Is my HT failed? I'm losing confidence now

Reijo

Hi Guys. It's been almost 7 weeks since I did my Hair Transplant and based on most people's experiences I've seen on youtube and pictures uploaded in this forum, it's about time for my shedding to stop. On the last couple of days, I'm not seeing anymore hair fall or lost during shower and even when I wake up in the morning. The 2nd and 3rd picture is the current state of my recipient area which really bothers me. As you can see, some pores looks like it's closed and some do look like it's completely gone and the hole that the doctor made when he implanted the grafts also healed like it's just a scar now. I'm not sure if this is what it should look like on my current status but compare to my status on my 2nd week (1st picture), it looks really different. Can somebody verify to me that everything that is currently happening in my HT journey is normal? I'm really starting to lose hope specially because I will have my wedding in 8 weeks time. I'm not wisihing for a full grown hair but at least my hairline should updated when that time comes. :'(

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-12 at 10.53.45 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-12 at 10.46.05 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-12 at 11.02.45 PM.jpeg

• Administrators

Completely normal at 7 weeks.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it might be hard to accept, but in another 8 weeks, most probably you will only have 40% of the transplanted area grow, so maybe you can put make up in that area if the said area is red to cover it up, and you might need to shave it if the random hair sprouts looks bad, then grow it after the marriage.

hair transplant isn't an 'instant' fix, you need around a year for it to fully shows.

• Like 1

OP, can you please tell us how many grafts you had implanted and also is that before picture a picture of your hair situation as it is or was it taken shaved just before the procedure? 

The density imo of the post-op picture looks very lacking and spread out. This wouldn't grow out to give you sufficient density imo. 

Also, you should not have had this procedure done with your own wedding coming up 8 weeks post-op. If you were perhaps attending somebody elses wedding, that's okay and you can try use hair fibres etc. but you have taken a serious Russian Roulette approach to not only a hair transplant but then also getting married 8 weeks post op. 

I would always advise any person getting married to allow 12+ months for their hair transplant to mature just in case they were a slow grower and whatnot. That way you can truly line up a perfect day. You can also train after around 3 weeks post-op normally to try get in a good shape for photos etc. and just really make it a memorable day hopefully for all the reasons it should be. 

I hope you can do something but you have played with fire. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Still normal progress imo.. can you tell us the clinic?

Clinic name is Seven D Medical Center in Jumeirah, Dubai UAE.

2 hours ago, mafpe said:

it might be hard to accept, but in another 8 weeks, most probably you will only have 40% of the transplanted area grow, so maybe you can put make up in that area if the said area is red to cover it up, and you might need to shave it if the random hair sprouts looks bad, then grow it after the marriage.

hair transplant isn't an 'instant' fix, you need around a year for it to fully shows.

That's actually what I'm planning to do but I'm not familiar on these hair fiber brands. Can you recommend a good brand that I can use?

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

OP, can you please tell us how many grafts you had implanted and also is that before picture a picture of your hair situation as it is or was it taken shaved just before the procedure? 

The density imo of the post-op picture looks very lacking and spread out. This wouldn't grow out to give you sufficient density imo. 

Also, you should not have had this procedure done with your own wedding coming up 8 weeks post-op. If you were perhaps attending somebody elses wedding, that's okay and you can try use hair fibres etc. but you have taken a serious Russian Roulette approach to not only a hair transplant but then also getting married 8 weeks post op. 

I would always advise any person getting married to allow 12+ months for their hair transplant to mature just in case they were a slow grower and whatnot. That way you can truly line up a perfect day. You can also train after around 3 weeks post-op normally to try get in a good shape for photos etc. and just really make it a memorable day hopefully for all the reasons it should be. 

I hope you can do something but you have played with fire. 

Graft planted was 1500. The first picture is taken 2 weeks post op and the other 2 pictures are taken yesterday and the day before which falls on 6 weeks post op. So basically, I'm on 15 weeks post op on my wedding day. I became very optimistic thinking that it will look decent after 3mos, but after looking on some people's experience, that's when I realized that it is a case to case basis and I might not end up exactly as the others do.  :'(

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

Clinic name is Seven D Medical Center in Jumeirah, Dubai UAE.

That's actually what I'm planning to do but I'm not familiar on these hair fiber brands. Can you recommend a good brand that I can use?

Graft planted was 1500. The first picture is taken 2 weeks post op and the other 2 pictures are taken yesterday and the day before which falls on 6 weeks post op. So basically, I'm on 15 weeks post op on my wedding day. I became very optimistic thinking that it will look decent after 3mos, but after looking on some people's experience, that's when I realized that it is a case to case basis and I might not end up exactly as the others do.  😢

I personally do not think the 1500 grafts looks like it would have been a high enough density. However, could you please share some pictures of your hair before the transplant please  i still think the grafts weren't as densely packed as they could have been either and are further apart higher up on the hairline.

Are you taking any medication like Finasteride? 

Personally i think at the 3 months mark, the transplant is slap bang in the so called Ugly Duckling phase. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I personally do not think the 1500 grafts looks like it would have been a high enough density. However, could you please share some pictures of your hair before the transplant please  i still think the grafts weren't as densely packed as they could have been either and are further apart higher up on the hairline.

Are you taking any medication like Finasteride? 

Personally i think at the 3 months mark, the transplant is slap bang in the so called Ugly Duckling phase. 

This is how my hair looks pre op. It was dense enough on the first couple of weeks post op but it’s all gone now. 

9C94B016-0B0D-4CCE-9EC0-7ADA203FA35F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Reijo said:

it depend on what hold you want, and wheter you'll get wet. for normal one, brand like "toppik" is very widespread and should be available on many country online shopping sites.
if you want the waterproof one, you'll need to use hairspray or other products, melvin's youtube covers up, and he even got a test while swimming. the channel name is hair restoration network.

7 minutes ago, Reijo said:

This is how my hair looks pre op. It was dense enough on the first couple of weeks post op but it’s all gone now. 

um... unfortunately, most people does get shock loss around 3 weeks to 2 month post op, and enter "ugly duckling" phase, where usually hair started sprouting and grow partially around 4th-6th month... those whose hair never fall out or grow around 3rd months are rare early grower...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mafpe said:

it depend on what hold you want, and wheter you'll get wet. for normal one, brand like "toppik" is very widespread and should be available on many country online shopping sites.
if you want the waterproof one, you'll need to use hairspray or other products, melvin's youtube covers up, and he even got a test while swimming. the channel name is hair restoration network.

um... unfortunately, most people does get shock loss around 3 weeks to 2 month post op, and enter "ugly duckling" phase, where usually hair started sprouting and grow partially around 4th-6th month... those whose hair never fall out or grow around 3rd months are rare early grower...

I heard that brand toppik from a friend of mine. I'll just order it from amazon to cover up the empty spots. 

I honestly think I'm still in ugly duckling phase and won't get past this until 3weeks from now. I just need to accept that even a decent hairline wont be visible during my wedding. 

21 minutes ago, Reijo said:

9C94B016-0B0D-4CCE-9EC0-7ADA203FA35F.jpeg

It looks like they put the new grafts lower and in front than where your existing hairline was and imo, 1500 grafts is nowhere near enough to cover that area with literally no hair there. 

Let it grow out, see what happens in the next months up until 12 months and as long as your donor area is okay, you could go for a 2nd procedure where necessary. 

• Like 2

It’s more than likely you will start to see growth from month 4, but it will be about 20% of the grafts (very approx), some people have faster growth in the initial stages but the final result for just about everyone is around 12 months. 
Wasn’t it around 2550 grafts you had? I see 1500 being mentioned in this thread, but I’m sure it was higher amount?

• Like 2

In my opinion you need at least 5 months, and that is in some of the more luckier scenarios, before you can comfortably have enough growth to move on with life and not worry about your hair and look anymore. Then after that obviously you still have more growth and thickening to come. But in the first few 3-4 months post-op you cannot expect anything much at all.

Edited by ML488
  • Like 2

Looks more then 1500 grafts for sure. Imo the density should be okay if the grafts are harvested good.

@NARMAKThe density only looks low behind the hairline, but this is due to the fact that the hairs in that particular area are pointing towards the camera, and in the other angles, the hairs are pointing away fron the camera. I mean, it's not the best job. But it wil probably be sufficient. 

Happy marriage. May it be the best day of your life. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Looks more then 1500 grafts for sure. Imo the density should be okay if the grafts are harvested good.

@NARMAKThe density only looks low behind the hairline, but this is due to the fact that the hairs in that particular area are pointing towards the camera, and in the other angles, the hairs are pointing away fron the camera. I mean, it's not the best job. But it wil probably be sufficient. 

Thank you for your input doctor. Definitely a keener eye than myself and i always hope a person gets a positive outcome. Also agree, hope you have a great wedding and marriage OP. 

• Like 2

Two things:

1.  There is no way that is only 1500 grafts.

2.  There is no way you can expect anything like a final result at 3-4 months.  At best the ugly duckling stage is starting to lessen at  3 months, and noticeable growth is occurring at 4.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, J.A.C said:

It’s more than likely you will start to see growth from month 4, but it will be about 20% of the grafts (very approx), some people have faster growth in the initial stages but the final result for just about everyone is around 12 months. 
Wasn’t it around 2550 grafts you had? I see 1500 being mentioned in this thread, but I’m sure it was higher amount?

I just confirmed 2weeks ago when I did my last PRP session that it was 1500 grafts only. And yes, I just wish I'm one of those who have hair growth faster than normal since my wedding is coming up in a few weeks. 

19 hours ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Hi Doc. I'm not quite sure if they harvested it good but they were very intricate during the procedure so I hope they really did. 
Based on your experience doc, can you tell if based on the grafts count, I can expect a good hair growth when it starts to grow? and also, my primary question in this thread is if I'm still in the right timeline and everything at the moment is still normal. Can you please confirm or have an input about it? Thank you doc.

55 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I just confirmed 2weeks ago when I did my last PRP session that it was 1500 grafts only. And yes, I just wish I'm one of those who have hair growth faster than normal since my wedding is coming up in a few weeks. 

In the other thread you said they confirmed 2550 grafts, did they then change and say something different ?  

3 hours ago, J.A.C said:

In the other thread you said they confirmed 2550 grafts, did they then change and say something different ?  

Yes. Since I was constantly being passed to the nurses/technicians of that medical center whenever I ask something, I never really got a concrete answer. Apparently, the 2500-2600 estimate was just from one of the technicians planted some of the grafts. 2 weeks ago when I went to do my last free PRP session, the same doctor who did the surgery was there and I was able to ask him directly about the number of grafts. It is also shown on my records on their clinic. 

4 minutes ago, Reijo said:

Yes. Since I was constantly being passed to the nurses/technicians of that medical center whenever I ask something, I never really got a concrete answer. Apparently, the 2500-2600 estimate was just from one of the technicians planted some of the grafts. 2 weeks ago when I went to do my last free PRP session, the same doctor who did the surgery was there and I was able to ask him directly about the number of grafts. It is also shown on my records on their clinic. 

Ah ok thanks for clarifying 👍🏽

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Lol, what a strange clinic that you don't know how many grafts they are implanting

They were very unprofessional in most cases. Last PRP session that I did, I waited for almost 2hrs to be done. The laser gear was on my head for 40mins even if the actual run time is only 15mins. I didn’t remove it cos the nurse told me not to touch it.