FUE Hairline Restoration with Dr Bisanga - 2,270 grafts

The new hairline really seems like it's starting to form up. Very nice for 60 days progress.

I figured out the other day I must have been in there one day after yours. (And tend to agree about that hotel, haha).

• Valued Contributor

@Hairlinedreamer you have chosen on of the best clinics in the world. Thank you also for sharing the fact that shaving for surgery is a tiny price to pay for the end result and that it's worth trying to shave your head at least once. Someone reading your story may have just realized that they might be better off just buzzing their head and are able to get on with life. Looking forward to sharing your journey and once again thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, Jonulous said:

The new hairline really seems like it's starting to form up. Very nice for 60 days progress.

I figured out the other day I must have been in there one day after yours. (And tend to agree about that hotel, haha).

Thanks, we seem to be at similar stages progress wise; so hopefully we both get a good end result! 

I haven’t actually seen your thread before, so I will definitely have a look through and keep an eye out for updates! (Glad I wasn’t the only one re the hotel 🤣

• 1 month later...

Evening all, just a quick one to provide my 3 month update (pics from 92 days). I am assuming all is going as expected. I still have some itchiness and occasional tenderness in the hairline, but nothing out of the ordinary or anything I am overly concerned about. Redness is a worry of the past and I am only just at the point I can disguise the HT by wearing my hair forward. 

I had a haircut on the day of these images as I went away on the weekend. When going out I have just put a small amount of product in my hair to make it look slightly 'fuller' and help disguise the recipient zone as best as possible. Very much looking forward to being able to style my hair properly!

Right side is definitely slightly behind the left (as you can see in the Hairline pictures) and there is a small area with no 'sprouts' at all which isn't ideal, but I'm not massively concerned with this at this point; fingers crossed it all sorts itself out. 

Something I did find interesting is a lot of the hairs have a small black bulb on the end and almost slightly clearer colour in the middle? Again, not concerned by this but would be interested to hear what the reason for this is! 

Anyway, here's hoping for big growth in Month 4! 🤞  

PS the redness on the donor at the nape is a birth mark just incase anyone thinks this is from the procedure!! :)

Photo's below:-

Right Side

image.thumb.jpeg.27c23be0b635c9130aee6a3d0b46b3e7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ca6db0ae67c3feb9688aa144af5762a0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9df93855d892fdd1a07f956dc96b516b.jpegLeft Side

image.thumb.jpeg.ba9f2c49e618cb37b0e2d604b8a3eca7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.587bcfd03f0345800e0bc29936bea296.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.00a74c71f5f2da7adc8e78451338d329.jpeg

Donorimage.thumb.jpeg.319a869e3b8f3d199fd57cb99bd14334.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.74570b6be56b6accb1c459d09d461d3c.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Your frontal hairline growths looking great and plenty of little hairs popping through which will keep adding to the density. 

The post op donor work was pretty clean but what grade did you get on the back and sides? It looks like quite a low guard. I was told at the time i'd have to keep it longer. I used to get a 2 guard when in my teens, and was curious to see how the donor would look with that but personally i began to get a guard 4 for the last 5 or so years, so i'm thinking i wouldn't mind staying at a higher grade but would be interesting to see how low you can go. 

Good luck on your journey OP and thanks for sharing. You chose a world class elite and i think you'll get a knockout result. We got our HTs a day apart or so. 

20 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Your frontal hairline growths looking great and plenty of little hairs popping through which will keep adding to the density. 

The post op donor work was pretty clean but what grade did you get on the back and sides? It looks like quite a low guard. I was told at the time i'd have to keep it longer. I used to get a 2 guard when in my teens, and was curious to see how the donor would look with that but personally i began to get a guard 4 for the last 5 or so years, so i'm thinking i wouldn't mind staying at a higher grade but would be interesting to see how low you can go. 

Good luck on your journey OP and thanks for sharing. You chose a world class elite and i think you'll get a knockout result. We got our HTs a day apart or so. 

Fingers crossed they keep popping through! 

The very bottom of the back and sides is a 0.5. It is definitely difficult to notice, but I would be lying if I said you could see no scarring at all. It is very minimal and it is to be expected after a serious operation, so I am totally comfortable with this if I get the hairline I am after, but just a point to note. To be honest, if the top grows as I hope it does (fingers crossed), I will definitely go for a longer style and won't go as short as 0.5 I don't think! 

Thanks very much. Really hoping we both get the results we are wanting. Having just looked through your thread, I know you are having a difficult time at the moment, but similar to my position, you did your research and chose a clinic who I am sure will get you to where you want to be. The work looked really clean and I am sure you will start to reap the rewards over the next couple of months! I also have loads of gaps and am hopeful these will fill in over time. sometimes I think we need to remember we are only just starting the 'good bit' and still have 9 months before we can be sure how we are going to end up. Really hoping you get an explosion over month 4 and 5! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hairlinedreamer said:

Fingers crossed they keep popping through! 

The very bottom of the back and sides is a 0.5. It is definitely difficult to notice, but I would be lying if I said you could see no scarring at all. It is very minimal and it is to be expected after a serious operation, so I am totally comfortable with this if I get the hairline I am after, but just a point to note. To be honest, if the top grows as I hope it does (fingers crossed), I will definitely go for a longer style and won't go as short as 0.5 I don't think! 

Thanks very much. Really hoping we both get the results we are wanting. Having just looked through your thread, I know you are having a difficult time at the moment, but similar to my position, you did your research and chose a clinic who I am sure will get you to where you want to be. The work looked really clean and I am sure you will start to reap the rewards over the next couple of months! I also have loads of gaps and am hopeful these will fill in over time. sometimes I think we need to remember we are only just starting the 'good bit' and still have 9 months before we can be sure how we are going to end up. Really hoping you get an explosion over month 4 and 5! 

Thanks for the reply. I do wonder if you grew it out to a guard 1 or up to even 2 whether the current stuff you can see on the photos of the extraction zones would be hidden a bit more. 

Yeah, it's definitely tough but i am focusing on the fact there's 9+ months worth of growth potential and maturity to go. Good luck to you too and hope you can get an amazing result. Dr Bisanga is top tier. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good evening all, I wanted to provide a very quick update (apologies for the delay, travelling for work has made it very difficult to find time to post and take pictures). I will be sure to get some better pictures for my next update 👍.  

Hairline was filling out nicely and may have just slowed down slightly, but I am not concerned at this stage. Lots of gaps with absolutely no 'sprouts', but obviously won't judge anything at this early stage. Fingers crossed for a big 5th Month- overall I am feeling positive. 

I must say that my confidence when I have no product in my hair/ when my hair is wet has already improved greatly; purely down to the light definition of a better hairline, even if it isn't totally full!  

The hairs seem to be growing 'up' and across so very difficult to style. Hoping they can be trained to be flatter to my head but again, nothing I am too concerned with at this stage- just something I am hoping works itself out! 

Few pictures below. Sorry for the angles/ quality, will do my best to get good photos for my next post.

Exciting times ahead (hopefully 🤞🤞🤞)

Pics from day 125 (Wet Hair)

image.thumb.jpeg.ad1d2362f93d7ca0f2761c891fe64a4c.jpegIMG_7061.thumb.jpg.1cf016dff37be00c50f9e62e3bc0a696.jpgIMG_7063.thumb.jpg.fe6e9f9b6420ad3d66b3b2d8f98b9d0a.jpgIMG_7064.thumb.jpg.e0b585b7e802ff844f8c90d1dab68a41.jpg

Day 129 (post Haircut)

image.thumb.jpeg.dc4a28eddfc50ff8bdcb52ffd3f401dc.jpegIMG_7088.thumb.jpg.64f31c5e85cb77f6027b344618a8f166.jpg

Day 132 (slightly wet hair)

IMG_7119.thumb.jpg.00b28b2c26d54abedd92079960cb68c9.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 8:42 PM, Hairlinedreamer said:

Hi all, 

Very quick update from me as I have a bit of time and 14 day mark is in a few hours- Managed to get all scabs off by day 9 and have continued with the post op care. Sleeping has been much better over the last few days and now I am hopeful I can sleep as normal without any issues. 

I still have a fair amount of redness which is to be expected. If there was no redness I would have no problem going out with just a shaved head! Trying to combat it with the application of Aloe Vera gel, any other tips for reducing redness are greatly appreciated! 

Out of interest, does anyone know if there is any correlation to the post op hair prior to the shed and the final results? Or is this totally circumstantial based on the growth process? 

Below are a few pictures from day 10, followed by pictures from Day 14. Slightly different lighting (and quality, sorry) but it does appear that the hair is less course and is now 'fluffier'- the dreaded shed is fast approaching. 

Thanks all

Day 10

image.thumb.jpeg.8db80f23a157508736a773d15f419344.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d3e3e6d1a60ea15855cb2e6062c7a526.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a22c1ecc7b1ccd95ce6605a569f99ec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.896686e85f24b68c984690a88950fc94.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.22a8e2242a3fe712e7591e8f7a32e350.jpeg

Day 14 (sorry for the slightly poorer quality) 

image.thumb.jpeg.1efaebcfbc8d50a5d9773774ebe1f0c2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50926ad936539ef4d56698005a7d7911.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.754177b9688d234939801a019ed9d4f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f7bf8c823ead9f0a39712a9ec1101a5b.jpeg

You are on for some very good results, your donor looks strong and your density is very good. Look forward to following the journey. 

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Jl90 said:

Any update? I am due to have surgery with Dr Bisanga soon.

Would love to see how you have progressed to put my mind at ease.

I had surgery with Dr Bisanga last April.

You are in very good hands. Nothing to worry about 

• Like 1