The bt

Jerome

Has anyone ever listened to the bald truth why does spencer and jt bad mouth the industry and doctors joe tillman had 9 transplants but in his hair transplant class he tells people do not get a hair transplant.

2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Has anyone ever listened to the bald truth why does spencer and jt bad mouth the industry and doctors jt had 9 transplants but in his hair transplant class he tells people do not get a hair transplant.

I have watched him and listened to the show but some of the other posts after mine might not praise as much in the ways i might. 

I came across Joe on YouTube and generally as a gateway to further understanding he gives a good basic overview of what you should be looking out for. 

However it's only recently come to my attention via the forum here, Spencer Kobren has never even had a hair transplant. For a man so hell bent on educating males on hair loss and getting an organisation set up to in their words mold a reputable list of clinics etc. it astounds me he hasn't even used any of them. 

The one thing that has become apparent to me on this journey is that this entire industry is fraught with pitfalls and even the "good guys" have shades of grey in them depending on where you look. 

Ultimately, do your best to educate yourself from as many sources as possible and getting impartial advice where possible. 

I don't really listen to the show as much anymore but i found the community here generally is great to educate yourself and personally i like the fact there's individual patient reviews from start to finish we can see with good or bad parts. 

Regarding telling people not to get a a hair transplant. He's kind of right. Unless you appreciate all the potential complications that come with it, you shouldn't get one. 

He uses topical finasteride now apparently, I’m assuming it’s the one from H&W. 

I think overall he’s a lesser evil of some of the hair loss ‘influencers’ . . he knows his stuff, and has worked in a world leading clinic for over a decade I believe . . however I’d still take things he says with a pinch of salt, but I think you should do that with most things in this industry. 

Kobrens just an oxygen thief. How he’s made a living off the back of an industry he has never even had first hand experience with, is quite frankly beyond belief. And when I say made a living, I mean, made a fortune.  

54 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

He uses topical finasteride now apparently, I’m assuming it’s the one from H&W. 

I think overall he’s a lesser evil of some of the hair loss ‘influencers’ . . he knows his stuff, and has worked in a world leading clinic for over a decade I believe . . however I’d still take things he says with a pinch of salt, but I think you should do that with most things in this industry. 

Kobrens just an oxygen thief. How he’s made a living off the back of an industry he has never even had first hand experience with, is quite frankly beyond belief. And when I say made a living, I mean, made a fortune.  

Joe has "time in the trenches" in that he was there suckered in as a consumer just like many people were and then has a redemption arc which many people can also relate to and he has worked with Hasson & Wong who are well respected for many years as well as Rahal so he's been around enough to imo probably say he can educate people more competently than others. However i would say there are things where maybe he doesn't quite align with others. 

Regarding Kobren, it is definitely amazing to think a guy perhaps other than using medication like Finasteride etc. has built a lot of money around hair transplants etc. and fronting organisations like the IAHRS etc. 

I guess in some ways, he talks a good enough game to get where he is and keep the reputation of somebody who is reliable. However, in some ways i would say if he's happy with his hair loss situation where it is even if it's "smoke and mirrors" as he referred to it as, then as long as he hasn't done something completely egregious and generally he's helping benefit people to go to more competent clinics and makes a buck, i suppose its the lesser of evils in some eyes. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Jerome said:

Has anyone ever listened to the bald truth why does spencer and jt bad mouth the industry and doctors joe tillman had 9 transplants but in his hair transplant class he tells people do not get a hair transplant.

From what I gather they have badmouthed good surgeons, and even their own doctors. This forum has been badmouthed ad nauseam. I’m sure I’ve been run through the chipper myself.

Rather than obsess on doom and gloom. I prefer to have this community educate first and foremost, then help those motivated to get surgery find the right surgeon for them. When done right, a hair transplant is life-changing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
21 hours ago, Jerome said:

I know I will get shelled by some for this but I really think it's not only good but healthy to agree to disagree. Some of my closest friends and I disagree on everything up to and including politics. I have followed Jotronic since he began his hair repair journey twenty years ago. I've also followed the Bald Truth. I've also followed Bald Cafe and been involved in podcasts, etc. From my experience I hold Joe (and Spencer) in high regard. It was Joe who phoned me some seven years ago and helped me sort my way out of a dead end being stuck with a hair piece for 25 years. Joe spent the time with me to look at what my options might be and what I wanted to do (and not do). It was also JT who released a YouTube video that really looked at Eugenix as a clinic and their high Norwood results that got the attention of high Norwoods such as myself and Zoomster (though I am only speaking for myself here). After my last day of surgery with Eugenix it was Joe who congratulated me (along with Dr Bicer and others) on finally getting to where I did after 37 years of a living with all of this. What I like is that Joe and Spencer give the worst case scenarios of a hair transplant that we at times see all too often and they see hair transplantation as a last resort. I also hold this view. If I didn't have the many scars that I did I would have been perfectly happy to have kept my shaved head because I think it suited me and today is now in vogue (again these are just my views and others will obviously disagree). I'm also for hair transplantation when done correctly on an educated and well researched candidate. Anyway this is just from my personal experience and I will always respect the opinions of others. May the HRN brotherhood approach prevail.

• Like 7