Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

@DrTBarghouthi is presenting Verteporfin at the WFI congress. Hopefully he can share some thoughts. 

At this point, it’s too soon to start making definitive claims on Verteporfin, we need quantitative data that measures targeted hair count, which we can then use to calculate the percentage of regrowth, if any. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

@DrTBarghouthi is presenting Verteporfin at the WFI congress. Hopefully he can share some thoughts. 

At this point, it’s too soon to start making definitive claims on Verteporfin, we need quantitative data that measures targeted hair count, which we can then use to calculate the percentage of regrowth, if any. 

Why does everyone ignore the biopsy that Dr B had with double the hairs when injected with verteporfin (don’t remember which dose) than the area without? Isn’t this what you’re claiming is needed to see wether this works or not?

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Why does everyone ignore the biopsy that Dr B had with double the hairs when injected with verteporfin (don’t remember which dose) than the area without? Isn’t this what you’re claiming is needed to see wether this works or not?

Biopsy doesn’t have quantitative data. It also didn’t have the area measured precisely to show where extractions were harvested to confirm its the appropriate section. There needs to be these things in place. Otherwise doctors and researchers will pick it apart, as they already have. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Biopsy doesn’t have quantitative data. It also didn’t have the area measured precisely to show where extractions were harvested to confirm its the appropriate section. There needs to be these things in place. Otherwise doctors and researchers will pick it apart, as they already have. 

Ok understood, didn’t know this was something that could be picked apart in this way. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Ok understood, didn’t know this was something that could be picked apart in this way. 

Believe me, I have approached multiple doctors, and this is what they’ve told me. Im no researcher or doctor. So, this was new to me, but those who’ve been involved in research have pointed this out. That said, I believe the new studies will have a better design and leave little room for reproach.

• Like 1

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Believe me, I have approached multiple doctors, and this is what they’ve told me. Im no researcher or doctor. So, this was new to me, but those who’ve been involved in research have pointed this out. That said, I believe the new studies will have a better design and leave little room for reproach.

Is there any way we can help the studies move along? I remember Dr Bisanga said he’s hoping to start in august or so. 

7 hours ago, sansi said:

10,5 months and no updates. Darn it Bloxham.

Probably doesn’t work with FUT, which I predicted before he even started it. Got bashed for it but feel like it’s common sense to stick on what’s worked and improve and prove as much as we can before we start jumping around on different tests.

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Probably doesn’t work with FUT, which I predicted before he even started it. Got bashed for it but feel like it’s common sense to stick on what’s worked and improve and prove as much as we can before we start jumping around on different tests.

If it didn't work this time, doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't work for FUT. There was a space for error. He didn't inject it at the base of the wound and 3 surgeries a day is a lot. But if it really doens't work for FUT, he's in FUT business so bad news for Bloxham. And  also possibly we were too critical about 5 month results.

Anyways it would be professional and ethical to update as promised whatever the results are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, takuma said:

i don't think Bloxham's trial failed, i think he's behind on his updates is all. Hopefully we'll get an update soon

Have a hard time believing he’d be behind on updates on one of the most revolutionary inventions on the hair transplant world in unlimited grafts.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 8:33 PM, Nikoni said:

If it didn't work this time, doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't work for FUT. There was a space for error. He didn't inject it at the base of the wound and 3 surgeries a day is a lot. But if it really doens't work for FUT, he's in FUT business so bad news for Bloxham. And  also possibly we were too critical about 5 month results.

Anyways it would be professional and ethical to update as promised whatever the results are.

I wouldn't speculate too deeply on this. 

Before he posted the 5 month results people were suggesting the reason for that delay was that the results were likely spectacular and he wanted to capitalise on it by not making them public. 

This turned out to be entirely not true. 

Likely he wanted at least two months from the previous results where the difference would likely be more evident. 

Making a video, editing it as well as all the background work involved does take time. 

Having said that, I really hope to hear something soon as it has been 4 months. 

@Melvin- Admin Is anything  in potential development after the presentation at the WFI? I know it was only a few days ago but hopefully it garnered further interest. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

I wouldn't speculate too deeply on this. 

Before he posted the 5 month results people were suggesting the reason for that delay was that the results were likely spectacular and he wanted to capitalise on it by not making them public. 

This turned out to be entirely not true. 

Likely he wanted at least two months from the previous results were the difference was most likely more evident. 

Making a video, editing it as well as all the background work involved does take time. 

Having said that, I really hope to hear something soon as it has been 4 months. 

@Melvin- Admin Is anything  in potential development after the presentation at the WFI? I know it was only a few days ago but hopefully it garnered further interest. 

I wasn’t in attendance. Maybe @DrTBarghouthi can shed some light on whether there was significant interest.

• Like 1

View my thread

I’ve been following this thread for a 4 months now. I haven’t checked in for 3 months, can someone summarise to me if this is looking more like a potential cure or not?

please, someone 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Shesayshesay said:

I’ve been following this thread for a 4 months now. I haven’t checked in for 3 months, can someone summarise to me if this is looking more like a potential cure or not?

please, someone 

Of course, I can summarise for you:

Verteporfin is an extraordinary breakthrough, not only regenerating hair but also rejuvenating humans, curing cancer and AIDS with a single shot. This advancement means that humans can now live indefinitely. Dr. Barghoutti has been awarded the Nobel Prize for this discovery. Melvin is currently the frontrunner in the polls for the 2024 presidential US elections.

Edited by Ricco
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs-down 1

32 minutes ago, Ricco said:

Of course, I can summarise for you:

Verteporfin is an extraordinary breakthrough, not only regenerating hair but also rejuvenating humans, curing cancer and AIDS with a single shot. This advancement means that humans can now live indefinitely. Dr. Barghoutti has been awarded the Nobel Prize for this discovery. Melvin is currently the frontrunner in the polls for the 2024 presidential US elections.

It also gives you a really pleasant smell.

• Like 1

• Administrators

• Like 10

View my thread

• Administrators

Please support our efforts by sharing this video. We need to spread awareness about the new trials that will start.

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Please support our efforts by sharing this video. We need to spread awareness about the new trials that will start.

Shared the vid as well as the link to this forum:

https://www.haarweb.nl/forum/showthread.php?p=484853#post484853

Said this a million times already, but thanks again for onboarding another doc to the project. Awesome work. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, takuma said:

Any progress on your verteporfin microneedling test? Have u noticed any healing differences or anything?

Nothing significant so far, but it's only been a bit over 3 weeks. There are a few follicles that began growing hairs, but that's likely regular follicle cycling (starting anagen phase). It could take one or more follicle cycles before we see anything noteworthy, especially if any repairs/changes of the follicles occur only during specific phases. Many of the terminal hairs that were cut short at the beginning of the experiment remain cut short now, so they're in telogen/paused phase. They may need to shed and start a new cycle before we see anything from them. Of course the hope is that we'll see longer anagen phases and thicker hair shafts, at least in some of the hairs. After a few months I will probably see if repeat/followup treatments have any additional effect, especially if we see some follicle improvements this round.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CureSeeker said:

Nothing significant so far, but it's only been a bit over 3 weeks. There are a few follicles that began growing hairs, but that's likely regular follicle cycling (starting anagen phase). It could take one or more follicle cycles before we see anything noteworthy, especially if any repairs/changes of the follicles occur only during specific phases. Many of the terminal hairs that were cut short at the beginning of the experiment remain cut short now, so they're in telogen/paused phase. They may need to shed and start a new cycle before we see anything from them. Of course the hope is that we'll see longer anagen phases and thicker hair shafts, at least in some of the hairs. After a few months I will probably see if repeat/followup treatments have any additional effect, especially if we see some follicle improvements this round.

I would give it 6 months before doing anything else. The paper showed early formation at 4 months in pigs, so I’d even wait half a year for humans just in case. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Fox243 I know anything Dr Bloxham has told you is in confidence, but do you have an inkling as to when/if he will provide an update?

4 months have past since the last video and he is 10 months into his trial. Even if there is only a small amount of hair in each patient at least it would put to rest scepticism people have regarding verteporfin's ability to regenerate.

Not to mention it would hopefully entice other Doctors to begin trials of their own. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 6