Dr Freitas or Konior? Who would you go for irrespective of cost / location.

Hi, 

I've had two surgeries with Dr Rahal and planning my next move. Considering both Konior and Freitas, which of the two would you guys go for?

I hope some of you guys can help in my journey. My second crown procedure didn't yield a good result so need to plan carefully as donor is in limited supply and want to ensure the next move is the right one i.e. go with the best doc.

I checked your threads. The result of your first transplant with Rahal was really good whereas the second one was poor...

I think you can't go wrong with Freitas or Konior. 

They are both amongst the top 10 in the world in my opinion. Both are excellent. 

Who's better ? Pfff man I really don't know... 50/50.  

Freitas is probably slightly better for hairline artistry whereas Konior is better for providing more coverage with less grafts. 

It really depends on your budget and how much your are willing to spend on your procedure. Konior is extremely expensive but if you can afford it then go for it. 

I think Konior can close the bald spot on your crown much much better than Rahal. That's for sure. 

Honestly they are both top level and it totally depends on who matches more with your desires, for hairline I think Freitas is probably the best right now alongside Couto, Konior is considered to be the best overall in the world, so yeah, easy and hard choice at the same time.

13 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

I checked your threads. The result of your first transplant with Rahal was really good whereas the second one was poor...

I think you can't go wrong with Freitas or Konior. 

They are both amongst the top 10 in the world in my opinion. Both are excellent. 

Who's better ? Pfff man I really don't know... 50/50.  

Freitas is probably slightly better for hairline artistry whereas Konior is better for providing more coverage with less grafts. 

It really depends on your budget and how much your are willing to spend on your procedure. Konior is extremely expensive but if you can afford it then go for it. 

I think Konior can close the bald spot on your crown much much better than Rahal. That's for sure. 

Thanks for your response.

It indeed is a tough decision. I guess with my case, I am looking for better coverage considering limited amount of supply left. Would you recommend Konior then?

Budget obviously I would prefer to spend less. Konior's prices are astronomical but his results are top notch.

Freitas is probably cheaper (does anyone know price per graft?) but if same coverage can be achieved with lesser price, it would be better while not compromising on quality. 

19 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Honestly they are both top level and it totally depends on who matches more with your desires, for hairline I think Freitas is probably the best right now alongside Couto, Konior is considered to be the best overall in the world, so yeah, easy and hard choice at the same time.

Yes indeed a tough choice. I guess the question then is, who can give the best coverage given I have limited supply of grafts left. Bisanga had said no to me due to limited supply in donor area.

22 minutes ago, xabi86 said:

Yes indeed a tough choice. I guess the question then is, who can give the best coverage given I have limited supply of grafts left. Bisanga had said no to me due to limited supply in donor area.

Sorry I havent read your previous threads but have you used beard grafts to supplement?

• Administrators

They're both excellent surgeons. Consult with both, you will find your choice after you consult with them via video.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, xabi86 said:

Hi, 

I've had two surgeries with Dr Rahal and planning my next move. Considering both Konior and Freitas, which of the two would you guys go for?

I hope some of you guys can help in my journey. My second crown procedure didn't yield a good result so need to plan carefully as donor is in limited supply and want to ensure the next move is the right one i.e. go with the best doc.

Unrelated how many donor grafts have doctors assumed you have left? Konior seems to do a great job with making more out of less . If let’s say you used 5200 grafts and have maybe 2k left before overharvest then I’d go Konior but both are outstanding

Either one honestly.  Consult with both, and if budget really isn’t an issue, go with your gut after speaking with both.

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here: