3500 Grafts with Dr COUTO at FUExpert Clinic - NW V | Frontal Area: Hairline & Mid-scalp

Hello to you all,

My History and concerns
My concerns with my hair started when I was very young, I was only 20 years old when my hairline started to recede. At 22 years old I visited a dermatologist and he prescribed finasteride and minoxidil. I was doing the treatment irregularly for 4 or 5 years because my breasts got swollen, in addition to other side effects. At age 27, I decided to go off finasteride and continued only topical minoxidil. By age 30 he had progressed to a NW4 which progressed slowly over the next 10 years. At 40 years old I had fallen into the typical crisis and my marriage was also falling apart. Then, I got to know that my ex-wife atttended a clinic to get cosmetic surgery for her breasts, and that was the moment, I decided to get a hair transplant in order to improve my mood and so get prepared for my new life.

I researched all around for a long time, mainly in forums and networks related to hair transplants.

I finally chose Dr. Couto due to his unbeatable results and the excellent reviews I found about him. 

First Consult - Video Call with Dr Couto
In 2019 I had my first consult with Dr Couto which was a video call (I live and work in Germany) and he suggested a personal evaluation, due to my advanced hair loss pattern, a NW 5 and not being able to take anti-androgen medications. 

Onsite Consultation at FUExpert Clinic
Dr Couto reached to me and explained he needed to inspect my donor area well enough, so that he could analyze the possibilities of future hair loss, design the hairline and calculate the number of grafts, in order to correctly plan my procedure. I postponed the onsite consultation twice during the pandemic because here in Germany we have had strict Covid regulations, but, finally, in February of 2021, I could make my first visit to FUExpert Clinic. 

During my one-hour consultation with Dr Couto, he examined me in detail drawing what it could be my new hairline. Then, Dr Couto proposed 3,500 grafts to cover almost my entire balding area with which I completely agree since I loved his design. 

My Hair Transplant at FUExpert Clinic
Almost a year later, on February 28th of 2022, very nervous but with great enthusiasm, I was finally at  Dr Couto´s clinic, sitting down on the operating room chair having my dream hair transplant. 

As a treatment Dr. Couto recommended only low dose oral minoxidil twice daily, topical antiandrogens also caused me problems.

I would go back to FUExpert Clinic to cover the crown with low density after one or two years to maintain enough grafts in my donor, in case I would need any further intervention later on. Dr Couto assured me that I would never have a problem covering naturally any future loss.

These days I am a little over 3 months and I have decided to share my story with all of you here in the forum to try to help in any possible way.

I would like to say that my experience and the attention received at FUExpert Clinic by Dr Couto and his team were just extraordinary, my greatest gratitude to all of them.

Now, I guess I shall be patient and see what the final result is going to be, I wish I could have a great one to be happy again.

This is me, before my hair transplant

image.jpeg.435141f1c42adfb5a5517d4517eef65b.jpeg

And this is me now after a little over 3 months from my hair transplant 

119538777_3meses0.jpg.3096e304dbfcdd986127042c5814c4e2.jpg

1164265508_3meses1.jpg.2d3dd1287e8599ffa2e358473cfb4add.jpg

1026221999_3meses2.jpg.d032e5d76d00dcccc6cec0168a2937e5.jpg

1861380215_3meses3.jpg.1255094cd4e056c47daaae414e76f774.jpg

Thanks and greetings to you all!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

excited to follow Couto case. It's already looking promising at 3 months. I love Dr Couto's meticulous nature to evaluate future loss before operating on you especially in your case.

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

• Administrators

Great to see Dr. Cuoto results, i've been very impressed by his work.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Great to see Dr. Cuoto results, i've been very impressed by his work.

Ohhh Melvin, thank you for stopping by to comment on my case, really appreciate it.

I still cannot believe I am posting here as a patient, this is surreal when some years ago I had lost all my confidence and hope ... I have my fingers crossed🤞🏻so that I can be one more of Couto´s impressive results, please, please please 🙏🏻 GOD let me be one of them.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BaldingEye said:

Some photos from those days during the hair transplant surgery at FUExpert Clinic in Madrid.

Thanks again to Dr Couto and his team, such a humble and caring group.

image.jpeg.e6b91dbb2776e929c6f162ca8db4a539.jpeg

image.jpeg.f7b7dd4bc9ae9dd3dd665cc897967bdc.jpeg

image.jpeg.65d3613146de5e74da3f8cc1573d4581.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.15867cd4797165913a48f8ade9f20bc6.jpeg

image.jpeg.e53c4f3bee13f4d2fe35edc8788e556d.jpeg

Can you give me some of his contacts, seems like their website is down

On 6/13/2022 at 5:54 AM, BaldingEye said:

Hello to you all,

My History and concerns
My concerns with my hair started when I was very young, I was only 20 years old when my hairline started to recede. At 22 years old I visited a dermatologist and he prescribed finasteride and minoxidil. I was doing the treatment irregularly for 4 or 5 years because my breasts got swollen, in addition to other side effects. At age 27, I decided to go off finasteride and continued only topical minoxidil. By age 30 he had progressed to a NW4 which progressed slowly over the next 10 years. At 40 years old I had fallen into the typical crisis and my marriage was also falling apart. Then, I got to know that my ex-wife atttended a clinic to get cosmetic surgery for her breasts, and that was the moment, I decided to get a hair transplant in order to improve my mood and so get prepared for my new life.

I researched all around for a long time, mainly in forums and networks related to hair transplants.

I finally chose Dr. Couto due to his unbeatable results and the excellent reviews I found about him. 

First Consult - Video Call with Dr Couto
In 2019 I had my first consult with Dr Couto which was a video call (I live and work in Germany) and he suggested a personal evaluation, due to my advanced hair loss pattern, a NW 5 and not being able to take anti-androgen medications. 

Onsite Consultation at FUExpert Clinic
Dr Couto reached to me and explained he needed to inspect my donor area well enough, so that he could analyze the possibilities of future hair loss, design the hairline and calculate the number of grafts, in order to correctly plan my procedure. I postponed the onsite consultation twice during the pandemic because here in Germany we have had strict Covid regulations, but, finally, in February of 2021, I could make my first visit to FUExpert Clinic. 

During my one-hour consultation with Dr Couto, he examined me in detail drawing what it could be my new hairline. Then, Dr Couto proposed 3,500 grafts to cover almost my entire balding area with which I completely agree since I loved his design. 

My Hair Transplant at FUExpert Clinic
Almost a year later, on February 28th of 2022, very nervous but with great enthusiasm, I was finally at  Dr Couto´s clinic, sitting down on the operating room chair having my dream hair transplant. 

As a treatment Dr. Couto recommended only low dose oral minoxidil twice daily, topical antiandrogens also caused me problems.

I would go back to FUExpert Clinic to cover the crown with low density after one or two years to maintain enough grafts in my donor, in case I would need any further intervention later on. Dr Couto assured me that I would never have a problem covering naturally any future loss.

These days I am a little over 3 months and I have decided to share my story with all of you here in the forum to try to help in any possible way.

I would like to say that my experience and the attention received at FUExpert Clinic by Dr Couto and his team were just extraordinary, my greatest gratitude to all of them.

Now, I guess I shall be patient and see what the final result is going to be, I wish I could have a great one to be happy again.

This is me, before my hair transplant

image.jpeg.435141f1c42adfb5a5517d4517eef65b.jpeg

And this is me now after a little over 3 months from my hair transplant 

119538777_3meses0.jpg.3096e304dbfcdd986127042c5814c4e2.jpg

1164265508_3meses1.jpg.2d3dd1287e8599ffa2e358473cfb4add.jpg

1026221999_3meses2.jpg.d032e5d76d00dcccc6cec0168a2937e5.jpg

1861380215_3meses3.jpg.1255094cd4e056c47daaae414e76f774.jpg

Thanks and greetings to you all!

Thanks for sharing and i hope your mental health is getting stronger! Going through any life crisis and battling other things is definitely not ideal. Hopefully, your results will pay back some of those previous issues you had to face with your confidence you mentioned (instead of worrying about your hair constantly).

Do you happen to have the graft counts, the follicular unit density (cm^2), and anymore post op photos (donor and other angles of immediate post op)?

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, Vann said:

Thanks for sharing and i hope your mental health is getting stronger! Going through any life crisis and battling other things is definitely not ideal. Hopefully, your results will pay back some of those previous issues you had to face with your confidence you mentioned (instead of worrying about your hair constantly).

Do you happen to have the graft counts, the follicular unit density (cm^2), and anymore post op photos (donor and other angles of immediate post op)?

Thank you very much for your support! Life is getting better after a huge crisis. 

Here I share with all of you more photos.

Immediate Post-Op at the Clinic...

image.thumb.jpeg.8eed45a09d9748621ede569de66a16ee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0f76e18928b9940b9984df606edaf124.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48af7e088cc8344380d838b6a31a6488.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.784275f3d099762968c318793652b04a.jpeg

And this is 10 days Post-Op...

image.thumb.jpeg.863f3225bff44456cd0329be417603e3.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Thank you very much for your support! Life is getting better after a huge crisis. 

Here I share with all of you more photos.

Immediate Post-Op at the Clinic...

image.thumb.jpeg.8eed45a09d9748621ede569de66a16ee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0f76e18928b9940b9984df606edaf124.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48af7e088cc8344380d838b6a31a6488.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.784275f3d099762968c318793652b04a.jpeg

And this is 10 days Post-Op...

image.thumb.jpeg.863f3225bff44456cd0329be417603e3.jpeg

That’s great dude! I’m happy you made your transition as smooth as possible. Just kick back and relax and soak in your own personal time. Enjoy your summer and let the magic unfold.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, sukh123 said:

Hi How long after the consultation we’re you able to get surgery ? Thanks

I had my consultation with Dr Couto at FUExpert Clinic in February of 2021 and then, one year later, I went back to get my hair transplant.

• Like 1

Great to see another Dr Couto transplant here on the forum. The work looks excellent, he does seem to get a very good result using less grafts. We needed more of his results here, so I appreciate you posting 👍🏽🙏

• Like 2

For me, couto stands out because he uses few grafts yet achieves great density. You can even see the grafts are spaced out and it’s not as “densely” packed as other clinics. He has extremely high survival rates, which is why he is able to do so. The grafts are meticulously placed/angled which likely adds to the result

compare this result to a Lorenzo or ASMED patient- and at least 5k grafts would be used for a recipient that size with a “throw as many grafts as possible and let’s see what sticks” approach 

• Like 1

There’s actually plenty of couto results on the

5 hours ago, Britalien said:

Great to see another Dr Couto transplant here on the forum. The work looks excellent, he does seem to get a very good result using less grafts. We needed more of his results here, so I appreciate you posting 👍🏽🙏

Plenty on the Spanish forums tbh, actually seem a few subpars from him on there which shows even with the best, hair transplant is not a given. 

• Face Palm 1

2 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

There’s actually plenty of couto results on the

Plenty on the Spanish forums tbh, actually seem a few subpars from him on there which shows even with the best, hair transplant is not a given. 

I’m no Couto super fan, I have seen his results elsewhere, just we need more here 👍🏽 Plenty of results on bellicapelli & recuperapelo.. The more we see posted on HRN the better. 

• Like 2

Looking good thus far. Best of luck with it.  Ive seen some insanely good results from Couto in the past.  Although they have always been on great candidates with super donor.  No doubt he is world class.

Its always great to hear the backstory how HT's can change your life situation and happiness.  Particularly after a traumatic time in your personal life.

For me it was a complete physical and spiritual rebirth i am still enjoying to this day!!  All the best.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

For me, couto stands out because he uses few grafts yet achieves great density. You can even see the grafts are spaced out and it’s not as “densely” packed as other clinics. He has extremely high survival rates, which is why he is able to do so. The grafts are meticulously placed/angled which likely adds to the result

compare this result to a Lorenzo or ASMED patient- and at least 5k grafts would be used for a recipient that size with a “throw as many grafts as possible and let’s see what sticks” approach 

Totally agree on this, no other doctor achieves greater density than Couto. We have been witnessing this fact, with a lot fewer grafts, Dr Couto gets better results than Dr Lorenzo or ASMED Clinic.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, Gramatik said:

Good luck and Happy Growing !!! Can you give us more details, like the number of singles, doubles, triples etc.. and the hair caliber?

Thanks for following my case. 

I share with you the data I got from the clinic:
I'm a NW V and not medicated as I already commented due to side effects.
My donor Density +80 FUs/cm² with medium hair thickness.

The total number of grafts was 3500 with 173 singles, 1560 doubles, 374 triples and 393 of 4 or more hairs. 
Oh, and the total number of hairs was 9007 for an average of 2.57 hairs per graft.

At this moment I'm on Minoxidil oral and had post-op High-Tech PRP. I even tried Finastopic but I dropped it right away due to side effects.

I will share a new update soon. 

• Like 2