
  • Like 1

things you shall reequired and things that I suggest you:

1. Air suvidha form 
2. Medica/Touristl Visa
3. Full COVID vaccination or RTPCR test
4. International carrier to contact the hotel
5. Indian Currency, take 200-300USD changed from the Airport (Rate is lesser in the city) Take anywhere between 74-76rs for 1USD$ (A good exchange)
6. Prepare yourself for a journey, pack open buttoned shirts, shots as it is still quite hot in Gurgaon
7. Take good amount of time to explore Delhi after your HT
8. There are food delivery apps like Swiggy and Zomatio to get the best food with no scam. P.S- You can use your international card to order.  
9. Enjoy your journey and keep us updated! CHEERS..

• Like 3

Thanks @DHT @baldbandito and @Bb111- you guys are the reason that this forum is so great!

When I checked the air suvidha portal, I didn’t remember seeing a place to upload the vaccine certificate but I will check again.

Keep those suggestions coming if anything else comes to mind!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SLA said:

Thanks @DHT @baldbandito and @Bb111- you guys are the reason that this forum is so great!

When I checked the air suvidha portal, I didn’t remember seeing a place to upload the vaccine certificate but I will check again.

Keep those suggestions coming if anything else comes to mind!

I can't remember if I uploaded the picture or just had it in my phone in case they asked to see it. Either way that picture should be good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I visited India back in April and I did not upload my  covid vaccination certificate to the Air Suvidha portal. Things must have changed since then.

I would download a language translation app on my phone. I use Google Translate.  Even though on the Internet, people say that English is a common language in India, a lot of times it is not true. For instance, you may want to buy some street food or buy something from a store, you may type it in English on your app and then translate to Hindi and show to merchant. Makes life easier.

Everything is inexpensive in India, if you are creative you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner for several dollars. Also, buying medicine is cheap and does not require a prescription. You can buy dutasteride, finasteride, topical finasteride, etc at many large pharmacies.

Edited by Antlor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Antlor said:

I visited India back in April and I did not upload my  covid vaccination certificate to the Air Suvidha portal. Things must have changed since then.

I would download a language translation app on my phone. I use Google Translate.  Even though on the Internet, people say that English is a common language in India, a lot of times it is not true. For instance, you may want to buy some street food or buy something from a store, you may type it in English on your app and then translate to Hindi and show to merchant. Makes life easier.

Everything is inexpensive in India, if you are creative you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner for several dollars. Also, buying medicine is cheap and does not require a prescription. You can buy dutasteride, finasteride, topical finasteride, etc at many large pharmacies.

Great information @Antlor- was there any concern that the food and water from street vendors was safe to consume?

Everyone is different. If there is a line for the hot food, then I feel it's fine. I don't think I had any issues. However, I would not drink the tap water. I read that there is fecal matter. People wash their clothes, bathe, etc in the lakes and rivers there.

Another thing, everything is negotiable. I went to an Indian dentist for routine cleaning. He was going to charge me about the equivalent of $30. I brought the rate down to $20.

• Like 1

Vaccine card not required, just negative COVID pcr test within 72 hours of travel at the least and honestly I disagree with them taking any vaccine certificates because actually not being infected with COVID upon arrival is the importance and everyone can still contract COVID regardless of vaccination history. 

https://in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Edited by general-etwan

22 hours ago, Antlor said:

Hasn’t changed; vaccination not required. Just negative COVID test prior to travel at minimum. 

1 hour ago, general-etwan said:

Hasn’t changed; vaccination not required. Just negative COVID test prior to travel at minimum. 

Correct, however, proof of COVID vaccination is sufficient as I understand it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SLA said:

Correct, however, proof of COVID vaccination is sufficient as I understand it

Correct; I disagree with it but that’s for another forum. Glad they allow pcr testing too which I find more appropriate

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 1

This is a good thread! I’m going in just over 2 weeks and any more advice or tips for travel is fantastic. I’ll probably just watch a lot of movies and stick to myself for the days post procedure but I’m sure I’ll want to check out the town just a little. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your credit cards should work there. You can also convert some cash at the airport to rupees for day to day use.

I personally used wise to pay for the majority of the procedure. You can also use a wise card there to pay for other costs. I preferred this as I had a small amount of cash in my wise account that allowed me to use the wise card like a debit card. Worse case if the card was stolen or hacked I could freeze everything via the app and only lose a small amount of money. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bb111 said:

Your credit cards should work there. You can also convert some cash at the airport to rupees for day to day use.

I personally used wise to pay for the majority of the procedure. You can also use a wise card there to pay for other costs. I preferred this as I had a small amount of cash in my wise account that allowed me to use the wise card like a debit card. Worse case if the card was stolen or hacked I could freeze everything via the app and only lose a small amount of money. 

Thanks @Bb111. I will look into the Wise card.

Just to clarify there are daily spending limits on the wise card so you may not be able to pay for the procedure with the card depending on your cost. However you can use wise wire transfer to wire money to Eugenix.

Just now, Bb111 said:

Just to clarify there are daily spending limits on the wise card so you may not be able to pay for the procedure with the card depending on your cost. However you can use wise wire transfer to wire money to Eugenix.

Thank you!...I am assuming there are transfer limits with the wise card as well?