Private Messages Announcement

• Administrators
On 8/21/2022 at 8:20 AM, NARMAK said:

What constitutes a "long time" is the question that needs clarifying. Is it time based e.g. 6 months, 12 months etc. or is it also tied to a minimum post count. 

I think it's just something we need clarified with specifics. 

The criteria is based on posts and reputation. For example, if you’ve been here 6 months, but have posted 500 posts with a lot of likes and recognition, this would boost your member status. 

You’ve earned two badges and 1,000 reputation points, which puts you at a veteran member. 

00885A64-22CB-42DA-B836-5C965936D6BC.png

55840A88-4C79-47F2-9698-6CA23C68DE0D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The criteria is based on posts and reputation. For example, if you’ve been here 6 months, but have posted 500 posts with a lot of likes and recognition, this would boost your member status. 

You’ve earned two badges and 1,000 reputation points, which puts you at a veteran member. 

00885A64-22CB-42DA-B836-5C965936D6BC.png

55840A88-4C79-47F2-9698-6CA23C68DE0D.jpeg

Thanks for the reply Melvin. Hope that helps others on here to figure out if they will have access. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

His name is put in moderation, so we can ensure it’s not being gamed. If you reference his name, the post will automatically flag. 

As for Pekiner, as long as he has his rep who works in another forum, he will continue to be flagged. His rep has proven to be untrustworthy. 

This will be my last reply on the subject, as this is not the purpose of this thread. If you prove to be a legitimate member, you could eventually send me a private message to discuss further.

PM sent

Edited by Vic

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Bb111 said:

Sorry Melvin still not able to post pictures. Not sure what is going on. 

Did you try recently, everyone can post images. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Try again now

View my thread

• Administrators

Try again guys

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dear Community,

Some of you may have noticed that your PM has been turned off. We have been receiving a lot of complaints of fake accounts and shills sending private messages to our members. As a result, we are now setting private messages for senior members to ensure no shills or trolls abuse PMs. If you’re a senior member and have been posting for a while, this won’t affect you, as for the newbies. You’ll have to reach out to me first before being granted access. 

We need to ensure there are checks and balances so shills don’t abuse our community.  

Onwards,

Hi Melvin, how do I reach out to you since I can not send you a pm? How do I get an access to pm you or other members if I have a question? Thank you

@Melvin- Moderator,

This may be a stupid question, but how do I access private messages from the mobile version of the forum software. If I scroll down my notifications to my last private message, I can get into my inbox. But, I can’t seem to find an easy way to access my inbox by clicking on the menu.  is there some quick and easy way to get into my inbox from the menu that I’m not seeing?

i’m also assuming that our private messages are still active right? I don’t know if this account constitutes a “senior member“ but as a clinic account, I certainly hope that we can receive and send private messages.

I do know I haven’t received a private message for a while but I believe it was after you posted this topic.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@Melvin- Moderator,

i’m attaching a screenshot of what I see you when I click the menu from the mobile version of the forum software. For a quick flash, I do see the message icon towards the top right hand corner but then it vanishes. I don’t know if it gets pushed off further to the right where I can’t access it, maybe the length of our alias is too long, etc. But it would be great if you could work with Hans on fixing this so that we can easily access our inbox.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

09CC30AD-1429-443C-A8A9-7508EA9388ED.jpeg

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

3 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Melvin- Moderator,

i’m attaching a screenshot of what I see you when I click the menu from the mobile version of the forum software. For a quick flash, I do see the message icon towards the top right hand corner but then it vanishes. I don’t know if it gets pushed off further to the right where I can’t access it, maybe the length of our alias is too long, etc. But it would be great if you could work with Hans on fixing this so that we can easily access our inbox.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Are you using a iPhone? I have this issue on mine, can’t access inbox messages unless On iPad 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Melvin- Moderator,

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

You should be about to access your private messages. 

View my thread

3 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Melvin- Moderator,

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

I have this issue on my android browser too and for what it's worth, there's two workarounds. Not ideal but better than nothing. 

1) Click through your notifications till you see "You have a private message" or similar from a user and it takes you to the inbox 

2) When you click the 3 lines to bring up your account details etc. where the bell is, just next to it is the envelop icon for PMs. Now usually that pesky X covers it and doesn't let you access it, but if you're quick enough off the draw in pushing it before the delayed X shows up, it will take you to your PMs. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I have this issue on my android browser too and for what it's worth, there's two workarounds. Not ideal but better than nothing. 

1) Click through your notifications till you see "You have a private message" or similar from a user and it takes you to the inbox 

2) When you click the 3 lines to bring up your account details etc. where the bell is, just next to it is the envelop icon for PMs. Now usually that pesky X covers it and doesn't let you access it, but if you're quick enough off the draw in pushing it before the delayed X shows up, it will take you to your PMs. 

Hope that helps. 

It’s not just me playing the beat the X game 👌🏿

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You should be about to access your private messages. 

I think he’s saying that the X button is covering the mail icon, so he can’t physically click on the mail icon link.

This happens to me too on iPhone (using Safari).

E2BA4611-781E-49A6-8CD1-257750AA0DD9.thumb.png.9e44757466d2d1aaa0146dd8c62c4844.png

Edited by Parasol
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If you press on the very lower right corner of the X where the mail is still partially showing underneath it, it will bring you to your messages. It's a very tiny spot, so it may take you a few times, but it works for me.

image.png.0e4ea27e4df1c25e44386c9e79fdbf5d.png

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

15 hours ago, Parasol said:

I think he’s saying that the X button is covering the mail icon, so he can’t physically click on the mail icon link.

E2BA4611-781E-49A6-8CD1-257750AA0DD9.thumb.png.9e44757466d2d1aaa0146dd8c62c4844.png

Yes this is exactly what I’m saying. It seems like you’re experiencing the same thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

If you press on the very lower right corner of the X where the mail is still partially showing underneath it, it will bring you to your messages. It's a very tiny spot, so it may take you a few times, but it works for me.

image.png.0e4ea27e4df1c25e44386c9e79fdbf5d.png

I’ll continue to work on this but the problem is you can’t really click on anything on an iPhone because you don’t have a mouse. I guess my fingers are a little thicker so it’s hard to click something really small. Since this seems to be an actual problem, I encourage Melvin to work with Hans or the software programmer to somehow make room for the message folder icon in this area. It seems like it may only affect iPhones based on what people  are saying.

@Melvin- Moderator what do you think?

15 hours ago, Parasol said:

Just to add to this, I use Google Chrome on an iPhone and have this problem. I haven’t tried using Microsoft edge on an iPhone but I will try that to see if it works. But ideally, this is something that should probably be fixed so it works on all platforms. I wonder how many iPhone users are missing out on private messages because of this.

• Administrators

I use my iPhone here without any problems. This is the first I hear of anyone complaining. You may have to press the x a few times, but it works. I’ll tag @Hans - Webmaster to see if it’s something that can be changed. BCDF90E3-DFDC-4A7B-8C76-0EC1A102C959.png

View my thread

Melvin I have the same issue as well. The x covers up the messages button. One easy work around on Android (maybe iPhone too) is to rotate the screen 90 degrees. That makes the button accessible 

Edited by Bb111
  • Like 1