Is there any other Surgeon that has similar techniques to Dr Zarev

3 hours ago, Kashnw7hope said:

I think he does DHI but I could be wrong . Zarev from what I have seen is the Gold standard , the Novak Djokovic of hair transplantation . 

As a Djokovic and a tennis fan it brings me great joy that you used Novak as the gold standard example. 

• Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Dr Zarev uses a custom punch it seems and always has it obscured with a blur filter to not give his secret away in his videos it seems. 

Personally i think he's got some outstanding looking results from what can only be described as looking like hopeless cases. 

I still think Eugenix showcase a lot of outstanding results from Dr Sethi who probably is the most reminiscent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Dr Zarev uses a custom punch it seems and always has it obscured with a blur filter to not give his secret away in his videos it seems. 

Personally i think he's got some outstanding looking results from what can only be described as looking like hopeless cases. 

I still think Eugenix showcase a lot of outstanding results from Dr Sethi who probably is the most reminiscent. 

i think he also chooses his patients carefully and makes sure they have straight enough hair that he can use the choi pen and small punches to avoid damaging the grafts etc therefore would probably avoid afro patients as the curly root would be too easily damaged and wouldnt be able to take 3000 plus grafts a day without high transection rates

From limited accounts on this forum, zarev is a perfectionist and seems to have the patients best interest in mind. As a previous poster mentions, he keeps his punch system a secret but uses Choi implanters. He is involved in every step.

• Administrators

I’m not familiar with what technique Dr. Zarev uses aside from FUE. I think @Dr. Felipe Pittella is very similar in terms of the number of grafts and results. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don’t know about punches, but my Dr. makes his own custom incision tools (he makes the size of the blades with a machine cutter custom for each patient’s hair characteristics).

The vid is in portuguese, but here he shows how be makes the incision blades to the size he wants for each patient:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIGWghpFaKV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Fue3361
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

1 hour ago, Fue3361 said:

I don’t know about punches, but my Dr. makes his own custom incision tools (he makes the size of the blades with a machine cutter custom for each patient’s hair characteristics).

The vid is in portuguese, but here he shows how be makes the incision blades to the size he wants for each patient:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIGWghpFaKV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Many top docs do this. I remember visiting h&w a few years back and the rep showed me wong had a machine in a corner area of his office where he cut custom sized blades for incisions

• 3 weeks later...

Min12,

i’m guessing that since you’re post was moderated that you are likely spamming the form however, this does make for some good discussion so I’ll provide my thoughts anyway.

Yes, there are doctors who will extract follicular units outside of what’s referred to as the universal safe zone and this is done safely in some but not all situations.  Frankly, this is really only “mostly safe” and occurs in certain circumstances - such as when a patient with an already well-established hair loss pattern requires additional grafts to meet their goals.  Family history of hair loss is also typically looked at before this decision is made.

Where it’s not appropriate is when an individual possesses very little hair loss and/or their hair loss pattern has not yet been established.  It’s also not appropriate for individuals who are still dramatically losing their hair and their family history Is full of individuals with advanced hair loss patterns where taking outside of universal safe so I would not be considered safe 

Now let’s address what do you mean by “really small punch size”.  To me, the way you phrased this is quite dangerous.  The smallest punch size I’ve ever seen or heard about a reputable surgeon use is a .6 to a .7mm and that’s only for single haired follicular units.   I’ve also heard and seen doctors use punches as large as 1.1 to 1.2 mm for larger grafts.  Typically surgeons stay within this range and can extract follicular units with very low transaction rates, higher growth yield and essentially nonexistent scarring.

Keep in mind that the donor area can be “preserved” as you say by using much smaller punches but the viability of the graft and growth yield would be directly affected in a negative way.

Also, community members would respect posts like this more if the OP actually identify themselves as a clinic or patient rep and actually explained in detail what they do without violating the terms of service of this forum.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:36 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

is dr zarev really legit?

how can he do things nobody else seem to be able to produce?

From what I’ve seen, zarev seems legit. I think seeing more cases besides one specific one on this forum however (even though it is very good) would need to be done in order to gain full confidence.

I don’t think his surgical technique is too different than top doctors around the world and I don’t personally think his tools are much different.

however, where he excels is his surgical planning. I’ve not seen any doctor as meticulous as him based on a video that’s out there. He maps all areas of the donor and recipient with detailed graft/extraction plans and counts. I’ve heard his planning phase literally takes hours. His work looks very meticulous and clean. As clean as some of koniors post op examples. He’s mastered how to push the donor to its limits safely without having it look moth-eaten.

personally, I believe it’s very important that he’s also involved in every step. There’s no way a tech-heavy clinic could do similar work to zarev.

• Like 1