Hello everyone, there have been thousands of hair transplant out there and unfortunately some of them failed, I was wondering if there is anyone who has decided to remove the impanted grafts and go bald(and never spend his time thinking about hair again) instead of following the possibbly repetetive repair road+ finasteride. I was really curious about if there are scars(or at least visible ones) if the grafts are extracted with a small manual punch and what the end result after some time to heal would be. Also I would appreciate doctors opinions on this

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree that the clean shaven route would be the way to go, as opposed to trying to completely reverse the hair transplant and physically remove all the hairs. Unless shaving consistently is a nuisance, then I suppose electrolysis would be worth considering. 

The main thing you'd need to be mindful of in the case of FUE is that the little tiny dots aren't visible - and this varies from person to person based on their skin type and how it heals, how many grafts they had, the size of the punch, etc. I just got back from a haircut with a new barber and he did a no guard fade on me on the back/sides and said he would never have known I had FUE if I hadn't mentioned it to him. If I were to shave completely with a razor, that might be a different story - but the only way to know how noticeable it would be would be to try it out, and I have no intention of taking a razor to my scalp. :)

I do recall seeing posts on here through the years of people shaving their scalp post-FUE hair transplant, so I know it's something that's done from time to time. And if the FUE dots/scars are noticeable, getting SMP into the scars could be a way of disguising those. 

• Sad 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

7 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

Hello everyone, there have been thousands of hair transplant out there and unfortunately some of them failed, I was wondering if there is anyone who has decided to remove the impanted grafts and go bald(and never spend his time thinking about hair again) instead of following the possibbly repetetive repair road+ finasteride. I was really curious about if there are scars(or at least visible ones) if the grafts are extracted with a small manual punch and what the end result after some time to heal would be. Also I would appreciate doctors opinions on this

Thanks in advance

Probably not. If they're not thinking about their hair, I don't see why they'd be on the forum any longer...

8 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Or just clean shave?
I'm pretty sure all bald men who like the bald look clean shave their scalps for that look.

dont the implanted grafts look different from the rest of the head that is balding though?

It would be good to share some photos if possible to know more about what might be involved. As per @pkiplingscarring differs according tp punch sizes, type of skin etc. Technically it might also be difficult to predict what angle they were transplanted in since it is not naturally placed as in the donor area (which we are all naturally growing in a certain angle etc). 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

20 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

It would be good to share some photos if possible to know more about what might be involved. As per @pkiplingscarring differs according tp punch sizes, type of skin etc. Technically it might also be difficult to predict what angle they were transplanted in since it is not naturally placed as in the donor area (which we are all naturally growing in a certain angle etc). 

Considering the angle issue wouldnt electrolysis be a possible solution?

On 5/14/2022 at 8:16 PM, JimKan1 said:

Thanks in advance

Even if you were to get the transplanted hair removed by manual punching, you would require multiple sessions as some of the hair would always be in the initial phases of the anagen phase or in their telogen phases. Hence, when they grow back, you would have to get them extracted again.

52 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Even if you were to get the transplanted hair removed by manual punching, you would require multiple sessions as some of the hair would always be in the initial phases of the anagen phase or in their telogen phases. Hence, when they grow back, you would have to get them extracted again.

This is correct, I am not referring to removing everything at once, I know 3-4 or even more sessions would be neccesary, and I also dont mind leaving very few grafts behind, with this is mind its possible right?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is all the relative information I have found on this issue

Cant upload links from other forums so I have just added the references

From the french forum International-hairlossforum.com search for the title

• Like 3

• Administrators

I believe repairing an HT is a better option than removing it.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, JimKan1 said:

Do you believe every ht can be repaired? Especially a young person who cant take finasteride?

It depends on the situation in most cases yes. Pictures can definitely help assess the situation. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, JimKan1 said:

I also came across this case from Dr Barghouthi

Yes I agree it depends really on the case and how much can be extracted to repair. The case @JimKan1referred to turned out very well actually. Here are some photos after the repair for anyone interested.

634270E3-B19D-4EC2-8DC9-49E6CA6078AD.thumb.jpeg.26a7c030e5310c29b0d806f87deb55a6.jpeg78A74318-148E-4E14-8AA2-ECB7CB32CDA5.thumb.jpeg.ce834219e6cbe6e3fc872a55f317dfaa.jpeg

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

10 hours ago, BaldBobby said:

what about laser hair removal?

that comment was a mistake, electrolysis can permanently remove the hair, laser works better with certain hair-skin types and sometimes isnt permanent and requires many sessions.

• Like 1