Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

expected more honestly from 5 months, on the other hand we see that the scar hasn't developed yet and some hair is popping out. Maybe that's just long healing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFox said:

Can’t disagree more. We should be trying both, don’t bias the research towards your preference for FUE. There is undoubtedly regrowth now in the FUT trial. It’s also narrow sighted because there are more application for healing of linear scars in regards to injuries to the skin, surgical wounds, burns, etc. 

Yep for cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery too which are adjacent industries. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

I think now we can categorically state that Verteporfin does regenerate hair follicles. 

This question can be safely (and successfully) put to bed. 

The biggest hurdle was if Verteporfin works. Undisputedly the answer is yes. 

The question is now what is the regeneration rate, especially with FUE.  

1. Can it be improved upon to near 90-100%? (This is assuming that it is not already at this mark) 

2. Again, can Verteporfin be used on transplanted hair?

If the answer is yes for one of these two questions, then essentially anyone could achieve an aesthetically fully head of hair via surgery. 

Edited by Dragonsphere
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nikoni said:

I think it's safe to say that verteporfin also works on older scars. Two of three patients had scar revisions.

Yes, and this was expected as well. The original lead researcher, Dr. Longker, said as much in several interviews. This confirms that hypothesis.

• Like 3

This will revolutionize the hair loss industry. There is surely no doubt that it regrows hair at this point. Doctors will be able  to do upwards of 10,000 grafts for literally anybody while drastically minimizing scarring and donor depletion. HT + Vert is essentially a modern-day cure should you have the money to spend for multiple HTs.

• Like 1

So all my theories about dr. Bloxham not showing results because of alterior motives can go into the dustbin :)

Nice results in the sense that at least some regrowth is observed. Hopefully we can establish percentages in upcoming trials and answer questions about the possibility to achieve the same regrowth with already transplanted grafts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

This will revolutionize the hair loss industry. There is surely no doubt that it regrows hair at this point. Doctors will be able  to do upwards of 10,000 grafts for literally anybody while drastically minimizing scarring and donor depletion. HT + Vert is essentially a modern-day cure should you have the money to spend for multiple HTs.

I am by no means an expert on hair transplantation but isn't 10k now what is expected from FUE

Most surgeons seems to be now harvesting over 50% over the donor area + BHT, means 10K is achievable in the average case.

Am I correct?

3 hours ago, ijustbethinkin said:

It also means if a treatment permanently cures dht sensitivety in existing hairs, baldness is essentially cured. 

Hair won't need to be cloned. So all the studies on Dermal Papilla cells will be enough to make hairloss gone. The bar for what we need has been lowered. 

Hair transplant plus that means we all can have thick permenant heads of hair. 

The two combined means we could have youthful hairlines restored. Thick dense heads or hair. Honestly the future I see is this, when Dr Zarev trains more people on his method. A hair transplant looks more like one mega fue session with verteporfin, dermal Papilla injection and you have your hair back. It's more like getting prk or lasik a long lasting treatment that restores prior ability. 

THING BIG

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

On 23/1/2024 at 09:36, Jay Dunman said:

Qual è stato il suo processo? Perché è così difficile. Ho sentito che anche il Regno Unito lo ha appena reso OTC anziché solo su prescrizione 

OTC what do you mean?

• Administrators
On 1/22/2024 at 11:59 PM, David149 said:

@Melvin- Admin what do you think about these results?

To be honest, it doesn't look too impressive. I'm going to speculate, so this is just a theory. Verteporfin could be less effective when harvesting a large piece of tissue like a strip. That said, it seems consistent with what we saw in the pig study. It may make more sense to apply Verteporfin with FUE, as the tiny extractions allow Verteporfin to do a better job inhibiting the engrailed-1 pathway. Of course, I'm not a scientist, but that's the only thing I can speculate on.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

To be honest, it doesn't look too impressive. I'm going to speculate, so this is just a theory. Verteporfin could be less effective when harvesting a large piece of tissue like a strip. That said, it seems consistent with what we saw in the pig study. It may make more sense to apply Verteporfin with FUE, as the tiny extractions allow Verteporfin to do a better job inhibiting the engrailed-1 pathway. Of course, I'm not a scientist, but that's the only thing I can speculate on.

Agree, not impressive so far, but there's a chance it needs more time. Nevertheless there were still positive signs, some hair was growing through the wounds and it seemed to be delayed healing and scar tissue hasn't formed  yet. It's safe to say verteporfin is doing something.

BTW, any updates on Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Barghouthi trials dates ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It was impressive from a scar reduction stand point 

How was Dr Bargouthi's FUE test doing 5 months post surgery?

It wasn't all that impressive, and I for one zoned out, but then that 15 month (or was it 18 month?) update with the total regrowth is what really sparked the frenzy of interest, and as a betting man, I bet a lot more hair is going to sprout in that FUT closure over the next several months. 

Edited by Hair Tomorrow
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

It wasn't all that impressive, and I for one zoned out, but then that 15 month (or was it 18 month?) update with the total regrowth is what really sparked the frenzy of interest, and as a betting man, I bet a lot more hair is going to sprout in that FUT closure over the next several months. 

i think after 5 months many people said they cant see much difference

Doctors need to start offering vert at this point, what have they got to lose, even if its a 20% regrowth which we can confidently say is at that rate or higher, what do they lose?, it has an amazing safety profile, and is already approved for off label use. I think im going to start looking for a doctor who is willing to use this, no point playing the waiting game any longer we know it works for regrowth, I personally dont care if its 30% or 80%, ill happily take either considering the alternative is a transplant with no regrowth lol.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Dr. Barghouthis 5 months results were much more promising, but again there's a possibility of FUT slower healing.
2C1583EA-4428-49BF-A07B-9A986669E84C.thu

I'm seeing lots of white hairless spots in these 5 months post-op photos of Dr Bargouthi's FUE verteporfin test (and that's at the most effective dose), which are not seen in the end photos another 10 months later, so to me it looks like FUTs are going to be scarless too - but who would want a Verteporfin FUT with all the scalp tightness and numbness  if Verteporfin FUE's are limitless?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I'm seeing lots of white hairless spots in these 5 months post-op photos of Dr Bargouthi's FUE verteporfin test (and that's at the most effective dose), which are not seen in the end photos another 10 months later, so to me it looks like FUTs are going to be scarless too - but who would want a Verteporfin FUT with all the scalp tightness and numbness  if Verteporfin FUE's are limitless?

Yeah that's my question too. Bloxhams study though is probably incredibly helpful for scar reduction/prevention in other procedures. 

Verteporfin has the potential to eradicate linear scars, and yet no face lift surgeons are testing it - strange. 

Eyelid lifts often leave a noticeable linear scar, and yet no surgeon has attempted a Verteporfin eyelift yet?

And what about Verteporfin in breast reduction scars (which are extensive), or Verteporfin with breast augmentation scars?

All I am seeing is a few acne scar surgeons talking Verteporfin up (but not showing anything). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Verteporfin has the potential to eradicate linear scars, and yet no face lift surgeons are testing it - strange. 

Eyelid lifts often leave a noticeable linear scar, and yet no surgeon has attempted a Verteporfin eyelift yet?

And what about Verteporfin in breast reduction scars (which are extensive), or Verteporfin with breast augmentation scars?

All I am seeing is a few acne scar surgeons talking Verteporfin up (but not showing anything). 

I had a blepharoplasty to fix ptosis and I don’t notice any scar. Maybe the surgeons don’t keep up with new stuff in that specific area or maybe since it’s so new and it’s the norm for other surgeons to leave scars for the same surgeries they don’t have incentive to venture out. But once a certain number of surgeons start to implement it with positive results then it would catch on due to the nature of competition 

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Yep, also allot of facial implant scars can be in places with facial hair.