Donor area after Hair Transplant (Eugenix)

• 1 month later...

Hi HRN community 

today is 2 days short of my 9  months post op. I wanted to share update. Took few pics in wet hair, dry hair and also exposed weaker left mid/crown area.

hair length hair n these pics are number 4 guard back/side, and about 3inch top.

Let me know what you think. I am hoping that the weaker side will continue to fill up in coming months. I know that hairline on the left took longer than right to get thicker. Hoping same sort of outcome for the top/crown.

Wet hair pics

CAE26EDF-F54B-48DF-A012-9FD5D4E64CA3.jpeg

04E2FFDF-4AA1-4D35-8A8B-A9C5F2552995.jpeg

5A2FF89A-1846-435A-8237-FF2D38F91957.jpeg

93922E04-51BA-4BC3-B1BD-89307C97133D.jpeg

68363378-BA7C-40ED-A1D5-31D5E5EB4BE1.jpeg

F84209C1-11BE-4E26-8231-D4CC2E8A74B3.jpeg

B26DC1DD-AFA0-4979-8D6A-419DCEFE67C7.jpeg

On 9/21/2022 at 12:38 AM, Boomerang said:

Yes, I am quite surprised tbh. Didn’t expect it.

Are you though?

that’s literally in every post on here of people overreacting in the beginning and things magically “change” after 6-8 months. 

And then you have the trolls who disappear after causing FUD for OP and others. It’s ridiculous. 

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• Administrators

Perfect example of shock loss. This could be a case study on donor shock loss. 

@BaldingEagle1 I agree, too many people just post hit and run pieces and cause unnecessary stress and damage. 

3ED11E87-D9AC-4340-8A9A-FFC26F11CBCD.jpeg 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

43 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Are you though?

that’s literally in every post on here of people overreacting in the beginning and things magically “change” after 6-8 months. 

And then you have the trolls who disappear after causing FUD for OP and others. It’s ridiculous. 

I see what you mean but I am genuinely surprised how things have turned out positive.

I can’t speak for others but in my case, Coming from 2 previous bad experiences, I always had doubts about my 3rd procedure as well (this one @ Eugenix)… which I think is normal. Then bit of miscommunication and mixed communication from Eugenix as well, just flared-up the doubts. So from that perspective, I wouldn’t call it overreaction because my first point of action was to contact Eugenix but that’s where mixup happened. Then I brought it up here on the forum.

This 3rd procedure has changed my perspective. To me, going to the best clinic and putting your trust in them and then being patient. My advise to all looking for a HT is don’t rush into it and don’t expect rushed results.

hand on heart, thanks to Eugenix. I know I have paid them for the procedure but I am very thankful to them. Results so far have changed my life.

Edited by Boomerang
  • Like 2

Just now, Boomerang said:

I see what you mean but I am genuinely surprised how things have turned out positive.

I can’t speak for others but in my case, Coming from 2 previous bad experiences, I always had doubts about my 3rd procedure as well (this one @ Eugenix)… which I think is normal. Then bit of miscommunication and mixed communication from Eugenix as well, just flared-up the doubts. So from that perspective, I wouldn’t call it overreaction because my first point of action was to contact Eugenix but that’s where mixup happened. Then I brought it up here on the forum.

This 3rd procedure has changed my perspective. To me, going to the best clinic and putting your trust in them and then being patient. My advise to all looking for a HT is don’t rush into it and don’t expect rushed results.

hand on heart, thanks to Eugenix. I know I have paid them for the procedure but I am very thankful to them. Results so far had changed my life.

Totally agree and I’m sorry about the past procedures. 

so happy you got a good one now! :)

• Thanks 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Great result! 

5 hours ago, Boomerang said:

hand on heart, thanks to Eugenix. I know I have paid them for the procedure but I am very thankful to them. Results so far have changed my life.

Great result mate! Just had a read back, and wouldn't kick yourself about being seen as overreacting, you was clearly stressed at the time, as would anyone in that situation! I do however, think certain posters replies didn't help your anxieties by stating you were over-harvested, which I have no doubt caused you a lot of unnecessary stress! Your journey will serve well to those who go through shock-loss post surgery and need some inspiration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Are you though?

Well we need to cut some slack for the patients who are going through a lot at once. Sometimes the overthinking train can take us to places, and all we need is a bit of reassurance that we're on the right track.

• Like 1

Can you cut to a shorter guard in the sides and back? I saw they transplanted grafts into your FUT scar, does your scar not show as much visually, could you cut it to a three guard or less without it showing? Results look awesome and with a 4 guard you can’t see the scar at all. 

• 2 months later...

Hi lovely people

11 months and 10days update. Took pictures in different lights so some look better than others.

left side of crown is still comparatively thin, as it has been from the start.

I am not too sure if the progress/improvement from 10 months  is very visible in the photos but I definitely feel that it is still improving, maybe texture, thickness, more growth, I can’t really tell what it is.

appreciate any input.

cheers 

215BBDDE-B892-4FAD-8FAF-CC4A83376D3F.png

5EA8CFBB-1190-4360-AE9C-A92FBCE9D56E.jpeg

D1472EA1-D61F-4722-AFB7-B2072899AE9B.jpeg

2B48ECAC-3014-4483-8A74-61382E377E84.jpeg

FEB72AD2-4A33-4954-A945-E7BF9DF806F0.jpeg

40397B3F-18CC-42B2-9043-68C46114E0A0.jpeg

C44200F7-3A25-462A-A503-FE3DD0DF667A.jpeg

ECF3373A-B257-4CE6-8335-71DDCAD01A98.jpeg

C0631B0D-2A63-4F96-BD6F-8238CD49437A.jpeg

28B7C237-24F1-4D31-A93A-D900B185341C.jpeg

6C1FC5D6-C779-4B2C-B43C-58A190977B45.jpeg

049C47A2-2E41-408F-9AA8-C87EDC063887.jpeg

0EAF7AEA-1624-43A3-9695-082AE9AB7A4F.jpeg

A90FA18A-FCE3-4763-BB0B-6CE9D56D4BB7.jpeg

DE86B23C-FB0D-4C13-AE5F-03059958289A.jpeg

5492D103-F377-4133-87AA-C6204568F1F8.jpeg

2167BAE8-41A5-4C05-9476-D8003925B73D.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, HairTrippin said:

Can you cut to a shorter guard in the sides and back? I saw they transplanted grafts into your FUT scar, does your scar not show as much visually, could you cut it to a three guard or less without it showing? Results look awesome and with a 4 guard you can’t see the scar at all. 

@Boomerang I would like to know about this too. Thanks for your help.

• Administrators

Everything looks excellent 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...