Asmed Hair Transplant Apr 2022 (~5,000 grafts)

IMM1979

Hey all, here to document my photos mainly as a way to keep track of the progress. Happy to have comments on what people think on the progress. 

Thanks!

Pre-transplant routine: Daily multivitamin , daily Zinc + Selenium

Transplant dates: Apr 26 (2,700 grafts) and Apr 27 (2,300 grafts)
May 30th: Started on Pura D'or Gold Label shampoo
Jun 10th: Started on Minoxidil Foam (forHims)

Apr 28 Back Day 0 post op.jpg

Apr 28 Front Day 0 post op.jpg

May 6 wk 1 back.jpg

May 6 wk 1 Front .jpg

May 11 wk 2 back.jpg

May 11 wk 2 front.jpg

june 2 wk 5 back.jpg

june 2 wk 5 front.jpg

Second post from an asmed clinic patient within days , this is very suspicious and also the fact that both posts are of 5000k grafts “exactly “ has my spider sense tingling. 

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 2

sounds like Asmed isn't popular on here. If you read my post, am here to keep a record of the photos to track the progress. If you have any feedback on that, much appreciated. Didn't know an official photo with Asmed in the background was required but happy to put one up if it helps.

The fancy pre-surgery photo. What I received at the end of the two-day session on a paper labeled the GRAFT Calculator:
Total: 5,056 grafts  Ratio 2.03 hair/graft
Temporal 496g/1.79 ;  Parietal 2,053g/2.05 ; Occipital 2,507/2.07 

1,226 Single 

2,563 Double 

1,145 Triple

117 Quadruple 

5 Quintuple 

0 Sextuple 

pre-surgery assessment photos.jpg

36 minutes ago, IMM1979 said:

sounds like Asmed isn't popular on here. If you read my post, am here to keep a record of the photos to track the progress. If you have any feedback on that, much appreciated. Didn't know an official photo with Asmed in the background was required but happy to put one up if it helps.

asmed is infamous since it's option without the main doctor himself is considered a hair mill, and there are several bad result even with the main doc. Coupled with tons of user here with botched results. and lately there are several new user that comes out and just post asmed work.

from your first post it seems you take multivitamins and minox?
just an input, but your minox can be changed. for hims overcharge for the product and isn't more effective compared to most, it's the same. and you can consider finasteride since it slows your hair loss. ofc, finas has it chance of side effect so do tread carefully.

• Like 2

thanks @ mapfe super helpful feedback. I paid up for the main doctor though what I will say is I have no idea how long he stays in the room due to the medications..
Re Finasteride, am strongly opposed to it and personally get annoyed that so many surgeons push it. Don't want to take it due to side effects and am currently family planning. Have considered topical fin + min from For Hims but decided to try just Minoxidil foam for the time being. Multivitamins I started around Jan/Feb.  

Interesting to see an ASMED case here. I'll be watching. Based on other posts, they tend to have big teams and extract a lot of grafts, which is great if it works but can be a huge waste (of grafts & $$) if it doesn't. I'm hoping its the former in this case!! Keep us updated OP. 

Good luck mate and happy growing. Thanks for sharing your hair transplant progress with us. This seems to be  a clean job from Asmed. Which package did you choose? The one that Dr Erdogan is doing the incisions, or the other package where other doctor is doing the incisions ? 

Edited by Gramatik

Thanks @Gramatik. I went with the premium package and paid up for Erdogan doing incisions. Took some photos post haircut today , curious on your thoughts on donor area.. will post shortly 

Edited by IMM1979

btw anyone have thoughts on using clippers on the transplanted area? ASMED tells patients SIX MONTHS strictly NO Clippers on transplanted part, though I can't really understand the science/logic behind that --> seems most doctors say 1-2 months is fine. Thoughts, anyone?

3 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

Thanks for that and hope you keep following .. given all the ASMED haters on this forum would be bummed out if it turns out crap. But won’t let the negativity drag me down .. 

Unfortunately, after hearing bad stories about Asmed, we are very wary here, even towards real patients, who, to be credible, have to put in a little effort.  For example, the fact that you have published your thread, just registered on the forum and 2 months after the procedure, could make you doubt a little, you could be one of the clinic, and this is a result that has already largely come to an end with a stellar final result ( because like all hair mills, some excellent results from Asmed), but that the clinic (to regain credibility) will take care and patience to publish the developments month by month.  But it could also be NO, and that is that you are a real patient who will publish his journey.  On the photos you posted, when you were in the clinic on the monitor where there is the grafts count, there was also indicated the day of the procedure, (Although easily editable if you are from the clinic.) right?  Could you make it visible?

Edited by Egy

thanks @EgyI note your points on this. I did receive a pen drive with some photos on it, need to look for it . I can't remember if it has dates but there were a ton of photos. As for this forum, again I see your point, though it seems there is a strong herd mentality towards clinics with a strong bias, rather than genuine opinions. For example, strong bias against Turkish clinics in general (except a handful) but strong positive for Eugenix (this also surprised me, as after my consultation with them I felt pretty uncomfortable to proceed - more on that later). Personally, I had plenty of issues with Asmed too, in particular their business practices, payments, and to some extent overselling.  However, my goal at this point is to document my overall journey and hopefully collect some feedback on the photos. Thanks.

@IMM1979I wish you all the best if you are a real patient, but I don't think this forum goes against Asmed, I know it was once also recommended here, and if the admin decided to remove it from the list of recommended clinics / surgeons, a reason it will be.

6 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

Thanks for that and hope you keep following .. given all the ASMED haters on this forum would be bummed out if it turns out crap. But won’t let the negativity drag me down .. 

What's done is done mate, try to stay positive, ASMED is like playing Russian roulette but there are still some decent results coming out of that clinic, we are simply trying to warn future guys as there are FAR safer options even in Turkey and Europe around the same price range.. but like I said, it's done now so try to stay positive and whatever happens, never return to that clinic, and don't let Koray Erdogan ir ASMED convince you anything is somehow your fault

Edited by Nccan

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

Looks like ASMED is attempting a comeback on this forum 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if you are a true patient bro or some kind of undercover ASMED consultant but we all know  this clinic is bad...

Okay they do have a couple of good results on youtube (cherry picked of course)  but we all know they are a hairmill that was removed from this forum because of constantly producing bad results and more importantly because their ethics are terrible....

Anyways, if you are a real genuine patient I wish you the best. 🙏

For other guys who would ever consider them based on your thread: avoid them. 

• Like 3

@Hair transplant is a hugethank you for your comments. Im with you. I dont trust any comments about hair clinics on this forum. My view is stronger than ever that its a herd mentality and people follow each other without conviction or real opinion. The stock market is the same. My impression so far is people on this forum get paid from promoting certain clinics. So in reality, there is nothing special about this site. I will continue to post my photos mainly for myself so I have a record on the progress. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IMM1979 said:

My impression so far is people on this forum get paid from promoting certain clinics.

I don't think so, obviously you don't know the other forums, try to take a tour of the European ones, especially the Italian one, there other than people paid to advertise, there is a real business, they are commercial activities under the name of forums , openly stated by their founder / administrator.