3,100 grafts FUT Dr Bloxham June '22

gxm100

15 minutes ago, gxm100 said:

doesn’t really stay the way I want without product.

are you sure the hair is correctly angled?  

While your hair's texture will thicken and soften as the months go by, there is no good reason your transplant hair should be unruly or untame-able, especially if product becomes a necessity. 

30 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

are you sure the hair is correctly angled?  

While your hair's texture will thicken and soften as the months go by, there is no good reason your transplant hair should be unruly or untame-able, especially if product becomes a necessity. 

Yes there is no issue with the angle of the hair. But the hair shaft has a wave to it at the moment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Wow That is looking awesome!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...

Creeping up on 8 months now. Here is a pic in favorable lighting that shows you just how insanely good it can look.

I really do just laugh out loud sometimes at how big the difference is between where I was and where I am. I could hardly be happier!

39354CA0-1B82-47CD-9B72-41708D403342.jpeg

• Like 6

Just now, Chetman2112 said:

That’s an incredible transformation, I’m coming up on 3 months and looking through your thread is helpful for me, what have your friends and family said, did you tell everyone or let them wonder? 

@Chetman2112 good I’m glad that it can be helpful for someone 😀! I told my closest family members that I see frequently and would have no way of avoiding seeing in the phase of looking like an alien. As for friends, no I didn’t tell anyone. I essentially holed up until I was comfortable wearing a hat and then just did that for a few months til things looked good. That said, I also never let anyone see me at my worst like my original pic posted here - I always used toppik and that worked surprisingly well for me. People have definitely made comments to me about how nice my hair looks though.

• Like 1

I’ve been pretty lucky, that my ugly duckling stage hasn’t been really bad, but recently I’ve been losing a bit more hair in the hair line, but it’s because I can see little hairs popping through so hopefully growth is around the corner, thanks again for the detailed thread, looks great and enjoy your new hair, you’re proof that hair is life changing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gxm100 said:

Creeping up on 8 months now. Here is a pic in favorable lighting that shows you just how insanely good it can look.

I really do just laugh out loud sometimes at how big the difference is between where I was and where I am. I could hardly be happier!

39354CA0-1B82-47CD-9B72-41708D403342.jpeg

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2023 at 8:02 AM, gxm100 said:

7th-ish Month Update:

DAAAAAAAAMN SON. That is all.

8E462AE2-50A3-4D16-B890-6DE3243DEFC1.jpeg

Thts an amazing result ...and the hairline is looking natural as well...Happy for u...and its still jst 7 month..u r yet to get 100% growth...so get ready to get thrilled ...Happy growing and keep updating 😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

35 minutes ago, Spring15 said:

Killer result. Do you know if Dr Feller is still practicing? 

I did ask this during my procedure. I was a little loose on the juice if you know what I’m saying but as I recall, the answer is no he is not doing procedures anymore.

• Haha 1

@gxm100NIce progress! I also booked with Bloxham and paid my deposit. I have 2 questions for you.

1. When do you actually go over the actual hair design? Is it on the morning on the surgery?
2. Did you sign any sort of contract? I paid my deposit and was sent a packet that talks about getting bloodwork done and what to wear.

1 minute ago, cloudyhaze said:

@gxm100NIce progress! I also booked with Bloxham and paid my deposit. I have 2 questions for you.

1. When do you actually go over the actual hair design? Is it on the morning on the surgery?
2. Did you sign any sort of contract? I paid my deposit and was sent a packet that talks about getting bloodwork done and what to wear.

Hey congrats on booking your procedure! That’s a big deal in and of itself!

1) at least in my case we went over hairline design in the morning of the procedure. I made clear to Dr B that my main concern was density. I said I didn’t mind looking somewhat recessed in terms of angle or being a little higher with the hairline. He was of course happy to hear that I understood that should be the goal. He then drew on the hairline. When he drew it I felt the way it was meeting my natural hair in the middle was leaving a widows peak. So we discussed that and he said that he was positive it wouldn’t so we left it, and he was right. Otherwise I was pretty happy and there wasn’t much more to it.

id say obviously don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself - he’s a real nice guy - but also remember he’s the expert that does this everyday so he does in reality know better than us.

2) you sign contracts the morning of before things get started. Other than that, the packet beforehand was all I had as well. Read those instructions for preparation and read through the forums to see what other surgeons recommend as well just to make sure you are 100% comfortable with how you’ve prepped. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gxm100 said:

Hey congrats on booking your procedure! That’s a big deal in and of itself!

1) at least in my case we went over hairline design in the morning of the procedure. I made clear to Dr B that my main concern was density. I said I didn’t mind looking somewhat recessed in terms of angle or being a little higher with the hairline. He was of course happy to hear that I understood that should be the goal. He then drew on the hairline. When he drew it I felt the way it was meeting my natural hair in the middle was leaving a widows peak. So we discussed that and he said that he was positive it wouldn’t so we left it, and he was right. Otherwise I was pretty happy and there wasn’t much more to it.

id say obviously don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself - he’s a real nice guy - but also remember he’s the expert that does this everyday so he does in reality know better than us.

2) you sign contracts the morning of before things get started. Other than that, the packet beforehand was all I had as well. Read those instructions for preparation and read through the forums to see what other surgeons recommend as well just to make sure you are 100% comfortable with how you’ve prepped. 

Ah great! Thanks for the speedy response. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Damn ABA21E53-58F3-498A-A64D-351B1CBD0E1A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Well Done 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:13 PM, Hangman said:

Dude... this is unreal 😳.  Congratulations!

On 2/19/2023 at 7:41 PM, Gatsby said:

@gxm100 that is an insanely natural result! 💯👌

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Damn ABA21E53-58F3-498A-A64D-351B1CBD0E1A.jpeg

Thank you all so much! Yeah I’m beyond happy - it’s insane how much this has changed things for me. Appearance aside - it’s such a weight lifted. It’s funny now I’m having to figure out what I want to do with my hair. I’ve never had options 😂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

wanted to share a little 1 year update since my procedure with Dr B. This will probably be the last time I update this thread (will respond to any questions or comments that people have though) so I will try to give a good update. I am also trying to organize going into Dr Bloxhams next week so that he can do one of his video updates - will post that here if it happens.

MY RESULT

Overall, I couldn’t be much happier with my outcome. For positives, I have a completely restored, natural looking hairline after just one procedure. I have all of my confidence back. I do not have to use toppik or any concealer at all. I go in the pool again. I actually hardly ever even style my hair now because it looks fine the way it is 😂. As you can see from previous posts, where I’ve come from to where I’ve landed is absolutely insane and, to me, almost unbelievable at times. The scar is invisible as long as I keep my hair at an appropriate length on the sides (which for me is a 3). I am able to get a low fade that looks perfectly “short” in my opinion.

For “negatives” if you want to call it that, around the 9 month mark the texture of my hair became very wavy curly and on one side a bit more wiry feeling. I think we’ve all read that this can happen. I felt it was a bit strange that it happened so late, but I will say it seems to be improving in terms of that stiff feeling. I call this out as a “negative” only because 1) when I do try to style my hair it wants to bounce back pretty hard. Again this is improving and I am 0% worried about it. And 2) because everyone who has known me for 30 years know that I have straight hair everyone asks me how I’m getting my hair to be so wavy lol. To that I have no answer. Personally I actually like the added texture and if I care enough to use a hairdryer I can easily get it out.

In the end I am super happy I went with Bloxham and I am completely content with my FUT decision. Would I be happier if I got the same outcome with FUE? Sure. But I did what I thought was best for my individual case and have no regrets about that.

Below are pics of my hair today, unwashed for 2 days, unstyled, after wearing a hat.

1EDB8CE6-ACE3-4C24-A77A-3F4E654D61E4.jpeg

F17C7787-9461-42B1-AF2E-5477B9BD3437.jpeg

40E4D4BF-326F-40D4-B422-5A60B38D2E30.jpeg

5D497E3D-9540-4D81-B065-EA37A24A6648.jpeg

8A547C75-FB18-407E-9FDA-D0F8365A87F0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2