Jump to content

49yo Male FUE with Doctor Hasson in January 2022 - 5000 grafts


Recommended Posts

***NOVEL ALERT***

Have a read if you're interested in my excellent experience at H&W / Doctor Hasson

Hello Forum, 

First time poster here. I wanted to share my experience with Doctor Hasson, which was excellent from start to finish. I had 5000 grafts (I've asked for the exact breakdown which I can share) over two days in January 2022. It's just past 6 months and I am really happy with how it's going.  It was a long journey for me before I got to the clinic. I was back and forth for about 7 years and finally took the plunge and booked in with Dr. H. This was after many conversations with the UK Rep, Robbie, who I met in person. 

I also want to add that I spoke to about 5 clinics in my journey (visiting two of them for in person consults), and had a booked appointment with Konior in Chicago. I had a schedule issue with the first appointment which I postponed, and when the second appointment rolled around I got cold feet and cancelled 2 weeks before, loosing my deposit. That was in 2017.

I finally chose Dr. Hasson because my research kept leading me back to him and the results I saw online, YouTube and on here were so good I felt he was the right Doctor to go with. 

There was a travel issue for my first scheduled booking due to Covid travel, and I was really impressed with Robbie who worked tirelessly to get me in as soon as a space opened up once travel resumed. I know form our correspondence that he worked closely with Doug and they worked it out together on my behalf, which I really appreciated. I was scheduled to have around 2500 - 3500 grafts based on photos seen by Dr. H and on meeting with Robbie. This was planned as a 1 day FUE

I'm not very good with the Norwood scale, but I had a classic receding hairline and high forehead. Strong crown, no issues, and a good donor supply. I started loosing my hair in my late teens with my forehead growing. I had a classic fivehead. I was on Propecia for 13 years, which stabilised it, but went off it to have kids and things got worse quickly. I went back on it about 6 months before the procedure and I am glad I did. The overall stability got a lot better. 

Once I got to the clinic and met with Dr. H, he recommended that I would need about 5000 grafts. He had to revise the game plan because my hair is quite fine and because I "have a really big cranium" which made me laugh. When reviewing my goals, Dr. H said that I wouldn't achieve them with 2500 to 3500. I was confident with his analysis and had the budget for it, so I agreed. The downside was that I would now need to do the procedure over 2 days. I had to change my travel plans and stay longer. Luckily there was a travel issue for another patient and I got to have my appointments almost back to back. Monday and Wednesday. 

On the first day, it was the usual that everyone details. The consultation and hairline design. We had a few goes at it before we agreed in it. The design was just hairline and mid-scalp. No temples as I didn't need it. Then photos at the blue wall. Head shaved and then to the table for extractions. I found the whole thing quite easy and pain management was great. 

Next Dr. H came in for the incisions. He worked exclusively on the front and hairline area. Then placement with the technicians. I think it was about 2800 that day. All went really well and I went back to the hotel with all the kit, including the neck support. Had a great nights sleep. Relaxed for a day. I only went in once for a check up and wash, which was all fine. Dr. H had a look and was happy. Then in for round 2. 

The second day went as well. Extractions followed by incisions with the Doctor, then placement by the technicians. 

I was fully aware from my discussions with the clinic that the Doctor would be doing two procedures a day and it didn't bother me at all. Doctor H was in and out of the room regularly each day. He was very attentive and professional. On each day he came in to see me before he left for the day to check the placement. I never felt like he wasn't within reach, and when I had questions I asked for the Doctor to pop back in, and he did swiftly. 

Mostly it was me laying there watching Netflix or sleeping. It was way easier than I had imagined. 

My post operation follow up was excellent. I went in after day 2 for another wash and saw the doctor to review the work and answer any questions. Then it was back to London.

I did have a lot of facial swelling, which was normal. I called the clinic a few times to discuss and was talked through it all. 

After that the wait began. Shock loss was absolutely shocking. Didn't like that part. Then the redness and pimples. The ugly duckling phase was fierce. I was in hats most of the time while waiting for hair to sprout. And of course this was a crazy emotional rollercoaster. I spoke to Robbie in the UK regularly on WhatsApp and on the phone. He was awesome at talking me through it. And I regularly emailed the clinic with photos and questions. Mostly I was contacting them with my worries as I thought it was all going horribly wrong. Which of course it wasn't.

The update is it's now been 6 months and it's great. I've got a long way to go but I am thrilled with where it's at. I have a really strong hairline and it's restored to what I had in my 20's. My deep recessions are gone and I look and feel great. Nobody has spotted it. Only my wife and one close friend know. They are both very impressed. Others just say I look very well and can't work out why. 

I'm noticing it's getting better everyday. Naturally it's not perfect yet as its only 6 months. I still have concerns about the right side, which is a little thinner than the left, but it's improving. I spoke to Robbie and the clinic about it and was reassured. I know it's normal for the growth not to be on the same schedule all over. I'm relaxed about it and expect it will catch up. 

I would reccomend Doctor Hasson to anyone and think he and his team are incredible. If you are going through this, I know it's a crazy emotional journey, but hang in there. Judge it at the 12 month mark, as I will. And if you are still feeling it's not right, go back in and I am sure that Doctor Hasson will want to put it right for you.

Any questions, hit me up. And if someone in London wants to meet me to check out my barnet (London slang for hair), I'd be happy to meet up. 

 

Before.jpg

Before2.jpg

healing.jpg

shockloss.jpg

6month.jpg

6month2.jpg

6month3.jpg

Edited by CarlosLaBlon
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Thanks for sharing such a detailed report. Your hair looks amazing congrats 🙌 

  • Like 1

Check out my final hair transplant journey

My Final Hair Transplant Journey (Over 9K Total FUE Grafts) 

View my thread

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love your post. I had a HT with Hasson 3 weeks ago. I’m happy to see the procedure worked for someone with FINE HAIR like me. That has given me some anxiety making me worry the final outcome won’t look very dense. Your pics have relieved some of that stress. 

I’ll be following your journey.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Scream said:

I have an appointment with Dr. Hasson in a couple of weeks. May I ask how the anesthetic injections were for you? How bad did you find the burning sensation to be when you were first injected?

Hi @Scream From my experience the aesthetic injections were a non-event. It kinda felt like being pinched hard, so to me it wasn't any major pain, and it was over very quick. The aesthetic spreads quickly and the next injection is even easier as you go. I do recall there being some top up's through out the day. All equally easy. Also remember that you take pain meds in pill form almost immediately and they do all the hard work before you get to injections. 

Pain or discomfort didn't feature for me in my two day experience at all. The experience was closer to a spa experience than a surgery. 

However I did have my own anxiety pre op. I recall reading an interview with Marc Jacobs where he said that his hair transplant was very painful. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marc-jacobs-hair-transplant_n_691125

But that didn't happen to me. Not sure what he had done. Maybe a big FUT or something. 

Also, FUE recovery was very easy. The itching was there but no big deal. 

Edited by CarlosLaBlon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 7:13 AM, CarlosLaBlon said:

Hi @Scream From my experience the aesthetic injections were a non-event. It kinda felt like being pinched hard, so to me it wasn't any major pain, and it was over very quick. The aesthetic spreads quickly and the next injection is even easier as you go. I do recall there being some top up's through out the day. All equally easy. Also remember that you take pain meds in pill form almost immediately and they do all the hard work before you get to injections. 

Pain or discomfort didn't feature for me in my two day experience at all. The experience was closer to a spa experience than a surgery. 

However I did have my own anxiety pre op. I recall reading an interview with Marc Jacobs where he said that his hair transplant was very painful. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marc-jacobs-hair-transplant_n_691125

But that didn't happen to me. Not sure what he had done. Maybe a big FUT or something. 

Also, FUE recovery was very easy. The itching was there but no big deal. 

Thank you for this write-up. This was very insightful. I certainly hope my experience with the injections is as painless as yours! Others have described it as "lava" and "hell", so hearing someone say it was a non-event is reassuring. My hope is that it's just slightly uncomfortable for like 10 seconds. But I guess I'll see in a couple of weeks.

I also have a two-day procedure. I was nervous the second day would be even harder - so really appreciate you including this detail. I'm having the FUE procedure too, flying in... just hoping it's not too stressful or painful. Looking forward to following your journey and thanks again for the response!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scream said:

Thank you for this write-up. This was very insightful. I certainly hope my experience with the injections is as painless as yours! Others have described it as "lava" and "hell", so hearing someone say it was a non-event is reassuring. My hope is that it's just slightly uncomfortable for like 10 seconds. But I guess I'll see in a couple of weeks.

I also have a two-day procedure. I was nervous the second day would be even harder - so really appreciate you including this detail. I'm having the FUE procedure too, flying in... just hoping it's not too stressful or painful. Looking forward to following your journey and thanks again for the response!! 

I was scheduled for two days too but it only took one day! How many grafts are you planning to have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kent said:

I was scheduled for two days too but it only took one day! How many grafts are you planning to have?

My consultation resulted in an estimate of anywhere from 3000-3500. However, based on what I've seen from others, I feel fairly confident it will be on the higher end, if not pushing 4000. I'd love to only need one day, but I am mentally preparing for two!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scream said:

My consultation resulted in an estimate of anywhere from 3000-3500. However, based on what I've seen from others, I feel fairly confident it will be on the higher end, if not pushing 4000. I'd love to only need one day, but I am mentally preparing for two!

Yep, one day is a lot as it is. I was delighted when they were able to do everything in one day. You might be in luck as I had a total of 3875 grafts - all in one session. 

Actually, that was FUT. FUE may result in a second day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...