Best Clinic For My Case

I know there is no "best" clinic or surgeon, but, which doc would fit for my case?  Specifically FUE, hairline lowering and temple re-construction.  I know re-constructing temples is difficult which is why I wanted feedback from here on their top 2 or 3 in this specialized category.  

42yrs old

0.5 Fin for 17 years

HT#1 was FUT of 2k grafts with Hasson 17 years ago

Hair has been pretty stable the past 17 yrs.

Typical hairstyle: Long finger length on top and start with a 0.5 fade on nape and work my way up on the sides and back

Hair type: Thick and wavy/frizzy

Living in USA

Goals: 

1.  Lower the hairline around 1 cm and flatten a bit.  Meaning bring the temple corners down slightly more than 1 cm, maybe 1.25 or 1.5cms.  So go from a "V" hairline to more of a "U".

2.  Temple points to connect to the lowered hairline and temple corners

3.  Add more density to the already existing transplanted hairs in the frontal third to mid.  

When you see the pics; the thinning part in the front third is all HT hair.  I am told I have a solid donor and crown is fine.

I am estimating around 2200-2500 for the hairline and temples; and around 500-700 to thicken up the existing front to mid.

What are your thoughts on these estimates?  

Thoughts on Docs:

Bisanga- I am arranging a consult.  I like his temple and hairline work.

Ferreira- As I posted earlier, waiting list is way too long which is unfortunate.  I feel my case is similar to @Sitries1 who went with Ferreira and would really love a result similar to that.

Hasson- Not loving that recent case being talked about and haven't seen many results with temple re-construction.

Konior- too expensive for me

Eugenix- shying away due to a few recent cases

Pics attached with different angles, different lighting, and some product in it which makes it look wet/thin.  I also got sunburned over the weekend; so my scalp is a little red.

So, what do you think of my estimates and which doc would fit well for my case?

new hairline.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (10).jpg

unnamed (11).jpg

unnamed (16).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed10.jpg

unnamed (17).jpg

The best doctors for this type of temple work from what Ive seen are Dr Mwamba, Dr Bisanga, Dr Reddy, Dr Konior, Hasson and Wong, Dr Cooley and Dr Couto. The most important things when it comes to temple transplantation are choosing the finest, yet healthy hair in your donor and placing them at a very low degree, while also following the way your hair naturally flows. You described your hair as "thick and wavy" - good when you want coverage, but not perfect when it comes to this very delicate area.

There are MAYBE 15 clinics in the world that are capable of producing "good enough" temple work, so choose carefully and take your time.

1 hour ago, nicoandgello said:

The best doctors for this type of temple work from what Ive seen are Dr Mwamba, Dr Bisanga, Dr Reddy, Dr Konior, Hasson and Wong, Dr Cooley and Dr Couto. The most important things when it comes to temple transplantation are choosing the finest, yet healthy hair in your donor and placing them at a very low degree, while also following the way your hair naturally flows. You described your hair as "thick and wavy" - good when you want coverage, but not perfect when it comes to this very delicate area.

There are MAYBE 15 clinics in the world that are capable of producing "good enough" temple work, so choose carefully and take your time.

Isn’t Cooley only FUT?

Just now, nicoandgello said:

Looks like a heavy Spain/Portugal bias to me

Pretty true, I can not suggest Doctors that I dont know yet. I am new on this particular forum and discovering  new doctors that looks great but still have to check more cases to give a recommendation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If it's temple points then Eugenix definitely comes to mind. Some good surgeons recommended above. If this was your first surgery with H+W then it has really served you well along with finasteride 0.5mg over the past 17 years. All the best!

Yep, got it at 25 and it was a game changer!

10 hours ago, Falconary said:

Look into Dr Bruno Pinto, I think that he makes amazing natural hairlines and temporal peaks reconstruction. 

I just looked at this case and love the angles he created on the temples.  Do you know the availability? A year out?

2 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

I just looked at this case and love the angles he created on the temples.  Do you know the availability? A year out?

The work really looks high quality, but its nothing like what you want. That person got hairline and temple reinforcement, while you are looking for complete reconstruction and hairline lowering.

5 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

I just read elsewhere that if you want Bisanga to do the graft insertion the cost is increased, is this true?

It appears to be about double the cost if you want Dr. Bisanga to do all punching and making recipient sites, vs having Dr. Kostis share this. When it gets closer to the time I’m really going to have to decide which option, as that will be a huge price difference. I have seen amazing results from patients who have opted to have Dr. Kostis contribute, though I can’t confirm if this isn’t as high quality as Bisanga doing it all. 

2 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You will require 1000 to 1200 grafts if you would like to lower your hairline and 200 grafts each on the temple points approximately.

How many would you say are needed to fill in the thin area? 500?  I assume 3’s and 4’s would be optimal for more coverage?

As I am still a newbie on here, I was going to pose this question during a consult but thought I would throw it out to the forum. 

Do you think all the grafts that go into my existing thin areas should be 3's and 4's, leaving the singles and doubles to into the hairline and temple reconstruction?

On 7/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, Calihome1 said:

0.5 Fin for 17 years

I know this if off topic so apologies but I always like to the pick the brain of long time fin users. Did you ever have to adjust dose? Did you ever notice any side wahtsoever? Have you ever had T levels or other levels from blood test checked?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I know this if off topic so apologies but I always like to the pick the brain of long time fin users. Did you ever have to adjust dose? Did you ever notice any side wahtsoever? Have you ever had T levels or other levels from blood test checked?

Thanks

I’ve had tons of blood tests over the past year due to unrelated health issues, everything has come back normal.

• Like 1

• Administrators

We have our list of recommendations from all over, this is a fairly straightforward case. I suggest looking at the link, researching these doctors, and then submitting some consultations.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.