Asmed Hair Transplant Apr 2022 (~5,000 grafts)

IMM1979

the herd mentality and bias is true, and while the forum is leaned heavily toward the "recommended" surgeons, we can view cases of non recommended ones as well.

in a way, this forum is operated with sponsors true, but as far as i know it, the forum relies on the sponsors to take care of their own reputation and standards. at least, it's still better than places where it's simply just marketing without any control on their standard and ethic. there is also defensiveness toward their recommendation, but at least it's not as heavy handed as most other forums are. 

i understand you are skeptical since they seem to be heavily biased for their docs, and very much against where you went. but you do have to realise that ASMED's work while isn't as harrowing as 50-50 chance that people make it out to be, and the 99% of clinic in turkey are hair mills, these overexaggeration aren't based on nothing.

just go through the search function and you can see how many people are scarred from asmed's work, not to mention the amount of marketing that asmed does, including asking their patients to post or having deals for that, which i am not privy to. 

to be honest, i almost went to cosmedica or asmed. upon further research then i found the many sketchy cases, which then led me to find this forum among many. this forum isn't where i started my research, but a lot of my information i received here, just because this is where i can find them in numbers and that i find many are credible. you just have to shift through the data and then see it objectively.

that said, i do hope that your HT grows well. nobody should or deserve to have bad work on them, whether they're trying to save money, or being ignorant and not doing any research. everyone here is suffering from the same problem and hopefully will manage to solve it.

• Like 1

@mafpethank you for this, great points. Guess it is a learning experience for everyone - my first HT was in 2013 when I knew nothing (will do a separate post about that also) and yes, choosing a place has a lot to do with budget, time and convenience (outside of the surgeon). My first choice was Bicer, but she was booked for a year and I was already going to be in Greece and Turkey so went with option 2 on the list. Let's see how it turns out. Hope for the best, expect the worst!

You seem very angry that people here don't love ASMED - what do you expect when we've seen threads about them butchering guys heads and taking zero responsibility for it? You may get a good result, you may not, but I would never ever recommend anybody take a chance with such an unethical clinic.

Edited by Aslitarcan sucks
  • Like 4

@Aslitarcan sucksi am not angry at all. If you read all my posts you will see issues I had with this clinic. Maybe you did not read them.  I am more amazed at the herd mentality on this forum. For example, there is a huge pro community for Eugenix in India. I personally think they are awful after going for a consult ( incidentally, I am from India and no one in my network has ever heard of them). But, to each their own. Maybe they treat foreigners better. That is always the case when $ are involved. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:09 PM, IMM1979 said:

@Aslitarcan sucksi am not angry at all. If you read all my posts you will see issues I had with this clinic. Maybe you did not read them.  I am more amazed at the herd mentality on this forum. For example, there is a huge pro community for Eugenix in India. I personally think they are awful after going for a consult ( incidentally, I am from India and no one in my network has ever heard of them). But, to each their own. Maybe they treat foreigners better. That is always the case when $ are involved. 

There is a big following because Eugenix consistently pump out fantastic results, ASMED botched so many patients it should be criminal, they are awful even by hair mill standards.. in any case, hope you have more luck than me mate, Koray Erdogan ruined my life for chump change, I would pay 10x more to get my grafts back that he flushed down the toilet.. it was the worst decision in my life and the repercussions have been horrible.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

On 6/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, IMM1979 said:

Week 7 post haircut photos (back and front). 17 Jun 2022 

9801AA23-9A8C-4C55-90F0-533E2DBB2BC3.jpeg

63040CA6-2EEB-4974-A709-F2FF1639605D.jpeg

Dear IMM1979,

Thank you for sharing the 7 weeks post op pictures. It is amazing to see how the changes happened from the first day post op until now. Everyone will have a chance to see the changes that will happen in the future as well. 

As the 2 months post op is just tomorrow and you are in the shedding/changing phase at the moment it is important to take care of your hair and the skin as well. The skin is healing, hair is growing/shedding. Your skin looks healthy and no pimples at all (This is great). Of course, pimples can appear, it is normal as the hair will pop out through there. If happens please do not squeeze them, just massage while washing and the pimple should disappear and. a few days. 

You can correct your hair with scissors but the pressure while using the shaving machine might be a bit harsh for a sensitive skin at the moment. Therefore, we do not recommend. The scissors are the safest instruments for correcting the hair after the hair transplant.

We will be following up on you and if there is any question at all please do not hesitate to contact your patient coordinator or anyone in ASMED Clinic (including me).

We are standing should er to shoulder with you and we are here to help you as we always do for each of our ASMED patient. 

The comments/opinions happen but this will never change the reality that we stand behind each of our patient whatever happens!

Wish you All an Amazing Hair Day!

Regards,

Suzana Kubinek

ASMED Clinic

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

On 6/18/2022 at 5:06 AM, mafpe said:

the herd mentality and bias is true, and while the forum is leaned heavily toward the "recommended" surgeons, we can view cases of non recommended ones as well.

in a way, this forum is operated with sponsors true, but as far as i know it, the forum relies on the sponsors to take care of their own reputation and standards. at least, it's still better than places where it's simply just marketing without any control on their standard and ethic. there is also defensiveness toward their recommendation, but at least it's not as heavy handed as most other forums are. 

i understand you are skeptical since they seem to be heavily biased for their docs, and very much against where you went. but you do have to realise that ASMED's work while isn't as harrowing as 50-50 chance that people make it out to be, and the 99% of clinic in turkey are hair mills, these overexaggeration aren't based on nothing.

just go through the search function and you can see how many people are scarred from asmed's work, not to mention the amount of marketing that asmed does, including asking their patients to post or having deals for that, which i am not privy to. 

to be honest, i almost went to cosmedica or asmed. upon further research then i found the many sketchy cases, which then led me to find this forum among many. this forum isn't where i started my research, but a lot of my information i received here, just because this is where i can find them in numbers and that i find many are credible. you just have to shift through the data and then see it objectively.

that said, i do hope that your HT grows well. nobody should or deserve to have bad work on them, whether they're trying to save money, or being ignorant and not doing any research. everyone here is suffering from the same problem and hopefully will manage to solve it.

You were so lucky and smart to stay clear.., I found this forum just when the ASMED hype was high and was fooled into selecting them... I wish every day, every minute and every single second of my life that I had done a little more research... you only have one donor, and one life, if you have a failed transplant, you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of fibers, weird hairstyles, constantly worrying about your hair, feeling ugly and depressed.. it affects all facets of your life... this is why I try to help people stay clear of hair mills like ASMED, even years ago when I did my transplant there were  better and safer options than ASMED.. today it is pure madness choosing them.. insanity ..

Edited by Nccan
  • Like 1

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

10 minutes ago, Nccan said:

You were so lucky and smart to stay clear.., I found this forum just when the ASMED hype was high and was fooled into selecting them... I wish every day, every minute and every single second of my life that I had done a little more research... you only have one donor, and one life, if you have a failed transplant, you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of fibers, weird hairstyles, constantly worrying about your hair, feeling ugly and depressed.. it affects all facets of your life... this is why I try to help people stay clear of hair mills like ASMED, even years ago when I did my transplant there were  better and safer options than ASMED.. today it is pure madness choosing them.. insanity ..

yes... usually being worrywart or paranoid is bad for me in general, but thankfully this trait came in handy for this particular instance... i was about to go to cosmedica at first, but i did look for possible failure etc just in case, and then found out more about HT due to this. to be honest i almost picked cosmedica as well, that is until i saw a few really bad results... one of them is here and the thread has been locked but can be viewed (it's rather infamous back then). dr erdogan was considered one of the best back then but when the bussiness model transitioned, it changed quite a lot.

i've no real idea on what transpired with you, but since on the post before you, the rep said that they would always stand with their patients, can @ASMEDMANUALFUE adress @Nccan's trouble seeing that he had an operation with your clinic?

this way people here can get a clearer picture of what's with ASMED currently and if the reputation is true or not. not to mention OP here said that they're just sharing their experience but get stamped as a marketing scheme in some people's mind. Hopefully this can clear people's misunderstanding or misgiving. ofc if this would be considered a thread derailment it's best to make a whole new thread (unless it's not, then perhaps it can continue here).

22 minutes ago, Nccan said:

Dear Nccan,

We are always here for all our patients.

On your profile is written/it seems, that you were our patient but we couldn't find your thread to understand what is the exact issue and to help.

Therefore, it would be great if we can learn your name and date of the procedure so we can learn exactly, how can we help you.

We need to know your full name and date of the procedure to find your patient file in order to review your details and find the best solution.

We respect/have the privacy policy and we do not expose our patients details online for everyone to see. 

(We contacted you via private messages as well)

Hope to hear from you soon and please do not hesitate to contact us via private messages.

Wish you an amazing day.

Regards, 

Suzana Kubinek

ASMED Clinic

13 minutes ago, Egy said:

@ASMEDMANUALFUEYou also helped @miko, @110620, @dust78 or another user on another forum to whom you blamed the failure of his transplant because he had a heart attack?

They are trying to gain a presence again on this forum, I feel so goddamn sorry for guys that are fooled into going here... it is devastating... I wish the mods would just ban any mention of these hair mills once and for all, I don't understand why it is allowed to happen again 

8 minutes ago, Nccan said:

They are trying to gain a presence again on this forum, I feel so goddamn sorry for guys that are fooled into going here... it is devastating... I wish the mods would just ban any mention of these hair mills once and for all, I don't understand why it is allowed to happen again 

This is a forum, not like the others, nobody is banned except those who defame or offend, so it is right to give a voice to everyone, even to Asmed, but on the field, not with words, then, each of us or who will come in the future, it is right that he knows everything, in order to make his decision, the material to do so is there.

2 minutes ago, Egy said:

This is a forum, not like the others, nobody is banned except those who defame or offend, so it is right to give a voice to everyone, even to Asmed, but on the field, not with words, then, each of us or who will come in the future, it is right that he knows everything, in order to make his decision, the material to do so is there.

This is true brother, it is quite easy as the results speak for themselves in this case

• Like 1

i don't think heart attack would affect HT result unless it was on operation day or very shortly after... 

anyway @Nccan, do take care if you're to give your information. i don't know the actual condition but i just searched the forum and there were talk of harrassments / suing. again, i have no idea if these are true or not, but if it is, do document it, for your own safety (not telling you to post here etc, just record it if it happens, you have proof that they did so you'd be safe from any defamation etc and can instead countersue).

due to the interest i also have searched abit more and... well... its possible that asmed had once been recommended (not 100% sure on this) until their standard dropped. the dr claimed that there was nothing that changed, and it's just unhappy patients that the mods seems to agree with. it's a fact that there are a lot of asmed patients, and many of the threads seems like somewhat sketchy and as if they are paid or asked to do so (i have no idea if this is the case or not, just that they do seem like a marketing moment), as many aren't exactly update by time, more like "bam, here's the result". not to accuse asmed of doing these purely by marketing, and marketing is fine in my opinion, what matter is the actual result that is being dished out, and they do deliver correct information and result as good as they promised.

it seems that it's a fact however that asmed did have a lot of bad result on certain period, and as for recent event i have no idea if it is good or bad, but there are people here with 'botched' works (all doctors have them). 

@ASMEDMANUALFUE thank you for your message. While I appreciate your comments, please refrain from making further posts on this stream, and instead spend your time helping those patients that have had issues with their transplants in the past. I quote from above, @Nccan, @miko, @110620, @dust78

My personal goal is to track my photos over the next year and potentially receive unbiased opinions from fellow hair transplant patients. At this juncture, I do not require opinions from the clinic or their practitioners (unless you are willing to offer advice if you can see that things are NOT going well). I have the contact information for my patient coordinator(s) and will reach out to them if I need further clinical support. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IMM1979 said:

188A1E11-8E4A-4A41-9A45-8034267A5461.thumb.jpeg.d80b52839d4af4f836fc31e1b7b39e2f.jpeg994FD755-DE3B-4F61-8FF4-1D59A6F1F169.thumb.jpeg.e9a4f52716b418bec399edb8961db197.jpeg3D748FDB-4BE5-4E76-8590-E0C8056875E2.thumb.jpeg.9874faf5714dd8ad36a5415918f2b673.jpeg0B8C1DC4-E7DE-48D0-840F-D2B8A17C983C.thumb.jpeg.b606b33f4d6c18e0e134179d2176bdd5.jpeg56C47F73-F0DC-42A3-8BDF-B868BBAAD95A.thumb.jpeg.f435de6133fa27dde4c381304ef816d9.jpeg

Happy growing ! your donor has already healed and it looks very good, which shows a good donor management from clinic. Do you know what's the punch diamater of donor grafts extraction and if it is a manual punch ?

23 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

@ASMEDMANUALFUE thank you for your message. While I appreciate your comments, please refrain from making further posts on this stream, and instead spend your time helping those patients that have had issues with their transplants in the past. I quote from above, @Nccan, @miko, @110620, @dust78

My personal goal is to track my photos over the next year and potentially receive unbiased opinions from fellow hair transplant patients. At this juncture, I do not require opinions from the clinic or their practitioners (unless you are willing to offer advice if you can see that things are NOT going well). I have the contact information for my patient coordinator(s) and will reach out to them if I need further clinical support. Thank you. 

Hi IMM1979,

Thank you for being cooperative and making your point as well. 

As a clinic we follow our patients post and we are open for every patient at all times.

Therefore, mentioned forum members above were already contacted in past. 
The help was offered and it still stands out. It is not possible to have an influence on someone’s decisions except to be willing to provide the guidance any time. 

I have to point out that once again you are completely right - your patient coordinator, your surgeon as well as the clinic are there for you and all the other patients  as a support and guidance at all times.

Wish you an amazing journey and we are happy yo follow up your progress.

Regards,

Suzana

ASMED Clinic

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

Thanks @Gatsby. At this stage, are weekly photos useful going forward, or every four weeks better? Seems not much changes week to week.. 

I would do it monthly. As for finasteride have you had a bad experience using it? If not (and I'm not a doctor) why not try it and if you feel that you're getting sides then cease the drug. Either way happy growing! 🙏