What's the lowest price you've seen for a hair transplant?

PluggedIn

I remember seeing on reddit recently someone spent $600 on a hair transplant somewhere in Africa. They only posted post operative pics but it did not look promising to put it midly. 

Does anyone have a similar story regardless of how it turned out?

• Administrators

There was a guy here a few years ago that paid like $2 a graft in Colorado. He was completely botched. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There was that guy who was performing his own FUE HT for absolutely nothing.  A few grafts at a time over a couple of years.  If someone has the link to his thread then please post it!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

There was that guy who was performing his own FUE HT for absolutely nothing.  A few grafts at a time over a couple of years.  If someone has the link to his thread then please post it!

Ask and you shall receive

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

He posted a recent video 

View my thread

Thoughts on seeing the Video..Ffs… Dude just get a HT.. You’re still bald and have more chance of getting a infection than hairs growing on the scalp… Or just keep wearing the tin foil hat.. 😂🤣

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There was a guy here a few years ago that paid like $2 a graft in Colorado. He was completely botched. 

Ahahah I love how you said it tho 🤣 

5 hours ago, PluggedIn said:

I remember seeing on reddit recently someone spent $600 on a hair transplant somewhere in Africa. They only posted post operative pics but it did not look promising to put it midly. 

Does anyone have a similar story regardless of how it turned out?

Dr.Maral in Turkey.

i sympathize with his thinking and probably money constraint but... not with how he seems to think that other people who advise against him have their own agenda.

the hygienic aspect is one thing... at least he did get betadine/etc to prevent infection.

but... i don't think just plucking out hair would grow it in a new area... at most he's just planting it there... until it falls out again...

he needs to move the hair follicle, not just the shaft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mafpe said:

i sympathize with his thinking and probably money constraint but... not with how he seems to think that other people who advise against him have their own agenda.

the hygienic aspect is one thing... at least he did get betadine/etc to prevent infection.

but... i don't think just plucking out hair would grow it in a new area... at most he's just planting it there... until it falls out again...

he needs to move the hair follicle, not just the shaft

It’s scary seeing this being done, it does make you wonder if he would try removing the follicle itself… If he did the proper research he would learn exactly what needs to take place to get it to regrow.. And then he could really do some damage 😬

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing that video Melvin .. that dude is my hero .. I’ already bought all the supplies bout to do it myself now :) 

All kidding aside .. geez that looked painful .. I can barely do dermarolling .. is it just me but does he look a lot worse with a scabby head all those months .. I rather shave my head than have it look infected liked that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Thanks for sharing that video Melvin .. that dude is my hero .. I’ already bought all the supplies bout to do it myself now :) 

All kidding aside .. geez that looked painful .. I can barely do dermarolling .. is it just me but does he look a lot worse with a scabby head all those months .. I rather shave my head than have it look infected liked that. 

your first sentence send me into a panik lol

and then the second sentence remind me of a sentence my cousin said, "beauty is pain", when i ask how come she can deal with facial so often 😆

Eeek 😦 Seriously this is waaaay too low, seems like some mills will do anything to get punters in. I see some crazy prices being marketed here in the Uk. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

Personally i realised that money isn't what you're really paying for when you get a hair transplant. It's your previous and finite donor. 

How somebody handles that is the most important part. 

Whilst going more expensive isn't always seen in the same light as going cheap, i think it needs to be because there's some really poor work done by places charging an arm and a leg in North America or Europe who act like staying in your native country is somehow a bigger guarantee of hair transplant success. 

That's why when i personally did my research, i weighed up what i needed and felt Eugenix are probably (at present) looking like the leading horse when it comes to quality of work for the different pricing tiers. 

• Like 1