Asmed Hair Transplant Apr 2022 (~5,000 grafts)

IMM1979

I'm happy you got a good result mate, but you were lucky, plain and simply ASMED is a hair mill and going there is  a terrible choice for anyone, there are safer and more ethical clinics in Turkey at the same price point. Do not gamble with your lives guys, one bad decision could have years of repercussions on your social life and self esteem. 

• Like 2

Two interesting photos here side by side . Left side taken Oct 5, 2021, at the time when I was emailing various clinics with head shots . 7 months before transplant . 

Right side was taken today, Oct 4, 2022, one year later and 5 months and 1 week after the transplant. 

Needless to say, I barely recognize myself! 

D04CDD91-C8BA-43FB-A403-76A5D4375289.jpeg

1FB5BABD-263E-487F-B7BE-E9AF6519E122.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

Happy Friday all! Firmly into 5.5 months and a couple of photos from sunny Hong Kong . Tagging a few people here in case you missed the recent updates.. 

@Gatsby

@davidn

@Britalian

@Jackdaniels

74FFAAF7-62F0-4B33-AB9B-C500DAECC72E.jpeg

A1BA2D55-B069-4D2F-8C46-1E1251983B58.jpeg

It’s only 5.5 months and it’s already an awesome result.. it’s a real transformation.. enjoy your result ! 👍🙌

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 1

Great result @IMM1979, looks awesome! 

I'm from Australia and had 2,200 graphs back in 2018 at ASMED. I choose Erdogan based purely off the positive results and reccomendations from this forums!!

Crazy to see the different opinions now on the forum but he honestly changed my life and I feel like I picked up an awesome result. 

I have had a a little more thinning and would like some more density so considering another 2,000 at some point and your post has helped. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus1980 said:

Great result @IMM1979, looks awesome! 

I'm from Australia and had 2,200 graphs back in 2018 at ASMED. I choose Erdogan based purely off the positive results and reccomendations from this forums!!

Crazy to see the different opinions now on the forum but he honestly changed my life and I feel like I picked up an awesome result. 

I have had a a little more thinning and would like some more density so considering another 2,000 at some point and your post has helped. 

Thanks @Aus1980and great to hear from a fellow “victim.” Yes it seems opinions on clinics change fast on this forum but just got to remember any clinic can provide a great or bad result at anytime.. There are a few things I do for my hair now that I think have helped (but are not popular on this forum ) and have got some friends now doing the same thing , happy to share my stack with you if you want .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

Thanks @Aus1980and great to hear from a fellow “victim.” Yes it seems opinions on clinics change fast on this forum but just got to remember any clinic can provide a great or bad result at anytime.. There are a few things I do for my hair now that I think have helped (but are not popular on this forum ) and have got some friends now doing the same thing , happy to share my stack with you if you want .. 

I'm really glad you got a good result mate because getting a botched transplant is incredibly traumatic.. there are so many old and recent cases from this clinic where they wrecked guys.. both here, on the german forums, on the italian and french forums.

This clinic is a hair mill, it is unethical to perform the number of surgeries a day that ASMED does, especially while advertising it with the face of Koray Erdogan. Going here does not mean you are getting a surgery with Koray but one with his army of techs. It is unethical! 

There are other clinics with similar costs in Turkey that are safer in every aspect, any guy considering ASMED needs to take a step back and do proper research!

• Like 1

Hey @botchedguy95 It was the positive results which made me choose him and I'm glad I did, this was back in 2016 / 2017 so maybe it's changed. I think from memory there were 4 of us on the day and eveything went really well. 

How is it unethical? People who go there understand that's their procedure don't they, he definitely did my design, plan and incisions. 

Would there be 20 good surgeons who do their own extractions, maybe 50? There are about 4 billion males on the planet, 50% (a guess) suffer from hairloss so that's 2billion. ASMED help 4 or 8 a day instead of 1. I'd say with any cosmetic procedure there are risks it won't go well but we can't all access or afford a one on one treatment. If ASMED are doing 1,000 procedures a year you'll also start seeing a lot more poor results based on the overall numbers even if the % of poor results is no different to other doctors. I also think it's more likely to post a bad result online. 

I'm not taking anything away from a poor procedure or that it isn't traumatic and I think this forum is great for publishing all good and bad reaults to help others. Agree completely we all need to choose what's best for our own situation and do the research! 

Before finding this forum which recommended ASMED I almost forked out $20,000 Australian $ for an australian plastics doctor with very little experience to do a 700 graph hairline which would have been a terrible outcome. 

@IMM1979 yes share away mate! 

3 hours ago, Aus1980 said:

Hey @botchedguy95 It was the positive results which made me choose him and I'm glad I did, this was back in 2016 / 2017 so maybe it's changed. I think from memory there were 4 of us on the day and eveything went really well. 

How is it unethical? People who go there understand that's their procedure don't they, he definitely did my design, plan and incisions. 

Would there be 20 good surgeons who do their own extractions, maybe 50? There are about 4 billion males on the planet, 50% (a guess) suffer from hairloss so that's 2billion. ASMED help 4 or 8 a day instead of 1. I'd say with any cosmetic procedure there are risks it won't go well but we can't all access or afford a one on one treatment. If ASMED are doing 1,000 procedures a year you'll also start seeing a lot more poor results based on the overall numbers even if the % of poor results is no different to other doctors. I also think it's more likely to post a bad result online. 

I'm not taking anything away from a poor procedure or that it isn't traumatic and I think this forum is great for publishing all good and bad reaults to help others. Agree completely we all need to choose what's best for our own situation and do the research! 

Before finding this forum which recommended ASMED I almost forked out $20,000 Australian $ for an australian plastics doctor with very little experience to do a 700 graph hairline which would have been a terrible outcome. 

Well, the clinic uses unethical means of silencing unhappy patients, threats with lawyers and blaming the patient for poor results, as well as the number of surgeries a day to maximize profits 

If you feel confident to go with ASMED I won't try to stop you mate, but objectively you are making a poor choice based on bad research.. I advise you to look at the results of tech involved clinics like eugenix and de freitas, even bisanga uses techs and they are consistent in their results, asmed is like playing roulette.. on this forum there are two relatively recent results from ASMED with unacceptable growth and donor management.. many more on the international forums where this clinic has a presence still

But again, best of luck to you mate, if I were you I would look at Bicer or FUEcapilar in Turkey. Similar price point but the doctor is involved throughout the surgery

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aus1980 said:

@Aus1980 here are the photos. By the way, I want to highlight that I have never used finasteride (even the clinic seemed surprised).  Of these things the easiest (and cheapest) to include for scalp health: 

1. Scalp scrub (https://www.amazon.com/DPHUE-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Scalp/dp/B0767R87KB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=29UFIHBEE2EUV&keywords=Hue+ACV+scalp+scrub&qid=1666184768&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjA4IiwicXNhIjoiMC44NyIsInFzcCI6IjAuNzcifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=hue+acv+scalp+scru%2Caps%2C310&sr=8-1

I got this one but any will do - once a week is enough

2. Scalp massager https://www.amazon.com/Briogeo-Revival-Stimulating-Massager-Circulation/dp/B07C42J593/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1S5994E5V1QV7&keywords=briogeo+scalp+massager&qid=1666184817&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjIxIiwicXNhIjoiMS4yMCIsInFzcCI6IjEuMTkifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=briogeo+scalp+massag%2Caps%2C443&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Absolutely love this and use it a few minutes a day or whenever you are bored. In fact, I now use this as my main hair comb/brush.

3. Probiotic spray (https://www.amazon.com/MenBiotics-Rated-Topical-Probiotic-Body/dp/B018C41DDI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=39G6RV7MWW8WG&keywords=menbiotics+spray&qid=1666184928&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=menbiotic%2Caps%2C363&sr=8-2)

I use this a few times a week and I do think it makes a difference for scalp health in general.

4. For cutting DHT, I got this oil from The Innate Life (though it gets kind of messy). I use it 1-2x a week depending on my mood (https://theinnatelife.com/products/rosemary-scalp-treatment)

5. The other stuff is up to you, Biotin gummies, minoxidil foam and shampoo (I use one from iherb)

6. If you have the budget for a Lasercap, get the best one out there. Why? Because Australia is the cheapest place in the world (that I found) to buy it. Below is where I got mine:

https://knudsen.com.au/product/lasercap-hd-plus/

Hope that helps! 

hair growth stack 1 .jpg

hair growth stack 2 .jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, about a week past the 6 month mark . So I am not sure if having too much hair is a good problem or bad but now people tell me there may be too much of it! I see it as a good problem! It is interesting though that the the hair in the front is curling more and more.

i included dry hair outdoor photos (first three) and wet indoor out of shower (bottom two)  

happy to have peoples feedback, great weekend all!!

@Pbaird98

@Gramatik

@Gatsby

@Aus1980

@Jackhair

@StillAlive

@Jackdaniels

@davidn

@Britalian

C191D832-71B5-4594-90CD-493CBC473CCA.jpeg

B27463A9-1361-4AFA-A2A5-BFCF40F7329C.jpeg

36F99B68-B052-4FD8-B4C9-85A62596725D.jpeg

A78E38E2-48D0-4DE3-B3BA-4E629B1F148C.jpeg

98BE67F5-7D11-4B63-8F65-B8440A53DC29.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMM1979 said:

Hey all, about a week past the 6 month mark . So I am not sure if having too much hair is a good problem or bad but now people tell me there may be too much of it! I see it as a good problem! It is interesting though that the the hair in the front is curling more and more.

i included dry hair outdoor photos (first three) and wet indoor out of shower (bottom two)  

happy to have peoples feedback, great weekend all!!

@Pbaird98

@Gramatik

@Gatsby

@Aus1980

@Jackhair

@StillAlive

@Jackdaniels

@davidn

@Britalian

C191D832-71B5-4594-90CD-493CBC473CCA.jpeg

B27463A9-1361-4AFA-A2A5-BFCF40F7329C.jpeg

36F99B68-B052-4FD8-B4C9-85A62596725D.jpeg