Conor McGregor Steroids and Hair Loss

Is Conor on PEDs  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

There’s been a lot of media outlets claiming Conor McGregor is on steroids, and his recent thinning crown is a by-product. 

What do you guys think? In my opinion, his crown is probably naturally thinning, he’s had hair loss since his late 20’s. I doubt he’s on medication. He tried to claim shampoo could stop hair loss. He needs to get on actual medication ASAP.

5CA855F7-A263-43D5-AD4E-5F05FB20CE5C.jpeg

677E5079-2709-4691-9A56-BAE0D51A2229.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm pretty sure he's on medication if he got a hair transplant recently but if he was using some PEDs, this could have accelerated the hair loss. 

It's actually not as rare as people think to have thinning on the crown even with a frontal hairline that looks relatively normal. However  Conor was receding before this in his 20s on the frontal hairline, so it's only natural the crown may have followed if he was prone to a Vertex pattern. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Didn't he have a transplant?

He did about 7 months ago.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I'm pretty sure he's on medication if he got a hair transplant recently but if he was using some PEDs, this could have accelerated the hair loss. 

It's actually not as rare as people think to have thinning on the crown even with a frontal hairline that looks relatively normal. However  Conor was receding before this in his 20s on the frontal hairline, so it's only natural the crown may have followed if he was prone to a Vertex pattern. 

That’s the question is he on medication. It’s possible he’s not, and that’s a problem, but it could also be that he’s got too much exogenous DHT that even finasteride can’t stop balding. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TorontoMan said:

Yes to PEDs, Yes to HT 

Do you think he’s on meds?

View my thread

He's been losing hair on the crown for a very long time. 

You guys didn't notice it but he had this bald patch on the crown already during his match against Khabib. 

Go back to the footage showing the post match brawl following Khabib's victory. You can see in one video from the top that his crown was already thinning pretty bad. 

He's not on finasteride and his 1st hair transplant done last year is neither dense-looking nor 100% natural....

You can be a celebrity millionaire and still have bad hair transplants and poor approach to dealing with hairloss... 

Look at Lebron James, Rafael Nadal, Wayne Rooney, Joe Rogan....

• Administrators
Just now, Hairmills and homeruns said:

He's been losing hair on the crown for a very long time. 

You guys didn't notice it but he had this bald patch on the crown already during his match against Khabib. 

Go back to the footage showing the post match brawl following Khabib's victory. You can see in one video from the top that his crown was already thinning pretty bad. 

He's not on finasteride and his 1st hair transplant done last year is neither dense-looking nor 100% natural....

You can be a celebrity millionaire and still have bad hair transplants and poor approach to dealing with hairloss... 

Look at Lebron James, Rafael Nadal, Wayne Rooney, Joe Rogan....

Post a picture, I don’t recall his crown looking thin in the khabib fight. 

View my thread

• Administrators

This was the best angle I could find077C58DC-A3BA-4A62-B6F7-21108C903EF7.png

I don’t know, his hair is fine and blonde, with the lights shining, his hair being wet, I would expect it to look like this normally without thinning. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Hairmills and homeruns said:

How about this ? 

Screenshot_20220610-001345_Gallery.jpg

Okay that’s a good one! 

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you think he’s on meds?

It’s likely, as the surgeon probably told him to get on it. But I’m sure he’s only started recently, and I’m sure he has little understanding of it all too 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

There isn't a pro athlete i don't think is on steroids.

I think that’s true, when there’s millions involved. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

It’s likely, as the surgeon probably told him to get on it. But I’m sure he’s only started recently, and I’m sure he has little understanding of it all too 

See idk, he could’ve gone to a mill type place that don’t educate for crap. I seriously doubt Ngannou is on medication. 

View my thread

PED's or not, training like crazy WILL accelerate MPB if you're prone to it.

Its happened/happening to me. A few years ago I went from casual 2-3 times a week to training every day and leaned out while getting a lot stronger.

29 minutes ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Its happened/happening to me. A few years ago I went from casual 2-3 times a week to training every day and leaned out while getting a lot stronger.

What complete rubbish lol, training has nothing to do with mpb, yes it may increase your test and hence DHT but people can have minimal DHT and still lose hair due to genetic predisposition and DHT sensitivity. Honestly your talking nonsense.

Edited by sukh123

32 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

What complete rubbish lol, training has nothing to do with mpb, yes it may increase your test and hence DHT but . 

Quote me where I said training causes MPB. You can't.

I said if you're prone to MPB training and leaning out will definitely accelerate that.

people can have minimal DHT and still lose hair due to genetic predisposition and DHT sensitivity

In your fantasy scenario a guy with minimal DHT who is losing hair, begins to train everyday and increases DHT = no additional effect on hairloss?

Rethink what you're saying here.

1 hour ago, MAIZE1694 said:

I don't agree with this position tbh. If you are blocking DHT, that's the main hair loss antagonist in androgenic alopecia but increased testosterone from working out is nowhere as destructive to hair follicles unless you are using PEDs to boost it through the roof and then some. 

Males can be more sensitive to hair loss though with an increase in even testosterone and those are usually the one's who still suffer increased hair loss under DHT blockers too. 

2 minutes ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Quote me where I said training causes MPB. You can't.

I said if you're prone to MPB training and leaning out will definitely accelerate that.

In your fantasy scenario a guy with minimal DHT who is losing hair, begins to train everyday and increases DHT = no additional effect on hairloss?

Rethink what you're saying here.

You said "training like crazy will accelerate hair loss " it doesn't matter if you train once a week or every day, that has no impact on hair loss, which is exactly what you implied. And yes you can have 0.01 DHT levels but if you are very sensitive to the androgen due to genetic predisposition, it does  not matter you will lose hair. Hence why a lot of people who have low t still lose hair and people with sky-high T and Dht who are not sensitive have a full head of hair in their 40's. 

4 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I don't agree with this position tbh. If you are blocking DHT, that's the main hair loss antagonist in androgenic alopecia but increased testosterone from working out is nowhere as destructive to hair follicles unless you are using PEDs to boost it through the roof and then some. 

Males can be more sensitive to hair loss though with an increase in even testosterone and those are usually the one's who still suffer increased hair loss under DHT blockers too. 

Taking FIN is a different story.

Of course FIN will stop a lot of DHT conversion and slow down hairloss.

3 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

You said "training like crazy will accelerate hair loss " 

No need to be a twit and editorialize mate. Here's what I said

No where did I say MPB causes or is solely determined by training. Use some nuance. 

it doesn't matter if you train once a week or every day, that has no impact on hair loss, which is exactly what you implied. And yes you can have 0.01 DHT levels but if you are very sensitive to the androgen due to genetic predisposition, it does  not matter you will lose hair. Hence why a lot of people who have low t still lose hair and people with sky-high T and Dht who are not sensitive have a full head of hair in their 40's. 

I'm not even sure what you're arguing against here. I never said having that simply high DHT means you'll lose hair.

If you're prone to MPB, increasing DHT conversion will be detrimental to keeping your hair.