FUE Hairline Restoration with Dr Bisanga - 2,270 grafts

Evening all, 

I am at 7 days now and thought I would provide a small update just to show you my current status and also provide the photos from BHR pre/post op which I received yesterday.

The swelling was the first hurdle and seeing the different shapes my head/ face took as the swelling dropped was crazy. My other half calling me 'Megamind' (if you haven't seen who this animated character is... google it), was an accurate description of how I looked up to 2/ 3 days post op. 

I still have pain in my donor area and numbness by the recipient, but this is to be expected and I just hope the donor pain does start to ease soon as I am really struggling with sleeping. Out of interest, would people recommend Aloe Vera gel as being acceptable to be used on the donor at this stage? (I saw it iwas recommended in Melvin's helpful YouTube video, but was unsure if it was okay to use this early). 

I have followed the post-op care religiously and was using the saline solution every two hours for the first three days as requested. Since having stopped this, I have obviously developed more scabbing and a slight bit of channelling, which again, I know is normal. 

I have my first recipient wash tomorrow with the prescribed shampoo and I am looking forward to trying to ease some of the scabs off. It certainly feels like the first milestone of the 12 month journey. 

Will now bombard you with photos and as always, would love to hear peoples thoughts. Will do another small update at day 10 (when all scabs have hopefully been removed) and will go monthly from there (provided nothing terrible happens between months- *touchwood*). 

Thanks all. 

image.png

Pre Side.png

Pre overhead.png

pre closeup.png

pre donor.png

Post overhead.png

Post Recip.png

Post Recip1.png

Post Donor Side.png

gallery33.jpg

7dayrecipfront-1 (dragged).jpeg

7dayrecipright 2.jpeg

7 dayrecipleft 2.jpeg

7daydonor side-1 (dragged).jpeg

7daydonor 2.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi all, 

Very quick update from me as I have a bit of time and 14 day mark is in a few hours- Managed to get all scabs off by day 9 and have continued with the post op care. Sleeping has been much better over the last few days and now I am hopeful I can sleep as normal without any issues. 

I still have a fair amount of redness which is to be expected. If there was no redness I would have no problem going out with just a shaved head! Trying to combat it with the application of Aloe Vera gel, any other tips for reducing redness are greatly appreciated! 

Out of interest, does anyone know if there is any correlation to the post op hair prior to the shed and the final results? Or is this totally circumstantial based on the growth process? 

Below are a few pictures from day 10, followed by pictures from Day 14. Slightly different lighting (and quality, sorry) but it does appear that the hair is less course and is now 'fluffier'- the dreaded shed is fast approaching. 

Thanks all

Day 10

image.thumb.jpeg.8db80f23a157508736a773d15f419344.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d3e3e6d1a60ea15855cb2e6062c7a526.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a22c1ecc7b1ccd95ce6605a569f99ec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.896686e85f24b68c984690a88950fc94.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.22a8e2242a3fe712e7591e8f7a32e350.jpeg

Day 14 (sorry for the slightly poorer quality) 

image.thumb.jpeg.1efaebcfbc8d50a5d9773774ebe1f0c2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50926ad936539ef4d56698005a7d7911.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.754177b9688d234939801a019ed9d4f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7bf8c823ead9f0a39712a9ec1101a5b.jpeg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Looks so good. Are you on finasteride? 

You said that your hair is fine, but does it also have some wave to it? my hair incredibly thin and is also totally straight. Just trying to make a comparison for future reference

Thanks. Fingers crossed it turns out as I am hoping/ praying! - No, only minoxidil at this time.

My hair is fine and straight, no wave to it at all... the pictures somehow make it look wavier than it is. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hairlinedreamer said:

Thanks! Yes, 3 weeks tomorrow and I am definitely starting to shed 😭. Dreading the next couple of months, but all part of the process I guess!! 

I am a few weeks ahead of you after 3001 grafts with Dr Bisanga.

I started to shed from just after 2 weeks. 

i wouldn’t dread the next couple of months , it’s part of the process and I’ve really become use to how I look.

Coming up to 7 weeks for me and the redness has really settled down. 

I’ve kept my hair short as it blends in much better , I will start to grow it once I start getting growth from the transplanted hairs. 
Not a single person has asked if I’ve had a transplant! I was dreading work etc but I wish I hadn’t stressed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whipaway said:

I am a few weeks ahead of you after 3001 grafts with Dr Bisanga.

I started to shed from just after 2 weeks. 

i wouldn’t dread the next couple of months , it’s part of the process and I’ve really become use to how I look.

Coming up to 7 weeks for me and the redness has really settled down. 

I’ve kept my hair short as it blends in much better , I will start to grow it once I start getting growth from the transplanted hairs. 
Not a single person has asked if I’ve had a transplant! I was dreading work etc but I wish I hadn’t stressed. 

Ah great, I did see your thread in the lead up to my procedure. I will be sure to follow your journey!

Yeah, it's one of those things I guess. I really wish I didn't care, but somehow I can't see myself being outside much without a hat for the next couple of months! 

Glad to hear the redness is starting to settle, did you use anything to try and calm it? If I didn't have the redness I wouldn't have a problem going out with a shaved head at this stage to be honest... I am sure it will be a different story during the ugly duckling phase though!

Amazing that your stress and worry was all for nothing, really pleased for you. If I can start to feel like that over the next few weeks, that would be great! 

1 hour ago, Hairlinedreamer said:

Ah great, I did see your thread in the lead up to my procedure. I will be sure to follow your journey!

Yeah, it's one of those things I guess. I really wish I didn't care, but somehow I can't see myself being outside much without a hat for the next couple of months! 

Glad to hear the redness is starting to settle, did you use anything to try and calm it? If I didn't have the redness I wouldn't have a problem going out with a shaved head at this stage to be honest... I am sure it will be a different story during the ugly duckling phase though!

Amazing that your stress and worry was all for nothing, really pleased for you. If I can start to feel like that over the next few weeks, that would be great! 

I regularly Aloe Vera but I’ve stopped know.The redness is still there but much calmer with no spots either. 
Since my last picture update I firstly shaved all my head except the transplanted area and it made a huge difference. It was night and day , it just blended in much better .

I then checked in with the clinic as to when I can shave the transplanted area and once I got the nod I’ve buzzed the whole head. I shed the majority of hairs perhaps 80 per cent but the ones which remained just seem to help make it all blend in.

I spent years thinking how will I hide a transplant and It was pointless . I took the attitude of stuff it ! If anyone asks I’ll tell them. I went to work and all folk think is I’ve buzzed my head and nobody’s commented on that !

I’ve been to weddings , up town for a meal etc and seen folk . I laugh and think how can nobody say anything to me ! Very strange.

Relax and don’t worry about it . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Have just passed the 30 day mark (32 to be exact), so wanted to provide a brief update. 

Continuing to shed and trying not to worry about it too much. Redness is still prominent and using Aloe Vera Oil sporadically; hoping the redness starts to die down, soon.

Please note that the pictures were taken after a day of me wearing a cap (which is the reason for the indentation line!), although it certainly looks possible that I have had a small amount of shock-loss. Here's hoping everything grows back! 

As anticipated, I am currently living in a cap when outside the house and this will likely be the case until my hair is of a similar length to before the HT (so I can style it accordingly). 

Still have numbness on the top of the head and a few pimples/spots in the donor are as well as mild itchiness all over, other than that, no discomfort. 

Really can't wait to get to the 3/4 month mark where it will be easier to forget about the procedure and go back to how I was living pre HT. Once I hit that point I will hopefully just be able to enjoy letting the growth take place. Having hair this short makes it very difficult to not obsess, although I am doing my very best not too!

Pictures below, let me know your thoughts!  

Many thanks. 

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9492.png

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 10:11 PM, Hairlinedreamer said:

Hi all, 

Have just passed the 30 day mark (32 to be exact), so wanted to provide a brief update. 

Continuing to shed and trying not to worry about it too much. Redness is still prominent and using Aloe Vera Oil sporadically; hoping the redness starts to die down, soon.

Please note that the pictures were taken after a day of me wearing a cap (which is the reason for the indentation line!), although it certainly looks possible that I have had a small amount of shock-loss. Here's hoping everything grows back! 

As anticipated, I am currently living in a cap when outside the house and this will likely be the case until my hair is of a similar length to before the HT (so I can style it accordingly). 

Still have numbness on the top of the head and a few pimples/spots in the donor are as well as mild itchiness all over, other than that, no discomfort. 

Really can't wait to get to the 3/4 month mark where it will be easier to forget about the procedure and go back to how I was living pre HT. Once I hit that point I will hopefully just be able to enjoy letting the growth take place. Having hair this short makes it very difficult to not obsess, although I am doing my very best not too!

Pictures below, let me know your thoughts!  

Many thanks. 

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9492.png

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9488.jpg

It's looking amazing.

Would be really good to see the donor on a zero guard / high fade!

10 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

It's looking amazing.

Would be really good to see the donor on a zero guard / high fade!

Thanks, so far it’s all going as expected I think! Not sure I’m ready for a zero just yet, but I will likely get the back and sides tidied up soon with a 0.5 low fade. I will chuck some pictures in when I get round to booking a haircut! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all day 60 today, 

Still a small amount of redness, but definitely not as prominent. Seem to have developed a pimple/spot on the hairline over the last day or two, which I am not concerned about. Need to try and leave it alone, though! 

Had a haircut on Tuesday just gone (just the back and sides) down to a 0.5 and donor is looking good, as expected!

I have been living in a cap whenever going outside and I go on a family holiday tomorrow. I will be sure to wear a cap whenever in direct sunlight, but will also grab some child friendly high factor suncream just on the off chance I venture out in the evening without a hat!

Very much looking forward to my hair being at a length where I can totally forget about things. I must say I have become far less obsessive recently and just trying to trust the process.

Looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts!

Cheers.

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

Wow for two months, this is looking exceptional. Early growth already.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow for two months, this is looking exceptional. Early growth already.

Thanks Melvin, fingers crossed I get a great end result.

I watched the podcast with Dr Bisanga and Dr Kostis last night and thought it was great. 

Out of interest, how do you establish 'early growth' from just hanging onto a few extra grafts, or are they mutually exclusive?