Oral Minoxidil users

HairTrippin

Hi! 

5mg daily for 16 months. only sides I've noticed are some thicker hands hairs and the first few days lower blood pressure, then it stabilized.

I have improved but I take more medication. You can see my journey at this forum.

A hug!

Edited by PelazoVenAMi

• Administrators

I’ve been on 2.5 mg for over a month. No sides besides my body hair grows faster. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

https://www.afr.com/companies/healthcare-and-fitness/the-australian-scientist-winning-the-hair-loss-battle-20220914-p5bi0i

Just saw this article, reporting from Dr. Sinclair who says he’s been using it on patients for 20 years wow. Some things I didn’t quite understand is if you can wean off it if you lost hair due to stress/COVID or if you’re suffering from mpb. I think he meant from stress/COVID Also, he says it stops progression 100% and regrows 20% of what you have lost. Interesting 

Edited by HairTrippin

36 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

https://www.afr.com/companies/healthcare-and-fitness/the-australian-scientist-winning-the-hair-loss-battle-20220914-p5bi0i

Just saw this article, reporting from Dr. Sinclair who says he’s been using it on patients for 20 years wow. Some things I didn’t quite understand is if you can wean off it if you lost hair due to stress/COVID or if you’re suffering from mpb. I think he meant from stress/COVID Also, he says it stops progression 100% and regrows 20% of what you have lost. Interesting 

I can't see article due to not being a subscriber but sounds positive.

I'm currently 2 months in and on 5mg daily and hair is taking a bit of a hit just now.

Edited by thetdog666

4 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

I can't see article due to not being a subscriber but sounds positive.

I'm currently 2 months in and on 5mg daily and hair is taking a bit of a hit just now.

Nice! Any sides? Starting with 2.5mg and my bp has lowered and I feel ok. Sometimes I think placebo kicked in for me cause of all the tressless stuff I read. But I only been on it for two weeks. 

I started on 2.5mg and had no side so went upto 5mg. Yeah tressless annoys me, to many young imature people on there!

What does the article actually say? Is he a famous doc over in Australia for hairloss?

43 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

Nice! Any sides? Starting with 2.5mg and my bp has lowered and I feel ok. Sometimes I think placebo kicked in for me cause of all the tressless stuff I read. But I only been on it for two weeks. 

11 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

I started on 2.5mg and had no side so went upto 5mg. Yeah tressless annoys me, to many young imature people on there!

What does the article actually say? Is he a famous doc over in Australia for hairloss?

He says that he’s been prescribing it for 20 years and over 20,000 patients. Also it stops progression 100% and regrows 20% of what someone lost. I don’t know how legit that is lol, but that’s what he stated in the article 

On 10/7/2022 at 9:17 PM, thetdog666 said:

Rodney Sinclair is the doctor that started the oral minoxidil trend. Sinclair was the first doctor to publish studies about oral minoxidil for hair loss and other doctors started prescribing it because of his studies. Sinclair is a co-author on a lot of the major oral minoxidil studies and is currently conducting clinical trials for sublingual minoxidil.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, HairTrippin said:

If allowed I can copy paste this article.

Let me know @Melvin- Moderator as I'd hate to break any rules.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
43 minutes ago, webathon said:

What made you want to switch from topical to oral?

Many respected surgeons like Dr. Bisanga recommended it. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 months later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, IMM1979 said:

has anyone tried OM that is also taking medication to control high blood pressure? OM was originally designed to lower BP but at high doses the side effects are apparently severe. curious if anyone who already takes BP meds has tried low dose OM and experienced issues such as dizziness, lightheadedness....

As someone who currently takes bp meds, I’m wondering the same thing. Has anyone substituted/replaced their bp meds with OM?